1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What made you decide to buy the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, May 13, 2013.

1. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

1.ART
    2.TEAMWORK
    3. TRAPS!

2. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

I bought the game because I thought it would be really fun, and it also adds a whole new game, King Arthurs Gold BETA, plus more content in the classic. Zombie mode and goblin heads FTW!

3. bluehulk4

bluehulk4 Catapult Fodder

I bought it to play on the gold servers a while back but because they did have much traffic HATS and shiny name mostly sold it for me but now I play on gold servers and play zombie mode from time to time (although I suck at it) so yeah :P (First post i'm scared :eek:)

4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Bought it a last year before Christmas because I had a few a few friends playing. Was $5 (maybe a little higher), and it was cheap enough. Hadn't really seen a game pull real-time building, along with fighting successfully. Art style was interesting and unique for me, and so was the variety of matches and different players. Few weeks later I was constantly in Action server with Arcrave and the bunch.

Apronymous and Guitarman like this.
  5. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I bought the game last year April sometime ( I think can't exactly remember,) mostly because of the heads and back then zombie fortress had just come out. Another thing why I bought the game was that there was a server up for a day I think that was hacked but it aloud you to do all the things that you can do in a gold server, including heads. After having a taste I bought the gam and have been playing it non stop since.

Galabranth likes this.
  6. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Well, I bought and played Soldat a decade ago.

I picked up KAG from MM's Facebook update and decided to give it a go. I didn't have the time to experience crafting games like Minecraft and Terraria, so I was thrilled to find this new opportunity from a familiar dev.

As a fan of Soldat, crafting and the indie scene, buying KAG was a natural choice for me.

neil_v, FuzzyBlueBaron and Galabranth like this.
  7. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

Mazey gifted me premium after I played classic for about 7-8 months... I found out about KAG because of a video on youtube by a dude called mmankt ( member of forums ). I had watched it because he made an amazing side-scrolling shooting game called Intruder: Combat Training. :chicken:

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Got the game in january 2012 mainly for two reasons, i wanted to be premium and I felt like I owed something to MM as I had played Soldat for like 6 years for free. Once premium I began to play more seriously, it felt like I had a role in the community. I believe some posts at forums were important for me to take the game too. Tutorials and new and fresh attacking builder threads made it to me.

9. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

Zombies, if i'm totally honest

10. AstraTheSpaceBurger

AstraTheSpaceBurger Bison Rider

As I basically only play Classic KAG, I would say Hats are the best thing about premium.

11. Grendell100

Grendell100 Haxor

It was long time ago, so I don't remember it clearly, but I think I just wanted to have golden name and hat :P

12. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I loved Soldat so much and played it a ton with my friends, so when you told us about your new project, KAG, I was sold right away, Keep up the good work!

Piano likes this.
  13. gorka86

gorka86 Catapult Fodder

the amazing concept, the theme (it's a very medieval game), the gameplay (is very nice) and the gorgeous 2d artwork:heart: and explosions and catles collpasing... ah liked a lot the zombie mode in the classic, please bring it back upgraded :wink:

14. XLuckyZeroX

XLuckyZeroX Catapult Fodder

Two words : DAT TRAILER ...

15. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

It's a medieval deathmatch 2D scroller with building physics and roleplay potential, what more could you want?
    +Chickens
    +Hats (MM pls make moar)
    +Wild hostile animals

I found out by totalbiscuits video on it and was intrigued by everything above (-chickens since they weren't here at the time)

I stopped playing for awhile but the chickens made me come back plus the new archer features.

Change is good.

16. Got classic cuz I saw Yogscast Sjin lay it and i LOVE 2D SIDESCROLLERS, got premium for all the cool stuff advertised+beta

Hella likes this.
  17. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

The introduction of Zombie Fortress pushed me to buy it. Along with that, I had regarded this game to hold potential due to its component-system structure (in english: the game was build out of self-sustained objects, in which the gameplay just happened naturally when these objects interacted. The opposite of this is a scripted story game.) and the promise of a robust modding system.

Along with that, the game is pleasing aesthetically (read: very pretty <3) and the overall feel of gameplay is satisfying (digging, chopping, slashing, building, physics, movement etc.).

Also another thing that affected my decision to purchase the game was a promise of the persistent world thing. Can't remember its name anymore, but I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.

18. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

The game looked amazing. I watched Sjin play it and I fell in love with the game instantly!

19. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I believe my persuasion to get KAG was from TotalBiscuit's "WTF is..?" video on it, back when it was in WAY early alpha. I purchased at aroundabout the time Zombies Singleplayer got released.

Stealthkibbler likes this.
  20. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Yellow nick ::P: