1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is one small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1180]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

OY! KINDLY TAKE YOUR KNIGHT VS ARCHER BWAAAAH ELSEWHERE!

The concept of "on-topic" has been fairly loosely applied thus far, but one place we're not going is down that bloody Archer vs Knight rabbit hole! People have already been told off for bringing it up; please don't make me have to keep repeating myself. :huh?:

Go on. Shoo!:right:

2. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

Are you implying that if wall climbing was removed you would like us to pay for our grappling hooks? ;_;

You're comparing two completely different classes as if they are similar.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

1. fairly good point but the fact that building can be so easily destroyed adds stratagy and teamwork to help fight people from getting near your base and also well planned, and designed structures and if you still think its unfair consider the fact that it will be unfair for the other team making it fair
    2. get over yourself, idc how you feel about my post, i didnt post this about/for you
    3. they are infact features. and your suggestions are really saying the devs should remove what makes beta beta, and everyone who's good would have to get good over again because of the new gaming physics and gameplay.

4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

i dont see that ingame, i see a bunch of knights trying to one man army because they can get anywhere without help from anyone else. so i think those points are fairly invalid. the fact builder is so bad compared to knight is unfair for everyone. if knight needed help from the builder to get up a tower it'd actually encourage much more teamwork than we'd ever see with these current mechanics.
    no need to get mad, i'm just saying you're stating something is a feature and saying it shouldnt be changed because of that. that means anything that isnt a bug shouldnt be changed because it's a feature, bad or not. this is dumb as hell.
    who the fuck cares if people have to get good again? if every change was based on this, then we'd still have logs doing damage on collision because some people were really good at abusing it. beta is beta because it is a recoded and moddable version of KAG, there are a lot more defining factors to beta than just wall climbing.

RampageX likes this.
  5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Both of you have some valid points but please try and prevent yourselves from making this thread a debate between you two

startselect3 likes this.
  6. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

Well I feel archers have more advantage already at this state so now people are suggesting that archers should have even more advantage? It might be a bug, thats for sure. but its a bug thats very welcome in my arms, because knights need any advantage they get right now because of the power of archers.
    Besides archers are still way more mobile than knights so just put a few fences on top and thats it...

7. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

You make a point but, most people want to win and get pissed when they loss. I do enjoy the other KAG version then the beta because it was more enjoyable. Games do have to change and the changes look like it will work in he future.

8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Err, the thing about tickets is... I like dying. Or rather, I like paying no regard to my safety whatsoever (only sometimes pls don't hate me). I know that dying is bad for the team, but at least I'm not literally stealing lives from my teammates. Tickets might also scare off newbies. It seems like it would just make people take kag even more seriously than they already do, and I like how relaxed this game is.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of tickets, but I don't want that to be in standard kag. I want to keep playing recklessly. I would love it as a mod, and I'm pretty sure that's in the works somewhere.

(Disclaimer: I never played classic so I might have no idea what I'm talking about)

I don't know if that's actually a saying but it really should be if it isn't.

9. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+shark

Brindobob likes this.
  10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Sharks... with drills?

kag 2 return of the gold of king arthur

startselect3 likes this.
  11. xRush101

xRush101 Shipwright
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I think a nice way to blance archers would be to allow other classes to use dead bodies as shields against arrows.

My post got buried but this is essentially my idea:

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2014 ---
    I think the infinite wall climb should definitely stay. The majority of people who complain about it are the people who don't know how to do it and get frustrated when they see others who are able to do it.

This person is better than me and able to do something I cannot! Therefor it is overpowered AND MUST BE REMOVEDD!!!1111!!!.

What people don't understand is that once you understand how to do the technique you can clearly see how much it improves the game.

Improve Knight Battles - Being able to using the terrain and resources around you to improve your chances at beating the enemy is something I've always loved about this game. Removing the infinite wall climb removes part of the skill it takes to be a good knight. Knight battles would end up even more like a game of rock paper scissors. Using your surroundings and resources (like the infinite wall climb) allows you to spice it up a bit.

Stalemates - Not being able to wall climb would mean stalemates would occur much more frequently and games would go on much longer. Often times flags are placed high in the air and can be very hard to reach without the help of a builder. Sure that might be exactly what you'd like; making use of the builder but I believe that should not what builders are used for. Builders should be the people that "capture" ground allowing knights to take position and move forward attacking the enemy. Builders should build upon the base making it more more difficult for the enemy to infiltrate and repair the base if attacked. Being able to wall climb speeds up games allowing them to not last for 3 hours otherwise all the builders would constantly be "battle builders" trying to tear down 10 block high walls that all the nooby knights can't get through. Not only that but knights would constantly be getting stuck everywhere which means builders would have to dedicate even more time trying to get knights unstuck.

