1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do to keep KAG interesting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dovydas, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It's not interesting. I don't know why I play.

Galen and Kalikst like this.
  2. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

The Dodgeball server is quite fun too. :D
    Floating bubblebombs , Homing bubblebombs , and many many more.

SlyStalker and Guitarman like this.
  3. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

I just play with different people, constantly join new servers with different content. The Dodgeball server's great, bubblebombs are fun.

delankski likes this.
  4. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Hacksing and greefing totes helps.
    #yoloswagkegs.

SlyStalker likes this.
  5. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Is this double or triple reverse? Don't say both.

SlyStalker and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  6. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

inb4 both

7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

KAG 1.0 will bring a lot more modded servers as so much more is possible (as I am working on Sandbox Survival) which should be fun.

delankski likes this.
  8. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I mostly play on KARPS server, sometimes on a modded CTF or modded ZFortress

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

My current list of things I do to swap things up & keep them from getting dull:
    • Polishing my play in all 3 classes (ctf & rtdm)
    • Taking time to roleplay in matches
    • Experimenting with radical tactics (including, my latest, a cata+bomb jump as an assult builder --yes it's possible, you just requires a well placed launch tower, a skillful cata operator & a friendly knight with good timing who's willing die for the cause, and a lot of practice :p)
    • Playing on modded servers (particularly the SUMO server-- bloody hell that's fun; but also the wizard ctf & KARPS)
    • Playing with people you know/enjoy playing with (probably the biggest thing that's kept things fresh, tbh).

10. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

KARPS Is one server where you can just make up your story and start playing with friends. You just cant get bored that easily :)

11. Forums. Friends. Forever. Unity. Usurp seats of power. Understanding!
    That's what you feel when you find you had a bombs after dying. Keeps KAG interesting every single time.

12. 1. Make mods
    2. KAG Gather (awsum)
    3. Develop the kag gather bot

icemusher likes this.
  14. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

15. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I play on Action, which rebalanced health slightly (knights have 4 hearts, builders 3, archers 2, fully charged arrows and slashes do 2 damage), nerfed archers (charged arrows do not recoil knights. Probably the best improvement possible, as archers can still own a knight, but mass archer spam + turtling is no longer the default ending to a game), has a modified autobalance, and has infinite lives, which means that you aren't penalized for having a stupid shit on your team who constantly gets himself killed, and that suicide missions are a great strategy. Buggy outposts were also traded out in favor of teleportation tunnels. There might be some more mods I missed; you'd have to ask someone who runs it what went into the design.

I like that server. It's a much more balanced version of KAG, and the lack of tickets means everyone can play, even at late stages of the game. About the only thing I would change would be the map rotation, but vOv nothing's perfect.

16. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I pretty much just play on Gather. However, if I'm on a regular server I either build a massive building in the back whilst farming coins for end bomb spam (vidar always win tactic), or play on a modded server. RAVE towers on MOLE are fun too. :p

Beef and Kalikst like this.
  17. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Pretty much cause of my clan and I enjoy playing KAG, been playing it for a while.

18. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Not playing it all day erryday.

You'll get numb to anything if you're exposed to it long enough. Try not playing until the weekend.

Beef and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  19. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Clanning definitely keeps things interesting.

20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Archer is my best class, but I don't like to just sit in a tower all day.

When I get bored, I go Archer, and I CHARGE. I go up to the front lines, in easy range of bombs, and start shootin' left and right. Because when you actually pull off a daring move as an Archer, you are a badass.

killatron46, Guitarman and SlyStalker like this.