1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is a small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1236]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Block rotation is saved for each individual block, so that when you rotate a ladder, when you switch to platforms, the orientation of the platform hasn't changed since you last placed platforms.

heX_, Corpsey and ShnitzelKiller like this.
  2. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Already implemented this as part of my BB placement script rewrite.

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

That's one I've been wanting for a long time, good job!

4. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

You guys are forgeting all the cool things we could do if Beer was a blob

blackjoker77777, 8x and PUNK123 like this.
  5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

(*pls no hate*)

Quarters have a new item to be bought, that item gives you a temporal extra heart (maybe shown as a golden heart?) which stacks over the normal ones, when that heart gets depleted it cannot be filled again unless you buy another one; the number of "golden hearts" you can buy can be determined later, maybe just 1, so it doesn't get OP or something.

(*pls no hate*)

6. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

its like..a bag for hearts, i think it has already been suggested and it didn't went far, tough its a cool idea for a mod, but not as much for vannila KAG

dayleaf likes this.
  7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

you can already put hearts in your inventory...

8. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

yeah but spamming spacebar while someone is doubleslashing you doesn't works and hearts usually dissapear from your inventory...

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I believe the solution here is to give full-health players who drink a beer a temporary heart (say lasts 30s?). Also make their screen wobble very slightly bc inebriated lol. :potato:

DatNobby, dayleaf and Dargona1018 like this.
  10. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Add a gold shop to buy 1 gold for 10 coins. So it would take 10*60 (600) coins to build a seige workshop, but at least there's no gold drought!

PUNK123 and Corpsey like this.
  11. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Able to share coins. For example: droppable coin sacks.

12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Ever tried to pick up dropped materials (or something else that makes actual sense) and end up picking up a saw from five bocks away through a 1-block hole in a wall? And then find yourself unable to easily put it back due to the quantum tunneling required for it to end up in your hands?
    People have said that there's no pickup priority and it's whatever is closest, but this is clearly bullshit. First of all, there's an obvious pattern to the things you end up picking up if you keep dropping and picking up certain sets of objects lying in the same spot. Namely, they cycle.
    Secondly, however, a lit bomb will ALWAYS have first pickup priority (over kegs, go figure) regardless of distance. Many bomb jumps get ruined as a result.

Can someone confirm? I think pickups should be distance-based, but they almost definitely aren't.

13. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Can confirm, many attempted keg jumps have gone south because of the lit bomb being picked up instead.

14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Obviously, it's based upon distance: It's scaled / multiplied by priority values: 0.1 for a lit bomb, 0.41 for a keg. Also, if you've taken an item and thrown it and there's other items nearby, you won't be able to re-collect it before you've taken all other nearby items, or a specific amount of time has passed ( 80 ticks / ~ 3 seconds ). Yesterday, I finished a system where you can press C + LMB on an item and thereby pick it. I'm currently re-writing the script, so there'll be other fixes / modifications.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    blackjoker77777 and Anonymuse like this.
  15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I've had situations where picking up and dropping a lit bomb didn't let me pick up a keg, instead picking up the bomb again and killing me. That seems to contradict this.

16. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I have to agree with ShnitzelKiller. The sheer number of times I have spent far too long chucking away useless stacks of arrows just to get to that one bomb arrow in the middle of the battlefield, or went to grab a lit keg but instead picked up a corpse, really seems to indicate that the priority needs tweaking. I've also picked up non-lit bombs over lit bombs before (and as a result often end up with an explosion singeing my ass).

As for something else I think could be changed, perhaps a slight change in the way bomb arrows work? I'm okay with keeping it as destroying 3 blocks when hitting a flat surface (because I figure so many would complain if vanilla KAG went all ReBalance mod on the bomb arrow), but I have to say it is far too powerful when you get that sweet spot that destroys 7 blocks because there was already a 2-block-thick gap in the wall, so that 1 arrow destroyed 3 layers of wall. If it only destroyed the back 3 blocks (acting as it does when hitting a flat wall), or the back 3 and the 2 in the middle layer of the wall, as a little bonus for good aim or whatever, it would be a bit better at least, right?

17. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

It's such an uncommon circumstance that it doesn't really need to be fixed, and it requires a good amount of aim on top of that. It's not op at all.

18. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Not even an "IIRC"? "I've had situations .." ~ who cares? I've read the code.
    Don't post such shizzle, test the dizzle.

Pickup.gif

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You pretty clearly pick up the bomb before the keg in that gif.

20. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I guess he said that:
    if you have something and then you throw it, if you want to take it back again fastly, you will have to take all the other objects in the ground before taking what you recently tossed, as you can see, he pick ups the bomb, throws it, and then pick up the keg rapidly.