Would Encourage Tunneling - So what would happen if knights didn't have the current mobility they do now? Every game would turn into a massive tunnel-fest. With knights getting stuck everywhere and having to tear down every 10 block high structure in site, it would be much easier to just tunnel under everybody and steal the flag from below. That's no fun.

Lastly, wall climbing is so easy to prevent. Any 4 block overhang can permanently prevent a knight from wall climbing. Put spikes on a wall and for sure you won't see my trying to climb that wall. Add in some 1 way doors and that'll prevent 75% of knights from climbing it. The list could go on and on... If builders just knew how to build correctly or spent that extra 5 seconds placing a couple more blocks, we wouldn't have this problem.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Anonymuse and kodysch like this.
  12. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'd like to see archers take reduced fall damage and no stun on falling.

JoshTG and Aurora- like this.
  13. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Archers would be to OP, and wouldn't that have to work with builders or knights as well?

14. TheDirtySwine

I think what I miss most about classic was that you'you'd see a lot more structures being built on the frontlines. Now all a builder needs to do is place some one way bridges and that'll stop most enemies from passing. The only really big structures are defending the flag. I used to go around collapsing buildings left and right in classic but now it seems as of there are way fewer buildings to collapse

15. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

Klokinator, Ej and startselect3 like this.
  16. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

1. agreed(ish)
    2.no need to get mad?! that's hypocritical "this is dumb as hell" "this is stupid and you should feel bad for posting it" real nice rayne
    3.a lot of people would care if they had to start over again (@sangfroid ) and on top of the devs taking time to take away what they put there time into but also i dont think anyone would like that to happen anyways
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2014 ---
    also i am certainty not convinced by you rayne, and i don't think you are convinced by me either, i say we just agree to disagree

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

lol you literally change 1 variable and wall climbing is gone, you cant say it'll take their time. maybe do some research before posting hmmm?

101i likes this.
  18. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

:huh?: that didnt even make sense

19. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Nooby knights can't inf wallclimb anyway. Besides 10 block high walls? Bombs? Bomb arrows?

It's stupid that we need to place platforms over every single edge. You want builders to capture land? Remove inf wall climb. It just leaves builders behind in the base with nothing to do. The most an offensive builder does now is tunnel or build teleporters. The amount of mats needed to quickly make a tower is way too high.
    At least bomb jumping costs coins.

Builders are basically useless out in the open, leading to no towers in the middle of the map, creating a no-mans land that only knights or a particularly lucky archer can make it through. This results more minecrafters and therefore more massive main towers that are impossible to break without taking a keg all the way there (yeah, right), braving the land with a triple bomb arrow (FUN) or unpacking a siege engine in front of the enemies spawn (#getrekt). Or tunnelling which is often impossible if bedrock is present.

Removing dirt erosion was a step in the right direction. Many of the maps feel like water maps to me, even if they have no water. There are less buildings than in classic now there is more manoeuvrability, but this level of wallclimbing is too much. I almost never see towers that are not surrounding a flag.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  20. TheDirtySwine

What if they made it so knights can climb up a certain height but then they would stop at a point. This would allow them to still have a nice amount of mobility and they would still be able to climb/bomb jump combo. Archers have grappling hooks that can go to the top of a tower easily and nobody complains about them? Ik they aren't nearly as strong as knights however they can go to a knight shop in the enemy base and change anyway. The point is don't complain about knights just because of their strong offense. That's what they were made for. It makes sense that the knight is the strongest class rn. Could they buff other classes tho? For sure, but it's not necessarily necessary. Some class mechanics are pretty strong rn but none of them are game-breaking.

Whenever someone plays a class long enough you should expect it to be hard to beat them. @sangfroid slaughtering people left and right keg jumping into your base and winning. Does this mean that knights are OP and should be nerfed to hell? Not necessarily. He's just had a lot of practice. Another example is when 1v1ing @Trumbles he occasionally kicks my ass because he has mad archer skills. Should all archers be nerfed because @Trumbles has mastered the mechanics and showed off their strengths? Hell no!

Another idea that I had might be a little OP but I was thinking that it would be cool if you can take a dead enemy body and throw it in the saw to deactivate it. Just an idea tho :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.