1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Weekly News – KAG Update for Halloween

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 30, 2015.

1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Can confirm this

2. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Plats always been op like that, i consider that a handy builder feature to disarming mines.

In general I like how mines can be picked up by enemy like it used to be long ago. I also like that they cant be shielded as they were useless against knights. However their greatest asset of being placed in right locations such as on teleporter, ballista, shops or flag room or anywhere is lost since team mates are always stealing them. Before you could make them at least untouchable by putting them in trap-blocks, now they don't go thru.

Tramps: kudos for nerf

Ballista spawning: couldn't spawn after enemy touched it then left. Is that by design?

Gregs: I think they would be funnier if they would just lift you up but not kill like in Verras vid, "We are going to France" allowing for enemy to crack free shots.

:mine:!

RadioActive likes this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

<obligatory grumbling post about terrible internet & being maide about not getting to join in the fun>

::(:

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

When I have no internet I use my imagination and pretend that there are snipers in my house. I copy the military jargon and do the weird motions whenever no one is around. I always call for reinforcements and I'd have to imagine them. But then I get too lazy to imagine it and it just turns into me making a bunch of weird noises and making kaboom sounds and shooting sounds when I think no one can hear me.

Redshadow6, Magmus, Auburn and 6 others like this.
  5. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

poor fuzzeh ;;
    skapooooooooooooooooooooow tktktktktkkttt
    FIREINTHAHOLE

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You and me both, brother. Sometimes my wife gives me the strangest looks. I don't think she understands. :oops:

butterscotch likes this.
  7. Bint

Bint Haxor

It still lives, you have to use a stake on it or it will just keep coming back :skeleton:

AmestriStephen likes this.
  8. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I changed it to make them stomp you, because the interactions with picking up players didn't work very well, having the gregs eventually break themselves was a nice way of making them stop after a little bit.

9. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

actually this is pretty much cancer, getting stomped when dealing with the enemy base isn't really cute

edit: sometimes when i launch the client now, my character can't climb ladders

10. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Cute ghosts.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Nice update, but I found a little bug when playing archer. When you're holding a tramp and shooting down, the arrow bounces off the trampoline. This basically prevents you from shooting down or chucking the tramp, shooting and regrabbing it. Is there any way to fix this?

12. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

We are probably going to make tramps heavy items, like kegs. So you wont be able to attack while holding them. With that comes the fix for being able to attack without anims while holding a keg..

J-man2003, Vamist and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can tell everybody whining about mines plays only knight.

Why is it a problem that mines are something that knights can't really deal with? Why should knights be able to use something an enemy paid 60 gold for as a free bomb jump, taking just about the least effort of any class to destroy? I think making them an anti-knight measure is a great idea to be honest.

I will agree that it sucks that teammates can just walk into them and get you killed even through shield.
    Here's how it should work: Shields still block them but if you touch the mine, you get mini-stunned and then it explodes, still guaranteeing a kill through shield but only on the guy that ran into it. Seems like that should be at least possible, if not easy to implement.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I kinda agree with this, but at the same time, this was still true for the other classes before the update. I can't count the number of times I've been killed as builder or archer by some knight "helping" detonate mines. Have definitely been frustrated by it though.
    Could have it stun the guy who touches it, and then explode in a second, so at least those around have time to get clear.

Food for thought, something probably "needs to be done", but I'm enjoying that they actually have some valuable area denial value now.

Team-mates stealing them is more annoying to me than them detonating them. No respect.

J-man2003, Magmus, Vamist and 3 others like this.
  15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I'm an archer main, I rarely play knight outside of when I'm in a braindead mood, and I think that you should be able to shield mines. Right now, they can be spammed around the battlefield without thought. Before, however, you had to put them in intelligent locations for them to work. e.g. outside of the enemy door where some knight will go blow it up and fuck a bunch of their team's doors, or in a dark tunnel to stop rushing builders, or on your travel tunnel for when people go through. Playing knight is fun because it is an unstoppable force, that can just go through everything, bomb jump over towers, kill everything in your path and be boss. Similarly, archer is fun because you have to be careful with what you're doing and builder is fun for getting shit done. But now knights have to tip toe around because one wrong move could mean getting instantly killed, which really isn't fun for anyone, much less beginners.

I agree the mines needed a buff (at least in CTF), but that should have come from a decrease in coins from 60 to 40, not from making them OP and annoying as all hell.

16. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Pretty weird line of reasoning. I see it as they nerfed the least mobile class vs mines making them the only class that cannot detonate/remove mines from the playing field without dying. I like that mines stay on the field of play more, but completely screwing over knight movement isnt the way to go. Mines are suppose to be something strategically placed to destroy something useful, not spammed on the playing field because you have extra coins. I play all the classes and that is why i see it as pretty unfair. Knights should always be the majority of each team with the rest being 1-2 builders and 2-3 archers. When you buff an item to the point where they can be spammed at the contested area(probally mid), and the majority of the fighting force cant maneuver around them, it just doesn't seem like it would help gameplay

EDIT: i mean knights in general movement are the least mobile without coins to fund them. Archers can grapple and builders spawn with resources that can be used to surmount anything on the map.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's a shame, then, that knights do in fact have coins to fund them (else the mines on the battlefield would not be a problem, as they too cost coins).

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I wouldn't expect knights to actively bombjump over and around mid every respawn to avoid scattered mines

J-man2003 and mehwaffle10 like this.
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Eh, people are spamming them because a) they got changed and b) the archers don't know to shoot them yet (that's a hopeful yet). Archers should be able to take care of mines without worrying about fucking anyone with a shield over, mines really shouldn't go through shield unless they make direct contact

And honestly while there are a shitton of mines about it would take a lot of coins to get to the point where knights just see a field of mines that they can't jump over.

J-man2003 likes this.
  20. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Not going to lie, the CTF scoreboard is trash.

//EDIT: constructive feedback is con--wait, nope, it's not actually constructive (in future, plox to give some reasons for your unhappiness, Rampage. :wink:). ~FBB

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015