1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryandietrich

ryandietrich Catapult Fodder

I can still say I want it, regardless of what is said in the update.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  2. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I was digging around old threads and found this:
    I lol'ed :p

Source: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/animals-on-the-map.362/#post-5135

kl4060, soulrealm, Gofio and 2 others like this.
  3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

lol, conflicting opinions on the game. But its being pushed in 1 direction anyway xD

Gofio likes this.
  4. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Burninating the countryside, burninating the village.... lol. good old trogdor.

kl4060, GloriousToast, Viken and 3 others like this.
  5. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

Is it possible for KAG to have a modding platform, like Bukkit for Minecraft? It'd make modding so much easier for us.

6. Yes, it's called Angelscript.

inactive_account likes this.
  7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

#smh...

I will never understand why people ask these questions without even trying to look up the questions they're asking. Half of this stuff has already been answered TONS of times.

The modding platform has already been answered. They're recoding the engine to make it possible to use AngelScript, which will allow for seemingly limitless ideas to come to life. Which I am excited for!

3e0jUn likes this.
  8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well, with angelscript modding, it would be possible to turn this game into minecraft...
    so that would probably be limitless.

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That's not what he means, go look up what bukkit is.

It's an easy way to catalog mods and they all work with eachother for servers.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Well people could make a kind of crafting survival, maybe even 3D :o

Demon_Jester and 3e0jUn like this.
  11. thebonesauce

Fuck 3D. KAG is meant to be in 2D. KAG would not work in 3D.

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

lel I know, but I would like layers.
    Like going in to a cave what brings you to a small dirt background room.

GloriousToast and thebonesauce like this.
  13. thebonesauce

See, some LittleBigPlanet style shit I can get into. Having like 3-4 layers on a map so you can have something like this...

First layer is mostly battlefield, ramparts/walls and frontline towers that span the four layers keeping the enemy out.
    Second layer could be the innards of a house or tower that you can see from the first layer, adding a place where you can place shops that aren't directly in the open. Also where the beginning of a cave could start.
    Third and fourth layers could be labyrinths of caves/mines/castles/dungeons.

THAT would be rad.

14. Mazey

Well, not really what I mean.
    I mean we have only 2 layers, abd caves are lik 15x25 and if you did like 50 blocks to right you're at the red tent you really need to block it fron there + tunneling gets nice again.
    rooms will me possible too, so you can also go one room up and go in the layer and make all sorts of traps and so forth.

This reminds me a bit of overworld, but I don't mean really something like that.

15. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

Maybe you guys could even make a single player campaign for KAG. But it'd be complicated, so yeah...

16. thebonesauce

17. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

I think the only problem is the bot control issues, like some bots attacking the player where they're not supposed to. Other than that, graphics and GUI would be the next concern. But good luck anyways.

18. unclearimage

unclearimage Builder Stabber

When they say "fairly immediate future" do they mean sometime in 2012? This has got to be the slowest updated BETA game ever made...

3e0jUn likes this.
  19. Mazey

Boy make a game yourself what you've been working on a whole year and rewrite it.

20. Unclearimage, they work as much as they can to get this out. What you don't see with game development is that it goes through an alpha, then a beta stage before even being released.

King Arthur's Gold is still technically in early beta atm. They can release updates at the rate they feel like, but the whole point of beta is that they get everything tested and ready for release.

thebonesauce likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.