1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wall jumps

Discussion in 'Balance' started by oblex, Jan 6, 2014.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2014.
  1. I completely agree

22.7%
  2. You're fu****g nuts!

77.3%
  1. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

I thinks wall jumping isn't a good idea, knights carry armour which is 40kg and chainmail around 14kg, that 54kg of weight plus more with the shield, sword and other gadgets, they shoud not be able to wall jump 3 times their hieght unless they're some kind of master chief.

2. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

So you want to have wall jumping removed because it's unrealistic..?

3. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

I like your thread and you have a point if we were talking about reality. (The middle ages would be a totally different history lesson with knights that could jump three times there height :P). Unfortunately we are referring to a game which is probably the furthest thing from reality. For example when you die in a game you come back to life in a couple of seconds, that doesn't happen in real life. I could go on comparing the differences between games and reality but I think I have made my point.

I feel wall jumping is a necessity in this game and it is the reason that the knights are as deadly as they are. If knights didn't have their mobility builders would be the most powerful class. Builders could reduce the height of all there towers because lets be serious we don't build those walls to defend ourselves from archers. Games would last longer then they already do and I almost guarantee that 80% games would end in a stalemate.

Your still welcome to your opinion but I feel that wall jumping is a necessary evil in this game.

Solaris likes this.
  4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

If you don't want wall jumps go play KAG Classic.

If you want video game realism go play Battlefield.

If you want actual physics and realism go play outside.

Having "realism" as the primary reasoning in wanting to add or remove something doesn't work. KAG is a game where you glide by holding chickens, wear horse masks while fighting huge battles, and grab sharks and use them as a weapon. Realistic is far from what KAG is.

JPD likes this.
  5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Offtopic but w/e
    Have you actually ever played that series? It's michael bay movies minus the robots besides being an arcade shooter. Arma is probably waaay more realistic than any battlefield title you're ever going to play.

Anyway, as many others said above already, realism isn't the goal of this game and I highly doubt that walljumps are ever going to get removed. You'll end up having to mod them away.

Rubixxcube, BlueLuigi and Duplolas like this.
  6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Yay, more reasons for people to appreciate my arrow ladders. ::D:

But yeah, Kag without walljump is like knights without swords. You just can't. :(

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Realism argument holds no validity here in kag:
    Knight 1-"Oh look! I can float by holding a sheet of metal above my head!"
    Knight 2-"Hey, I can float more If I hold a chicken whilst doing so!"
    Knight 3-"If I block an explosion with a piece of metal that also allows me to float, I fly like a rocket ship!" *WOOSH*
    Archer-"Hey guys, If I throw this claw-like thing towards this smooth stone surface, It'll stick there and pull me towards it!"
    Builder-"Look at this big-ass tower only supported by one block!"

Yes I know I said similar things in another thread but the point holds true. You can't have realism in KAG unless you take out things that everyone wants.

8. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Auburn, just put it in your sig, and point down at it everytime a realism argument comes up.

That ssaid, I agree with them ^^

9. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

I'm not saying you should completely get rid of wall jumps but just tone them down bit, I remember playing classic we would often see builders in the front lines but now not so much due to the knight's mobility which makes any builder a free kill, and plus we already have a mobile class, the archer which is one step away from being titled a ninja, why have another class just as mobile that's only mobility difference is that they don't have a grappling hook

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What do you mean by "tone" it down...?
    You need to be a bit more specific with that idea.

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

You can't really call a knight as mobile as an Archer.. The grappling hook is a free method to scale most any building (save a line of 4+ upside-down wood platforms barring your path) Bombs are in limited supply. Unless the knight murders other bomb-carrying knights to replenish his supply, he has at most 4 bombs at a time to use.

This is enough to scale 4 small towers, or two spaced out large ones. (unless the knight can triple bombjump, then there's no estimating how far they can get haha.)

Even if a knight bombjumps over all those towers, unless all your defenses are made of wood, they have very little to do once they're over. All they can do is murder knights that wander by them and steal their bombs.

Moral of the story: Build lots of cost effective towers, not one or two big monoliths, and knights should make sure they aren't carrying any bombs when they go out to engage a skilled knight encroaching upon their territory.

12. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

Like you can't wall jump as high, haven't you heard the saying or is it just where I come from?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2014 ---
    I mean like if they see a builder the builder might build a small 5 high wall to protect himself but now the knight can jump over it and kill him, knights couldn't do this b4.

13. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

>So?

Maybe he should build that wall a bit higher, with an overhang. Just because it's different than classic doesn't mean it's bad. This isn't classic and it never will be.

Your argument seems to be "it was like this in classic, so it should be like this now".. that's a poor argument IMO, the game has changed immensely since then and it wouldn't fit the game to have such gimped mobility

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You didn't have to respond to me with that attitude... sheesh... D;
    So, you mean to say that you want it where players have wall running stamina? Out of curiosity, why do you dislike walljumping so much? It makes it less of a pain to get anywhere in the game, plus it makes evasion an easier task... as well as an evasion + back stab/slash if you're a knight if you wanted to do something fancy that could and can anger any new players. xD

Also, as a side note. This isnt classic anymore, this is a new version that the Devs built from the ground up... it's not better and more entertaining than ever before. And just so you know, never complain about a feature in a game that isnt spot on with reallife... it's a losing battle.

Frederikam likes this.
  15. oblex

oblex Builder Stabber

I didn't actually mean to have any "attitude" I guess it's the way you read it, anyways I give up on this wall jump thing.