1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think is better Beta or Alpha

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Granock, Jul 28, 2013.

?

Better?

1. Beta

56.4%
  2. Alpha

43.6%
  1. Granock

Granock Haxor

What is your mine about the Beta or Alpha
    I'm not sure what is better and what is worse....

2. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I have been playing this game for about 2 years now and really have only been used to alpha. I love it deeply but beta is also starting to pull my interest. I find that a lot of the older members, such as myself, play alpha much more than beta, which is one reason why I love alpha. Whenever I go on beta I hardly know anyone on the servers. Alpha however, I know probably close to 15 people in whatever server i'm in. Being interactive with other players and friends while playing this beautiful game is what keeps my heart with alpha at the moment.

3. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

I love beta and I think its great. Alpha is good, but I like fight system in beta more. Yes I do. What I like most in both, are emoticons that just make game more alive, and characters can "speak", I love them, it is THE BEST thing in this game.

MrError, Starsly and dym7774 like this.
  4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

You do realise that in development things are not always a continuous improvement on their previous incarnations? Shit gets fixed that breaks other shit, and that shit happens alot. Pretty sure alot of vets agree that Knight combat for example was perfect a good 150-200 builds ago, the triangle of jab, slash and shield bash was pretty solid accordingly, so it's definitely been in a pretty good state in some point in it's development.

5. b190

6. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I <3 Alpha and I am going to miss it. TO be honest, I like Alpha better. Beta is to much of a change.

DoubleFistFTW likes this.
  7. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Then keep playing it?

8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I love the beta more, most games in classic were pretty cookie-cutter, both teams build an eyesore notch jump tower, stalemate until 1 guy bomb jumps or some pro guy leads a team to victory

Makara likes this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So far, I like Alpha more. Beta has a lot of promise, so this decision is far from set in stone.

Guitarman and Hella like this.
  10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Despite being a huge nostalgiafag I'm liking the current state of beta a lot. Buildings aren't retarded, you have a lot of options for taking them down, and bomb jumping is good. Item bloat still bothers me but that's easily fixed.

sheek and Hella like this.
  11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I've pretty much got a standard view from a fairly old player that Alpha was and is still fairly fantastic even if everyone insists that it is so broken that it is unplayable, which, of course, it clearly isn't, noticeable by that fact that it's playable.

I also really enjoy the beta, though, which also seems to be contrary to a lot of popular opinion. I really enjoy certain aspects of it, although I still find the movement and combat uncomfortable for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Generally, I make an attempt at some kind of novel tactic, often involving the fun deployment of boats.

All in all, I don't know what to think anymore.

12. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Ya I am starting to like beta more and more, but like Hella said, the controls are a little hard to get used to. I will say that the things you can do as an archer now are pretty remarkable.

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

You know for the longest time I couldn't do anything with beta knight combat. For the months and months or whatever it's been in development I couldn't kill anyone and was pulling like .5 KD. But a few days ago, after a long break from KAG I hopped on with my boyfriend Carver and suddenly I was awesome at it, bomb jumping everyone and cutting down everyone. Yesterday I was pulling a 3+ KD past 100 kills. I think the problem for a lot of oldfags is that your hands are stuck in alpha but if you are able to unlearn enough of your old skills you'll probably excel at beta.

14. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I think that's my problem XD. I'm too used to alpha controls. Probably Hellas problem too.

15. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Wow, from time to time I go back to play the alpha and hoooollllyyyy shhhiiiiiiittttt they move so slow. I think I have the opposite problem as you peoples

16. I like more alpha becouse alpha have better combat system than beta.

17. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I'm going to have to say Beta, but it's really hard. I think it's just because there aren't any good gold servers in Alpha anymore. After the MOLE server and KARPS went down, I can't really find as much enjoyment. Action! is still great, but I miss the complexity that allowed for some more diversity in gameplay. In Beta, I get to experience all sorts of new stuff. I love boats, and I love how the archer class has changed, so much so that I actually find it enjoyable to play. That's partly because I sorta suck at knight now, so I gotta make do.

I do have to say though, I'm really, really going to miss rave towers. It's been a very bitter separation, and at some point I'm going to have to accept that I'll probably never build a phallic tower monument filled with the groovy colors of the rainbow to boost the moral of the team. If I have one regret, that'll be it.

18. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

I like beta more, but alpha is still pretty good :)

19. Yeah, that's one of my main problems with the beta - I'm just way to bad at it and it makes me forget the Alpha, which I like better, I just think it is its simplicity that keeps it's charme. KAG Alpha and KAG Beta are two different games to me and the Alpha is just to amazing for me to get into the Beta. :)

Mehno likes this.
  20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

There´s a big difference between what´s better and what you like more.
    IMO Beta is a better game, I like Classic (for now) more though.

InsaneMTL likes this.