1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fadeddeathkirby, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I want to Alpha Zamby </3

2. Like I'd take the 'truth' from the person I trust the least on these forums.
    All I was saying was that people are obviously going to prefer a certain version over another. You can't stop them from doing so. Combined with the fact a lot of people aren't open to change, they don't want Beta, which they see to be not as good as classic in their own opinion to take over alpha.
    Don't take this as my opinion.
    Also it isn't fact. Classic at peak times gets around 200 people still. Beta has dropped to 90(ish) people on average, and has only recently (the past 24(ish) hours) risen above that of Classic's peak.

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

@Geti can you please post the classic + release chart once again?

4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

Apronymous and Mazey like this.
  5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Beta now has like 200 people regularly because of the Steam sale, but I'm sure I can make half of them rage-quit/leave the game.

6. Koz_Wanderer

Koz_Wanderer Catapult Fodder

It wasn't subjective, I said it was supposed to improve from the beta. N0t being an improvement from the beta. You have regarded the sentence and picked the word "improve" to make some statement.

The steam charts shows people who bought kag from steam, doesn't show people's opinion.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. "peak".
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 26, 2014 ---
    There are at least two scenarios that could make what I said correct.

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"200 peak" in classic is still a bald faced lie.

http://grab.by/y7Cy

Classic and release combined have barely pushed above 200 symultaneously for a while in terms of 30 minute averages - unless 100 people jump on classic and then jump off 10 minutes later, I can't see how it would be possible for classic to have achieved a peak higher than 80 players for months, as release was "peaking" at 150 or so each weekend day. The steam charts don't show people playing release through the standalone client, which seems to be ~30% of release players or more if the steam charts are displayed at least fairly concordantly with ours.

What a healthy, helpful attitude.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Looking into what might be making classic folk say "200" players, I checked out the API for classic:
    - non empty, current servers for build 590
    https://api.kag2d.com/servers/build/590/empty/0/current/1
    Stripping the API output to just the player lists, and from there to just the player lists with non-empty content:
    Code:
    "playerList": [
      "gagilmis",
      "OutDated",
      "atufua",
      "JJp23",
      "knaptihuved",
      "King_Andrew"
    ],
      "xiangyinzi",
      "Trickyguy"
    ],
      "Skye129",
      "Avery123",
      "andre45566"
    ],
      "thedonfro"
    ],

Which in my eyes isn't exactly a bustling population.
    Confirmed the numbers in the server browser of classic.
    I appreciate that it's not peak time, but it's not even as high as I expected from our graphs.

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Ha, funny you say that. I have been telling some of my clan members not to "rek the plebs too hard" cause we wanna keep the players we are getting from this sale. I always try to get my friends to play the game and at least try it. I try to keep my eye out for the new guys and give 'em a few tips here and there. Yeah anyway, we need to have these sales maybe a little more often. 3 times a year maybe? But.. I'm no marketing expert.:thumbs_up: KAG 4 life

Geti likes this.
  11. Geti

We actually had no control over it being on flash sale :^) we just set prices we'd like for it to be on sale and they decided KAG would be a good fit for the promotion. We might run our own sales from time to time to keep interest up though as it has been a nice wave of players, but I'm not sure how long they will stay, especially if driven away by hostile players. We'll see how it goes.

12. Koz_Wanderer

Koz_Wanderer Catapult Fodder

Tell, me them. Too lazy to investigate.

13. For one I didn't turn it into a statement. The word "improve" can nearly always have the word "subjective" attached to it and it would be correct. You just assume I was referring to your own opinion.
    You said "one that can improve". I'm not saying it is, but if Classic was perfect you can't improve upon perfection. So the best Beta could do would be become perfection itself as well. Therefore the two would be the same in likability and in the end it would come down to which game you preferred playing. Which is subjective.

14. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Come on Geti, taking a single snapshot at low peak hours on a weekday is really pushing it.

RiftEnigma and Harlekin like this.
  15. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Brilly r u troll? http://grab.by/y86Q

Also the API link is dynamic, check it over the weekend for more proof (lol proof, this thread got so shitty).

16. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Here it is, only hours later.

Code:
            "jaspex",
            "Bobba"
          ],

"SolarEllipse",
            "ahora-to-pakuri3",
            "HitusCZ",
            "potroboy20",
            "ocrop",
            "Sammy257",
            "Budum",
            "master4523",
            "Aswift",
            "supermanda",
            "geo100"
          ],
            "Gladki-Penis",
            "karol02",
            "SentinelTank",
            "NINfan",
            "Gsulex",
            "max_payne911"
          ],

"epic_cookies123",
            "dian6210310",
            "Pavic",
            "shayexlink2",
            "Grzyboleusz",
            "deivis_LTU"
          ],
            "Proama",
            "epiccorne",
            "Remix",
            "cepiarz"
          ],

"ChocolatePilot",
            "Calindrus",
            "ThailandGamemingGold",
            "Pulse16",
            "buster-boy17"
          ],

"23Thelegend23",
            "XxXyuriXxX"
          ],

Attached Files:

17. Mazey

[​IMG]
    18% of the '200 peak' is online.

18. Gah would you look at that. I mistyped. I meant 100.
    Still, like Brilly said, it's still a weekday. Peak is usually Saturday sometime.

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This Thread is SO close to being locked because all you guys are doing is:
    [​IMG]
    Please Keep it up so I can lock it

20. No wei.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.