1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Weather Feature!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duke_Jordan, Aug 22, 2013.

?

Would you like Weather?

1. Yay!

76 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Nay!

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I'd like to see Fog battles, with limited sight... but... ::(:

2. watermelon200

watermelon200 Catapult Fodder

there's just too many comments for me to look through them all so excuse me if this was already said,
    this would work much better if it wasn't random and was somehow put into a map or game so it would last the entire time so random events wouldn't just screw up a game and instead people would be prepared

3. Iqea

Iqea Shipwright

As I remember, it was in Kag Alpha once, but I can't say where, and when. Probably on CTF, and it consisted on Snow Storm, where you can saw only few blocks around you.

4. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

This thread is very old, but it really upsets me looking at the poll results and seeing this not in the game. How and why is such a positive answer from the players not implemented? 56 votes out of 69 votes are in favor of implementing this. Just wanted to point that out. Really kind of upsets me how such a cool idea never got implemented, it's a shame. :/

5. here I browsed the thread for you

6. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

My point is it sucks how it never got implemented in the game. Lots of ideas get the same responses, "Oh just make it a mod" or "should just be a mod."

7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Because they are modable ideas and this is a multiplayer game where weather would have NO use in vanilla.

blackjoker77777 and Rayne like this.
  8. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

the entire thread just explained why it would have a use lol
    but besides that while it's easy to say "just mod it in yourself guys" expecting 80% of people who make suggestions to have sufficient skills in modding and whatever else is needed is absurd

Blubahub and Horse_That_Goes_Ni like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's not expected. With the game as open as it is, implementing it yourself is a viable alternative, and less absurd than expecting many suggestions to get added simply as a result of their suggestion, especially anything big and sandboxy.

J-man2003 likes this.
  10. CodeRedAlert

CodeRedAlert Arsonist Tester

I love the, "KAG is a SKILL game". HA! No it isn't, this is a PING game m8. I would however enjoy weather as cosmetic, rain would just add the badass levels to maximum in a war.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2015 ---
    Because weather really needs to be a mod right? Its that hard to add little droplets falling? I don't see why this can't be in vanilla, you sure as hell added mechanisms though! BOY! SUCH A GREAT VANILLA ADDITION!

11. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Yes, it is that hard. If you still think it's not - then do it yourself and see.

J-man2003 and Dargona1018 like this.
  12. CodeRedAlert

Why do I need to make content for a game when it has eligible developers?

PUNK123 and Biurza like this.
  13. Furai

Because you ask for a feature developers don't want to waste time on. It's simple as that. KAG is way past the point where the content is being added.

14. CodeRedAlert

Because they're busy wasting time on Trench right?

15. Furai

You do realise you're slowly driving me up the wall? Talking utter nonsense? There is nothing to comment more on the issue. EOT.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Wow, insulting the developers of a game you like...

As for weather, the developers are right, KAG is in Beta which only means bug fixes and small, small editions. I don't see where weather even has a place in the game honestly, it doesn't make sense and within a few weeks of the addition people would be saying how unbalanced it is, in which I would probably agree, because weather is for sandbox games that don't need to be balanced to be fun or playable.

And also, Trench Run is very promising, though that is an opinion.

17. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

@Galen

You're going off topic mate.

As for random weather it doesn't fit KAG's anti-RNG style gameplay at all, it would just make the game more frustrating and luck based, there's no point for it unless it would have a pattern.

If it did have a pattern, then yeah I guess it would be cool as a mod.

18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

theres a report function for a reason

Mods: Rainbows