1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Silent Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Damn Windows 7 Starter. Can't even launch wizard. :(

2. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Background: Played the game before there was classic, starting about 6/2011, for years. One of my favorite games ever, and I'm actually an old geezer so that counts for something. I took a break when nothing was happening for months, and just discovered this beta. I'm sure I've already lost most of you with my complete sentences and "elitism," but here are my two cents:
    • The new stuff for the most part looks great. I love the fire arrows, the boats, the catas / other "drivable" vehicles. I love that the game is moddable, scriptable. I think having more toys to play with is great. But the core gameplay is totally completely gone.
    • The boat fights probably seemed like a great idea on paper, but they are dull, linear, and uncreative affairs when compared with the epic castle/wall building marathons of the old game. Hell, boats make the old skybridge-mess look like a dream...
    • And the factories… Good lord, what a mess. They look like a mishmash of pixels, I can't tell one from the next. The weird arcs connecting to other players / factories - I guess these are indicating supply, but I don't care to figure it out.
    • Migrants? Seriously?! What a totally odd thing to add. "So, you have little NPC guys that come from nowhere and go fall asleep in beds that act as battery packs for your factories." Why?
    • The tech tree? Jeezus, why would you have a tech tree in a 2d-side-scrolling fast action game?
    • Yes, I'm sure I could take the time to read about these new features (where- I don't know) and learn the new way, but the thing is, no new players that come in through Steam would ever bother to do so. They'll just think it's a mess, it's boring, and move on.
    Cue the litany of "The old game is gone, get over it" responses, but before you do I just want to say that I am sad/mad/baffled that the game has gone from being such a wonderful, clever, play for hours FANTASTIC game to such a weird pile of half-aborted ideas glued on top of each other without much of an attempt to preserve that winning gameplay of the original.

My advice: Cut your losses. Implement the old CTF style gameplay with all the new fire/water stuff, bring back the coin system (dudes exploding into coins was one of the coolest ideas you guys had), let people just buy the new gizmos at a workshop or whatever and get the game out there. You had an absolutely wonderful game that the world wasn't ever able to even get to know and it'd be a goddamned shame if they never did.

tldr; go read the rest.

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I agree with you on some points except the tech tree part, because why not have it, it adds some depth especially the idea where players vote on tech they want next, but right now it's very much useless because it's linear and does not contribute to overall tactical approach.

Contrary and Apronymous like this.
  4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

FWIW: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/current-issues-and-dealing-with-them-poll.14432/
    I'd like to comment more on this but I don't think I'm allowed to, expect more changes in the direction you've recommended.

5. MegaSheep

MegaSheep Catapult Fodder

ah finally :migrant:

6. gkimbell

gkimbell Catapult Fodder

I've been a full member for a while and never knew about this! God damn. Better late than never I suppose :p Can't wait to try it

7. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Expect god-awful ping unless you live in Germany.

:c

8. Corinthian

Corinthian Catapult Fodder

A point i'd like to make;

I personally much preferred the last build's war gametype, and I'm sure many others did. Maybe this current war gametype and the last build's could be seperate gametypes? It'd be much appreciated, I'm sure.

9. timmiolen

timmiolen Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I found a new game what to nolife! :D

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I dun liek dem team spikes.. :I
    Best to do is make that a seperate technology and keep the original spikes. owo

Wargod-Loki likes this.
  11. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

WAR is pretty much meant to be TDM with building and all this, so quick combat and little time to build, more action oriented.

12. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Here's another suggestion...

Gliders for builders and archers.
    Why? Cause why the fuck not... knights already have gliders -A.k.a Shields- give the other classes one too.. ;w;
    Now.... I now what you're saying "Archers with gliders!? OP MO-FO" best way to even that shit out is to not have them able to shoot while in the air.. Or really anything while gliding... well.. except for some epic assassination kills from the air when they do that knifing move... make it all Assassins Creed up in this bitch... xD
    Now,some small suggestions to the bombs in this game... reduce the amount of bombs a single knight can hold... by that I mean one bomb per slot.. not a shit ton. If someone happens to grab 3 workshops worth of bombs... well then... they have 8 in total. Plus.. reduce the timer on the bombs able to be produced in those workshops to stop spammers. Because really.. all the spammers do most of the time is destroying the thing they're standing on.
    Oh.. and one last thing.. a constantly reoccurring issue... skybridges. Unfairly built machine that can crawl over the landscape and can give an easy win for any team on it.. (Maybe someone can also fix that damn gravity thing that you guys had before to stop those assholes from making skybridges in the first place...)
    Please fix it... ok?

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Just thinking, archers now don't even arrow climb that much as they used to, why not give them some ninja ability with rope and hook.

greyfox likes this.
  14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hmm... maybe a bit op considering how powerful they already are. o-o
    How many of these hooks are you thinking of giving an archer? How will you deploy it.. is the rope limited? So on and so forth.. o -o

15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

They are not op, I killed two archers up close as a builder, nerf builders, they flex too much!

it will just merely replace arrow climbing or at least some special ammo type like rope arrow which only archers can use, knights too heavy.

16. longshanks

longshanks Catapult Fodder

Hey i just downloaded it and when I try to play online, it lags a LOT.

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Don't nerf builders.. make hitting them easier... xD

Replacing arrow climbing would be nice... just having an assassins creed style transport would be nice... is it a 1 use thing btw? Cause if it's mutli-use then we can have spidermen everywhere :D

18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

One use thing indeed, having them climb everywhere as you can imagine would be so annoying, especially when they would climb up and set everything on fire, hooks could also serve as rope to swing between tall points perhaps, so you shoot rope at tower in the distance and you can swing down next to the wall and then climb it.

greyfox and Digger101 like this.
  19. wer66

wer66 Shark Slayer

Found this out from my brother :D, we both share the account , so I cant play with him, but Ill just play some other server, DLing right now, just curious, is there only like one server? or can someone for example host there own server?

20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's like Classic, you can host your own servers or join the existing community hosted ones.

Digger101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.