1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What ever happened to rope?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheUltraHamster, Jul 19, 2013.

1. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

What happened to the idea of having rope in the beta? Was the idea scrapped? Or are they still working on it? I find the rope and pully systems very interesting and I think they would make this game much more fun :D. I really do hope to see them in future KAG.

Makara and MrError like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I think the devs just didn't see a place for it in the gameplay.

Perhaps the rope could be used as a trap mechanism, attach one end to a trap block (could attach the same rope to several trap blocks), the other to an entity. When an enemy steps on the trap block and thus opens it, the attached entity will do its primary function. (Doors open, mounted bow fires, drill drills, keg explodes and so on.) A fancy mounted bow trap could be done with this system :P

[​IMG]

3. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

I never liked it

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I want to make rube Goldberg machines that will auto chop trees, convert the logs into wood, pack it in a crate, and launch it in the sky with a parachute over a hall

FuzzyBlueBaron and Iamaclay like this.
  5. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I wanna create a ballista that utilities a grappling hook mechanism to shoot and capture enemies and then string their bodies up over our castle gate as a sign of dominance.

6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Can you imagine how many people would be pressing 5 if they saw that

TheUltraHamster likes this.
  7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Merged from there. Okay, why do I always have to say this? Use the freaking search tool or just post in the other thread if you already know it's there. Geez.

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Rope would be good especially in sandbox to tie loads of boats or rafts together you could also make dinghy bridges by tieing dinghy a together across a lake. :D

9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That right there would be ingenious. Love the idea. Imagine a whole base like that xD
    Just.. imagine it. Take your trap blocks for instance. Make a 5 x 5 hole in the ground, put 2 mounted bows inside of that, then put some upward facing bridges over that hole, then over that layer said bridge with trapblocks, and then rope em up cowboy. Got yourself a butt poker. ;3

Guitarman and Monsteri like this.
  10. Starsly

Starsly Bison Rider

I think they should leave classic to actually be updated by somebody, it's a whole different game, so they should atleast show some love to it, and give it a chance, possibly they could add the ropes sails, all the things that we don't have access to and they removed, I honestly think that beta and alpha are two different things and definitely BOTH deserve SOME love. They are both equal, they both deserve updates.

11. do you know what "alpha" and "beta" mean?

Iamaclay and Guitarman like this.
  12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Apparently not. Nor does about 40% of the community.

On topic of rope.. we might be seeing a some kind of rope in the very near future!

13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Rope would be quite good, but it is complex I guess therefor making the game harder to understand for new players.... Trying to think why it's not included...

If there is rope now, sorry, I don't play Beta that much. Love the ideals a kite though..... Maybe a floating base in the air staying up by kites :D

14. Starsly

Starsly Bison Rider

Yeah, I see what you mean :c

15. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

It wouldn't be the smartest thing to be in the game..

Anyway, let's have a BBQ and a love-fest. ;)

Digger101 likes this.