1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Silent Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

2. Boomslang

Boomslang Catapult Fodder

I have problems updating king arthurs gold beta. i get stuck to downloading juxta.dll at 47% every time i try to launch game.

3. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I've just played on one map for 4 hours and 13 min, so I started to think , BETA has a serious problem match it turns into a sandbox over time. Classic had bombjumpers and catas to deal with that problem, both those things could turn the dominating side in to a loosing one. to fix that sandbox problem in BETA Devs:smug: must add something what will give team a massive boost.
    My idea is to add gliders, they were invented by Leonardo da Vinci in that period of time on which KAG is based. I've seen how people are using flying bug to own the opposing team and that is op. so to prevent people from jus flying over the enemy base and spamming arrows :spam: there should be something like atmosphere in which player is allowed to fly. gliders should also descend and have low health, so they can be stopped by 1 archer shot. I am keen to make BETA better but it has serious problems. don't get me wrong I like it a lot :)

If you have ideas post them here, I made a thread.
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/how-to-make-the-war-gamemode-better.13437/

Also if there is a better way to get that to devs pm me.

Access_Denied likes this.
  4. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Progress!

Ghozt likes this.
  5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I am a big fan of yours Geti I think some of your work is amazing, and you guys know that I love ramping up the community. But after staring at the hats for a while, the female vs male hats (The new ones) were basically the same thing, without the chin. I don't know wether you wanted this because compared to the first lot of heads they seem lacking. I know female and male heads aren't that important (as in the gender) but these just seem rushed.

This just brings us back to the problems from before. So I don't know this would go into a different section or not. Now, I can't just say something bad and let it run, so:

- Everyone can implement a custom hat. I know this would come with some major downers, maybe limited to one and really, how offensive can you get with a small amount of pixels?
    - A competition! Pretty self explanatory.
    - People make their own and the public votes on them. Much like the steam workshop if something gets recognised as VERY good the devs could implement it.

I just thought of this: A forum section dedicated to heads, after somebody submits a bunch of individual heads and so do other people a thread is made and a list of every head spoilered would be underneath and everyone votes on one they likes. That way it would be like a country, those few dumb fucks can vote on their 'comedic' penis head, but majority of people will vote on a artistic one. After that process is over, the dev get the final say and they implement the chosen head. This could maybe be done every week or fortnight for a steady flow of hats. I really like this idea! Also the most time consuming part would be implementing the heads.

I know these would take a lot of work, to only implement but make, but it's achievable (in a long time)

Edit// I went and read FBB's sticky just then, I am sorry for suggesting ideas or what not, if so mods do how you please.

GloriousToast, Eden, Ne3zy and 2 others like this.
  6. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

be quiet with kag silent beta. serious shhhh

DobryMurzyn and Ciasteczko like this.
  7. NKking

Guys if you have good ideas on how to improve KAG BETA war mode and in general KAG BETA post here
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/how-to-make-the-war-gamemode-better.13437/
    This thread is doesn't meant to be a wall of text.
    Good idea with hats I love it

8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Are you trying to get people to your thread? If so, weird.

Secondly, it's hard to understand your English and most of the time 'walls of text' usually mean depth and thought which is the way a forum should be. Not like the instant messaging you would send over a picture on FaceBook.

Finally, thanks.

Again hard to read an you are linking someone to your thread.

As for what progress means I would think the following: "Great to see all this current progress, the game is becoming very exuberant with all it's features, I can't wait for the forthcoming progress and I will be on the edge of my seat for the final product."

9. NKking

1) No, just want to make people write their ideas on the right threads.
    2) English is not my original language.
    3) I like to see the game progress as well.

10. jfurndoifu

jfurndoifu Builder Stabber

Not to bring you down we don't move to fast if yo think about it its just seems like we are plus it gives the game a new fell.

11. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Awesomesauce.

13. masterzurkon

masterzurkon Builder Stabber

When I tried downloading, it said this installation package could not be opened.

EDIT: I downloaded it again, and it worked :)

14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

There is a Help section for the beta you know.

Froghead48 likes this.
  15. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

This thread has gotten, what, 6 pages of posts in about 2 days. :eek:

That's KAG for ya. :)
    </br>--- merged: May 5, 2013 5:29 AM ---</br>
    Shit - just opened the launcher, and God, those graphics are sexy.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've just realised that the installer is bugged and that it installs some incorrect files, I'll get onto Tom about fixing that asap.

The heads are mostly the same for both genders so that both genders get the same, or very similar customisation choices. This ensures it's as fair as it could be and that noone is forced to make the choice between the gender they want to be represented as and the hat they want to wear.
    I don't want the community making hats for the time being. I might open ways to get your hat into the game later on.

I also don't want to think about hats very much at all until the game is actually "out". They are literally the lowest priority item on the list.

Adelarth, Evan5567 and Ghozt like this.
  17. Ketchup

Ketchup Builder Stabber

AWESOMENESS from you, STAFF.

18. Aftermath

Aftermath Shipwright

I'm downloading it now, If what you all say is true I'm going to love it, I hope I'm not so much as a noob on KAG beta as I am on the KAG at the moment.

19. Semproser19

Semproser19 Shopkeep Stealer

Something I've noticed, is that view/camera movement is much less smooth than alpha, its quite jarring actually :/
    and still the 30fps cap? :(
    If you could change the engine to get 60...I would be over the moon.

cleggy, link6155, CookieEpic and 2 others like this.
  20. FranticIch

FranticIch Let me be your tank... Donator

lol, I like the readme file:
    :p

GloriousToast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.