1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What are these things coming in the next update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rambo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

I'm pretty sure he means zombies are going to be a part of the multiplayer fights.
    My guess is that they will work with day/night cycles, maybe caves too.
    It's dangerous to venture out at night because you can't see AND there are zombies?
    Maybe lanterns and backwalls will keep zombies from spawning in your base. In a fashion similar to terraria/minecraft.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Zombies will not just spawn anywhere on the map. I don't really like that mechanic in minecraft (Haven't played terraria) simply because it means you miss one corner corridor with torches and somehow your base is full of skeletons.

When I said zombies and multiplayer won't be exclusive I mean you'll be playing it collaboratively with friends. You'll be able to play it solo but good luck surviving on your own.

Note: A good half of the items in that image won't make it to the christmas release (mechanisms especially) but I figured since I've had the sprites ready for months I may as well include them in the mockup.

Something that should keep everyone happy though: Slopes confirmed.
    The stamina system won't be done by christmas so there's no need to panic just yet about archers having a hard time getting around - however we are likely to include a small stamina penalty when jumping to discourage simply holding the jump button when navigating the map or fighting.
    Stamina might also end up being restricted to the full version of KAG to keep KAG classic's mechanics constant.

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

"Note: A good half of the items in that image won't make it to the christmas release (mechanisms especially) but I figured since I've had the sprites ready for months I may as well include them in the mockup."

Geti resident dream-crusher.

But in all seriousness, this looks really really good, sounds like one of the best updates yet. Can stamina be turned off? Will be horrible for climb maps.

Oh, and in Terraria monsters only spawn around you, just to the sides of the screen. They don't spawn off some distance away.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. Are there going to be new hats?

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I guess you'd likely be able to turn stamina drain off, but it'll be used for a lot of things, not just jumping (think special abilities, charge attacks, food...) and thus infinite stamina would cause some massive imbalance in games with classes that can do anything flashy with their stamina. I guess that's the server owner's call though.

Either way, it wont be in the incoming update and we'll test it before making the final call.

EDIT: Hats you say? Maybe, depends if I get time, there's a lot of animation to do with these zombies.

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yeah, I just mean on servers that want to run jump/climb maps with only one class anyway.

Geti likes this.
  7. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Night time is going to be released around Christmas? Feels pretty awesome and really sets the Christmas mood. I'm totally going to assume that a santa hat is going to be released as well.

Food affects stamina? Im guessing the better you cook something the more stamina you restore? So I guess as a support man I'll be the designated team chef baking cakes and roasts... Iron chef KAG here we come!

Slopes to me means wheeled siege engines and pushing stuff now. Sounds like a Precurser to snow with the slopes... Or I'm just way into the Christmas mood and keep on thinking of slopes = sleighs.

8. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Why don't you make about 15 of each zombie part, (15 heads, 15 bodies, 15 legs, ect...) To keep it more randomized! And have a randomizer to make MANY zombies.

9. I think there is going to be tall and small zombies .. soo that wont work :P

10. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Make 7 for each.

11. Could work .. could work!!!

12. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Wait,really?
    But it's written ingame that it will be unawailable for free2players!

Ze paradox iz hurting my brain!
    Edit: oh,it means that I wouldnt be able to play with other players...daw.

Too much stuff to animate.Could work if you mean by "different" parts same parts but with different colors.

*Imagine that baby on the left being giant spinning trap with blades

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

"Why don't you do more work because I thought up an idea and it's a good idea, really guys, really it's good!"

Rayne, Noburu, Neat and 2 others like this.
  14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah the devs hate suggestions, that must be why there's a section of the forum dedicated to them... not all posts like that are demands for content.

15. Geti

I am so confused about what the hell you mean so I'm going to spell this out for those that are confused about the zombies and multiplayer situation:

ZOMBIES MODE WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE ON GOLD SERVERS. FREE PLAYERS WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH ZOMBIES. GOLD SERVERS ARE JUST AS MULTIPLAYER AS EVERYTHING ELSE -> YOU'LL BE ABLE TO PLAY ZOMBIES WITH YOUR FRIENDS, ASSUMING THEY HAVE THE FULL VERSION.

Keep speculating with the other stuff ;) If you catch me on IRC you're more likely to get straightforward answers, it's more fun to keep info more limited on the forums.

16. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

:eek: slopes! no way! but what about the blocky angular beauty?!

lol jokes, it will of course be awesome.

I really do like the night and day system as well, that will bring such a change to multiplayer maps that use it. i can just imagine stealth parties keeping low on the kag horizon so they don't silhouette themselves for the enemy to see, then having surprise raids.

as said before though, you had me at zombies ;)

17. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

It was just being thrown out there...

18. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

Glad to see gold servers will now be used.

Though not all public players are bad, the griefers and the ones who aren't too bright (met a guy who wanted to dig the enemy a tunnel on OMGWTFBBQ) can really get on my nerves.

Maybe zombies become the "heavy" zombies seen on that promotional poster thing at night, but are weaker and feeble at day? Could be interesting.