1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Do someone know something about archers arrows spam tactic? I hate this... Maybe they will repair this :)

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You'll realise why we aren't doing this with the limited time when you try, it's going to be a massive effort to get that working in an ergonomic way :)
    You're welcome, trust me there's been no hiatus from our point of view but I figured an update would help sort out the confusion people have been having.

Read the post, this is the plan for now :)

Yeah, we're thinking about what to do here. We aren't going to shut down the old game since that wouldn't be fair to anyone who wanted to play it, but yes I think it's a good idea to make a demo of the new engine. Only issue is that attempting to content limit it will backfire because the scripting systems could be used to recreate anything, so I think we'd have to go time-limited on it. This is the full game though, so I think people can deal with paying for it. If it just so happened to be on steam then there'd be no issues along the lines of "HELP! I AM FROM SOME COUNTRY NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR PAYMENT SYSTEMS AND 12 YEARS OLD!" since steam wallet would let them get around that.

The new collapses work on a new, better physics system than the old one. Trust me that they're much more realistic, do not leer to any side and squish you nicely. They also sync better because they're using entities, which means that they're more expensive to sync but much more reliable. As long as your server isn't about constantly collapsing everything it should be fine though.

Gamerbro, SARGRA13, DrZaloski and 3 others like this.
  3. *sigh* no reply for me :(

4. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Wow.
    KAG can be more awesome?:D

5. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

Hum, it's a new game, but it doesn't mean we'll have to pay a second time right ?

6. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Will the premiums have to buy the game again for play this update :huh?: ?

EDIT : Sorry I just read that the answer is "no" pheewwwwww :oops:

7. KaB

KaB Shopkeep Stealer

What ? WHAT ?? You meant "no" !!! No premiums won't have to buy for this update

Please !

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  8. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

yes I edited it's no

9. qwertycrackers

qwertycrackers Shopkeep Stealer

Wow... Uhhh... I don't really know what to say... But I like like the trees though. Good Job!

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  10. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

One question: will TDM, swordfight and zombie mode be polished up after the release? Or will all work on the game cease immediately? If the former is the case, I don't see the need for a name-change unless you're considering it from a style POV.

DrZaloski and KnightGabe13 like this.
  11. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

How will spawning work in the new WAR Mode? Will farming have something to do with getting more lives?

12. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Ooo, i like that idea AKF, Minecrafters can make the team more lives as they fights!
    15v15 game
    Both sides start with 50 extra lives
    Upgrade shops and set out to the new islands
    Fight a TON.
    Gather lives all game (Farming doesnt only have to be food in a game, you could have slower growing extra team lives, or this could be a mod)
    Over Take your enemy!

That or this is all BS, and you have infinite lives as long as your port is around lol. Both ways work, i just like the idea AKF had.

13. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

The servers havn't been as active....KAG NEEDS THIS!

14. Slimmy

Slimmy Catapult Fodder

Thank you KAG devs I will get premium soon :)

EDIT: haha I had a typo.. :P

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  15. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Thank you KAG revs. ;)

That's awesome.

16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Btw... about the tech progression... do you mean like the way gabriel7080 does it?
    If you ever been in his server. He has something called age wars where u go from wood age, stone age, gold age... etc etc...
    Is that how its being done?
    EDIT: btw the gabriel im speaking of is Zer0... the one who really owns the server and always borrows gabriels account with the clan tag Hero, or Zer0.

17. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Yes! I've been on that server, it's awesome. Even if everything's OP and you progress insanely fast...
    New classes, animals, minecrafters FTW. :p

18. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Aw, now my dream of my very own "constantly collapsing everything everywhere forever 24/7" server will no be a reality. Oh well, fair trade for non-confusing-and-bullshit collapses.

On a side note, I really hope multiplayer Zombie Fortress will be tightened up before release. I know I just said I liked how the devs where focusing the most on one really good game mode, but I feel like a co-op mode like Zombie Fortress should be implemented in a slightly less broken way.

19. xXDUBSTEPDAWGXx

xXDUBSTEPDAWGXx Catapult Fodder

Oh god,this sounds sweet...
    I love the farming and boats,reckon there will be new ores and items?
    If there was something like that i'd be over the moon.
    Probably not the sun,that would burn.

20. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

I WANT IT!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! MAY THE FROCE BE WITH YOU, MM AND GETI! GOOD LUCK!:thumbs_up:

KnightGabe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.