1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you want in an ideal CTF mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rayne, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

title, jerloch was supposed to post this like a week ago, but never did, so now i am.

we're planning on creating a CTF mode for Beta and want to know, what does everyone want?

do you want the newer factories? or old style workshops? how about team bridges? funner water?
    what's your thoughts on sky bridges? what about only allowing wooden skybridges?(one fire arrow to ruin them all)
    how about tickets? do you want a way to increase tickets?
    how important should gold be?
    extra classes? what if you could purchase an adv class for one life?(respawning would change you back to builder or smth)
    should siege engines be game enders?

pls to respond with list of tweaks you think should be in, ill delete any off topic posts without warning so please stay on topic.

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Old style workshops, I think the ones in WAR mode only goes well in his gamemode, not CTF. Water that you don't drown if your head is outside, this is just ridiculous how it is right now.

jimmyzoudcba, Starsly and Invaders like this.
  3. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

+ old style workshops
    + a better water system
    + less factories
    + team bridges would be nice

4. Rayne

<rayne^> also, we have team bridges already :D
    <rayne^> they're different tho, you cant shoot arrows downwards through them
    <killatron> yey
    <rayne^> you can shoot upwards through them tho
    <killatron> but can't rotate?
    <killatron> or can
    <rayne^> cant
    <killatron> good
    <killatron> they solid blocks?
    <killatron> like B190
    <LucasTT> classic kag ftw
    <rayne^> you can jump up through them, but cant go down
    <LucasTT> up-only killatron
    <rayne^> -> we can allow sky bridges but tehy're weak
    <rayne^> i'm planning on allowing wood sky bridges, aned making stone skybridges really hard to accomplish
    * Kalikst has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
    * Kalikst_ (~Kalikst@ip-091201120161.katowice.multimetro.pl) has joined
    * Q sets modes [#kag.mole +o Kalikst_]
    <LucasTT> niice
    <rayne^> i really like sky bridges personally
    <rayne^> but i hated that they were so overpowered
    <LucasTT> less factories would be nice rayne
    <rayne^> if i only allow wooden skybridges, fire arrows will destroy them.
    <LucasTT> thats a good way to counter it
    <rayne^> it makes sky maps viable + OH SHIT moments when your teammates build a bad bridge and it goes down
    <WarrFork> even if they was overpowered, it was fun :(
    <rayne^> WarrFork: i agree
    <rayne^> its fun if you have the badass bridge
    <rayne^> not if you dont
    <LucasTT> ^
    <rayne^> it'd befun to light a skybridge on fire
    <rayne^> i think
    <LucasTT> yeah
    <WarrFork> even if you dont have it, its a goal for everyone to put it down with a single bomb and they enjoy it

Starsly likes this.
  5. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Just make it so that buildings mean something in CTF, because in beta war there is only about 1-2 max of buildings, I just hope that finally In KAB CTF more classic buildings will be created during a match, instead of just one main base building.

Also make it possible this climbing system works in BETA:
    :castle_wall:
    :door:
    :door:

6. I agree with Digger- classic climbing would be good

7. Rayne

honestly i'd prefer to have as little team only ways up as possible, it only makes buildings OP and unattackable.

8. I think, that rather than siege engines being a game ender, or nerfing them, they should simply be made more fragile.

Considering that catapults used gears to wind back, and ballista use bowstocks, a knight could (losing his sword) disable an (enemy only) catapult by jamming its gears, and disable a ballista by cutting through its drawstrings. That way, the Knight has some utility and defense against siege engines, if they can get close enough.

9. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Not a bad idea but losing the sword..
    How bout deacreasing the swords damage for an amount of time eg. Disabling a catapult will make your Slash:1 heart Jab:0.5 heart, until you die or a time limit.

10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

1. Make the flag seperate from original spawn,
    2. People can't build withing 10-20 blocks of flag
    3. No throwing flags, but have the flag reset on a timer rather than resetting when other team touches it

Rayne likes this.
  11. Rayne

i was already planning on seperate spawns/ flags, but i was thinking about just making it so you'd have to bring the enemyflag to your flag stand, so you couldn't entomb yours. the no building thing only really limit map design if you think about it.

12. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Bases are supposed to be hard to get into, that's the point of them. Right now in war in kab you need 1 cata shot to completely destroy a wall, compared to the many shots it took for a cata in classic. The ratio of time spent building/ time spent destroying should be more even.

I also agree with warrfork's post. Also seconding the classic climbing system.
    I think CTF mode need to bring back money gained when you hit a ennemy/mine which would allow you to buy bombs/ different kind of ammos. Right now, in kag, buying bombs is kind of a reward for you doing good in combat. I like that and I would like that to stay.

13. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Tutorial on how to get an ideal CTF mode:
    - Take KAG Beta
    - Remove every new features besides fire
    - Put everything from Classic
    - Boom.

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Where's the dislike button?

rocky4321 likes this.
  15. Rayne

so you're telling me you wouldn't like a better drowning system, so that water maps are actually viable?
    you dont want ballistas that can actually shoot worth a shit?

all those years of complaining about lack of features in CTF, and now that we have the chance to implement them, you just want classic ctf? doesn't make sense to me.

i should've said this from the start, but i'm not recreating classic ctf at this moment.

i rather like most of the new features, i just feel they're presented in a less than favourable way.

Starsly, Sapirot, delankski and 2 others like this.
  16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Basicly try to change combat a bit so it´s more like classic, get the workshops get, remove the factories, research stuff and other blablabla (keep fire, fire arrows (at arrow shop) and water bombs (at bomb shop)) and remove the waters infinity + remove drowning

jimmyzoudcba and LucasTT like this.
  17. eamono

eamono Arsonist

can't tell if sarcastic, in case you aren't:
    1. KAB combat is different then KAG combat
    2. You can't just willy-nilly just "add fire arrows and water bombs" without changing up the combat.

18. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

They're items....

Mazey likes this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I´m just saying that it´d be nice to have a bit different combat and shops like KAG alpha but in for examble bomb shop add water bombs in KAG beta? I don´t say what you´re pointing at.

20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

they are item that are used in combat, and if they were added into alpha it would change the combat a bit (not alot though)

trying to find a way to say this without looking like an ass... If you like alpha combat and workshops you should go play alpha, but neither of them would transfer well to beta. With the insane amount of bombs being thrown around once all research is done the old combat just wouldn't work, archers/builders would be too slow to avoid bombs and knight vs knight would just become bomb wars, and immigrants would be pointless if every team only needed 1-2 of each workshop.