1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What if jabs where disabled for the first week of play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kodysch, Feb 10, 2015.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

More of just an fun idea, but the amount of people i see jab spamming is really annoying ( partly because of the effectiveness of it) so what if jabing on knights was disabled for the first few days that you play the game? Show those rote ronin that slashing is the bread and butter while jabs the salt.

swiggityswooty likes this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Kinda a good idea in some ways, but a bad idea in others. Jabbing is a elementary part of knight, but jab spamming isn't. It would be better if jabs were slowed, or some other way to discourage jab spamming.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh, let the jabspammers have their noobtube equivalent. We all know that the best approach is mixing it up a little more than that, but who are we to steal their sense of accomplishment simply so we can feel our e-peens grow bc they can't match us with slashes?

4. Havelock

Havelock Tree Planter

I find your complaint annoying. What if we disabled you?

Seriously though, how is in any way jabbing invalid? The only problem is that you can't handle the way they play and then you made thread about it. Jabs are clearly effective strategy, why nerf it?

PuszystyKot and Hella like this.
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

because smashing a key repeatidly shouldn't be a strategy, and even though idc about jab spamming if I get killed by one I get pretty upset

Oh and oodle this idea is pretty baide considering archers would rekt the new players

AmestriStephen likes this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It really depends on what this game wants combat to be. Should it be based on timing or luck? If two jabbers fight at the same time it's usually the one who hit first, but sometimes luck can intervene. I think timing takes more skill, the only problem with timing is ping issues.

startselect3, hierbo and Noburu like this.
  7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I say it more as a joke, but whenever I encounter a spammer in tdm and communication fails, all they do is jab, if all they could do was slash and double slash they would learn how great it is. I suggest because I care not because I vex.

8. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Damn @kodysch, he saw through our ruse!!! ::D:

swiggityswooty likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

my face the entire time people piss and moan about jabs:

:^)

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

coming from the pissy waterspammer eh seems about right

AmestriStephen likes this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

There are still some things that are stupid about knight combat, but I guess it's fine if they aren't making any more changes

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh yeah, same with water too:

:^)

13. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Maybe everyone should be able to do max 3-4 jabs right after each other. This will jabspamming but still jabs can be used by better players to quickly stun the enemy.

14. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Same face here, really. Being the only sport I ever participate in being Fencing, jabbing seems pretty dang natural to me (I hardly play these days, but when I do I do have a decent mix between the two).

Speaking of Fencing and Jabbing having similar feels, if it was Jab vs Jab only, yes often enough in a fight like that the person to make first contact would win, just like Fencing, however again just like Fencing the way to still win against an enemy who made first contact is endurance and timing, generally backing off and going in again to try and be the one to make first contact this time...which in KAG's case is all within 30 seconds...

Hard to say how Slash only would go, oddly enough I feel Slash Only combat would actually be more bland than Jab Only, though again Jabs are more like my sport so of course I'd be more interested in them. Oddly enough Slashes Only would probably hurt the community more, too, considering it is far more ping heavy combat, because instead of first to make contact winning eventually, it would become first to make contact wins instantly...

15. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

In the great words of @Spuds

hierbo, Rayne and kodysch like this.
  16. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

if this game had quickscoping i'd already be feasting on your bones skrublord
    gatu worst dev ever confirmed

PUNK123 likes this.
  17. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

There is only one complaint I have about jabs. Sometimes they can out range slashes, although this happens rarely it is still extremely annoying when it happens and I feel something should be done about it.

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  18. Geti

Sounds like ping issues. They have a handful of "pixels" less range in all situations.

19. swiggityswooty

swiggityswooty Shopkeep Stealer

geti just likes pissing on innocent nubs

PUNK123 likes this.
  20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

yea u were making that face m8 when we watered you so much like a dying plant that you nerfed water arrows in early beta

[​IMG]