1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is one small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1180]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The only thing is when you have a mine and you need to blow it up really fast it's extremely frustrating when you pick up wood or stone instead of a body

FuzzyBlueBaron and Apronymous like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

FBB, do you guys have a list of what's being used currently? I'll do this right now.

Edit: Actually:

My list:

*Lit Keg
    *Lit Water Bomb
    *Lit Bomb
    *Unlit Keg
    *Siege/ boat Boxes
    *Burger/ Fish
    *Heart
    *Boulder
    *Saw
    *Drill
    *Dead Body
    *Chicken
    *Gold
    *Stone
    *Wood
    *Bomb
    *Bomb Arrow
    *Water Arrow
    *Arrows
    *Chicken Egg
    *Lamp
    *Tree Sapling
    *Tree Logs

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  3. TheDirtySwine

Rush made a pretty good list on the last page of the thread why don't you use that for starters

Apronymous likes this.
  4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh that. Well, adding an Unlit Keg right under a lit water bomb (How the fuck can you even pick up a lit water bomb really?) and that looks pretty good. Class specific lists would be ideal too but idk if those are even doable.

5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

So I was looking through Base\Entities\Common\Controls\StandardPickup.as
    I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems to be:
    • Anything that's about to exploding/ Anything actively unpacking (vehicles, et cetera)
    • Stone/ Wood / Gold (if builder) or Bombs/ Water Bombs (if knight) or Arrows/ Special Arrows (if archer)
    • Boulders/ Drills/ Kegs/ Mines/ Satchels (why?)/ Crates
    • Everything not on the list
    • Class dependent items that don't apply to you
    • Logs/ Other players (which you can't grab while they're alive, because reasons)
    • Anything that's dead (players, fishy, and so on)
    These work multiplicatively (first two categories *<1, last three *>1) so if something is in two categories both apply (ex; a dead player).
    Also class items have an additive modifier (when they don't apply to you) as well, just because.

I'm not sure what these are multiplying (and I can't be bothered to find out), but 5 minutes of sandbox and some wording in the code has lead me to believe it's the size of the object (and all categories seemed to use size as the tie-breaker within the category).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wow, that's actually a very interesting breakdown. Neat!

7. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Not really, just toss it at the mine. Sometimes more useful and quick.
    Very easily, just grab it in midair if you have the time, just like a normal bomb. Great for unsuspected trolling.

And it seems like people got to making a list before me, thanks for putting in the effort and I mostly agree with the list as it is already.

8. TheDirtySwine

Stone and wood piles will not blow up mines to my knowledge. The only thing that will blow up mines that aren't enemy dead bodies are logs and animals.

9. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

I'm pretty sure you can throw them at the mine to light it you just have to throw it with enough speed.

Anonymuse likes this.
  10. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The only things I've seen that don't set off mines are small stacks of arrows, and bombs. Dunno what else doesn't, but very few things don't.

11. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

I agree with the priorities list, lit kegs should be a priority that goes above all.

I also find that the black spectator text is really unreadable, and must also get an unique color.

Also dont make this game so easy to grief... Portals that can be used by both teams make it easy for a funny guy to place a portal somewhere in the middle of the field for the enemy to walk in to get in your base. Also trapdoors have to be 2 way for your own teammates so that the other team cant use them to hide behind. The worst part is that you can barely destroy your own teams trapdoors. This is important to prevent rookies or griefers to destroy their own team.

But most important of all. Archers need a nerf. Im not saying a big nerf just something that makes them beatable again. here are some suggestions.
    1) No more half assed arrow knockback.
    2) If the archer loads an arrow, he slows down with walking.
    3) No more stun and knockback when you block an arrow with your shield.
    4) make arrows slashable again.

ez

Fernegulus and AcidSeth like this.
  12. TheDirtySwine

I don't think we should worry about griefers as much since we have so many guards and admins (However if King Arthur is in need of more guards I'd be up to the task ;) ).

I don't know how I feel about archers in the current meta, they can be a lot of fun when you get the hang of them but I always felt way more effective as a knight or builder. The only time archers frustrate me is when they are in big groups launching tons of arrows. I don't think they should be nerfed and I think that it is necessary that arrows break shields or archers wouldn't have a chance. Camping archers don't take a lot of skill but offensive archers do and they are impressive when they can 1v1 me and win

Potatobird likes this.
  13. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This - and then when they're in a big group you can just bomb them. If you removed the arrow stun that would pretty much force all archers to camp and ruin my life.

Now can we keep the "buff / nerf" discussion to the Balance subforum so I can stay the fuck out of it? There are threads for that kind of stuff that are more fitting than this one, and this one could very easily be taken over by "archers vs knights" bullshit. I like this thread, I don't want that to happen.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Thank you, Potatobird. Precisely what I was coming to this thread to say. Back on-topic, people! :huh?:

15. TheDirtySwine

As much as I agree with you guys about not going into archers vs knights I think we should still talk about class improvements

16. Raigbox

Raigbox Shipwright

EDIT: ;^)

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

can you tell me what exactly wall climbing does to improve the gameplay? other than making knights unstoppable killing machines?

IMO it only takes away from the gameplay, because a mechanic like this strongly suits offensive classes more than anything else, a knight shouldnt be able to bypass 100 stones worth of building for free. It also lowers the skill ceiling because of how easy it is to get around, back in classic you could really tell who knew their shit just by the way they traversed the map.

Contrary and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

1. Tickets.
    2. Knights and archers should not be able to use drills.
    3. Wall climbing should not exist. A knight should not be able to dryhump a castle wall all the way to the top.
    4. Knights should not be able to glide forever. Three to Five seconds is more then enough, then your glide needs to give out, and you plummet to your death if your overzealous.

If you cannot do that please consider bringing back Archer stunlock on gliders.

I have a problem with builder spam and chopping rates, but that will probably never change.

Good luck with any fine tuning you have left for kag.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  19. Raigbox

Raigbox Shipwright

Oh, I get it.
    I thought you meant that all classes shouldn't, I realised in the modded server 'KAG classic' it was impossible to get around with all of the classes.
    Archers should still be able to, and builders should be able to a little.
    I get what you mean with the knight wall-climbing. It shouldn't be so great.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2014 ---
    Especially dem archers. :anger:
    Sorry about the spammy, short message.

20. TheDirtySwine

I agree with tickets and getting rid of infinite wallclimb. A lot of things in classic were great. Tickets would also prevent stalemates like some of the current maps do. And if they ended up in stalemates we could vote for the next map anyway. Drills work better with builders anyway so I guess I kind of agree. It's not like knights need any more offensive power than they already have. Infinite wall climb being removed would allow for a lot more teamwork such as shields ladders and more offensive builders

cerbr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.