1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What did you want to be when you were younger?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by toffie0, Jul 8, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Something I've always found interesting or funny.

Guessing I'll start, so I wanted to be a hat maker right up till i was 10. Mainly because of my fav book at that time Zara's hats. Had this image in my head of people wearing silly hats in town made by me.... Realized when i grew up that people actually prefer something more... normal...

Magmus, Auburn, LordPumpkin and 5 others like this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Took a while to remember, but I wanted to either be a basketball player, or a chef. Guessing the idea for the basketball player arose from the fact that basketball was(and still is) my favourite sport to play/spectate. Whilst with cooking, I liked eating/making food(AGAIN, still do). I still have an interest in both of these activities, but I currently desire to do engineering as my future occupation! ;=;

icemusher and toffie0 like this.
  3. To be a basketball player professionally was and still is my dream... Maybe not at the level of the NBA, but overseas. Nothing else in the world has interested me this much. I probably am foolish for thinking this, but honestly, nothing else besides history is appealing. Living in the Silicon Valley practically screams engineer as a occupation for me, but I hate coding. ;-;

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

To be Oink, what else would anyone want to be?

Magmus, toffie0 and icemusher like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

A doctor, archaeologist, artist, or videogame creator. 2/4 ain't too bad haha.

Magmus, Auburn, dayleaf and 4 others like this.
  6. A power ranger. Specfically the Red Power Ranger from Power Rangers S.P.D

7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

You got to BELIEVE :)
    Heh, at least some of us are living the dream!

Looking here reminded me that there is more than 1 specialization of engineering. I will elaborate on my previous post by saying that I want to become an Aerospace Engineer when I am older. This is due to my interest in aviation/space, and I like trying to design something that DOESN'T blow up at launch ;=;

icemusher likes this.
  8. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

i wanted to be a pro kag player and earn millions with monetisation

ok no i wanted to be a writer or a biologist and now im studying philosophy so it's going good

blackjoker77777 and icemusher like this.
  9. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Detective, then a bounty hunter (thanks Boba), then a chef. I ended up pursuing none of those (though I still occasionally consider being a homicide detective).

I got interested in psychology in 11th grade, and then ended up going to school for that. Just got my Bachelor's in psych in May, but there's not much you can do related to the field with a 4-year degree. Most jobs related to psych require at least a Master's. gg. :QQ:

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

All I can imagine is a bounty hunter dressed in a panda costume. Surprise is always the best disguise! ;=;

Psychology sounds cool though, I've read a few pieces here and there by Sigmund Freud and other notables

icemusher and PanduhsFTW like this.
  11. PanduhsFTW

Sigmund Freud had some bizarre theories. His ideas about the consciousness (the "iceberg model") seem to be pretty well-founded, but some of his other stuff is pretty out there!
    Wilhelm Wundt is basically the founder of modern psychology. That man is a genius. All of the cool stuff happened in Europe. ::(:

I myself am more interested in research than clinical psychology, so I get pretty aroused when I see a well-made experiment. If you're into psych experiments, check out some of the social experiments like "the Smoke-Filled Room" and the "Asch Line study." Both are really great. And if you're into unethical experiments (and the reason psychologists were so distrusted in the US for a long time), check out the "Tuskegee Syphilis experiment," the "Stanford Prison experiment," and the "Milgram experiment." I assume you already know about Little Albert, so I won't force that one on you.

Sorry for the lengthy post (that may not even interest you guys), but I find them all very exciting!

icemusher likes this.
  12. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

[​IMG]
    @toffie0 ^

What a glorious head you have there. I would very much like to hat it

My dreams as a kid was probably to be a mangaka or something simular where I could draw the craziest scenes. Too bad I don't have an artistic bone in my body haha

toffie0 and PanduhsFTW like this.

13. Asch Line study. We did that in class before.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  14. PanduhsFTW

I love that experiment. Social psychology is amazing. I feel like most social psych experiments are just super elaborate pranks! :X3:

15. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Since im still pretty young I could make my answer perfect >:D

but young compared to the age I am now -but when i was in preschool I was asked this and I said I wanted to be a "kerpottie" teacher.. what I actually meant was karate teacher. I was gonna become a ninja :B):

Since im still pretty young I guess what I want to be now is a drug dealer.... aka pharmacist 25252525

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  16. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Doctor, Lawyer, Drug dealer, KAG player. 2/4 isn't bad.

17. PanduhsFTW

Doctor and KAG player, can confirm.

18. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

a wingman

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  19. I changed it a lot as I grew older.

The oldest I can remember was back when I was 3 or 4 years old. I shit you not I wanted to be an octopus.

Then my brother and I wanted to make PS2 games. We didn't realize that programming was a part of game design and we just drew characters, levels, controls, etc on notebook paper. We also didn't realize games would advance beyond the PS2 era. If anyone's interested I can post some pictures of our drawings.

From late middle school until recently I wanted to be a chef. I'd taken a total of 5 culinary arts classes along with some catering courses which will still do me well if I ever change my mind.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Magmus, Dargona1018, PUNK123 and 3 others like this.
  20. A monster truck.

Mods: BlueLuigi