1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What other variables should be modifiable ?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by kiro, Apr 30, 2012.

1. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Hi

Since last version everybody can edit a lot of game variables in the gamemode.cfg files : build speed, dig speed, attack speed, archer damages...

I've had tons of fun modding my server, and playing on it (I basically sped up everyting and gave a lot of HP to players), in fact that's the most fun I ever had in KAG!

But a lot of variables aren't in the config files yet, so, here's a list of all variables I can think of that should be editable :D I'm sure I forgot some, what other variables can you think of?

• builders and knights damages
    • movement speed
    • catapult and outpost health
    • catapult damages
    • how fast the quarters heal
    • bombs variables (damage, speed...)
    • set what block each weapon can destroy - ie knights able/unable to destroy castle walls, or arrows able to destroy walls :D
    • new classes if possible (move all the variables from gameconfig.cfg to archer.cfg, knight.cfg and builder.cfg, and make it possible to create completly different classes)
    • enable/disable bombs throwing for archers and builders :)
    • individual block health (yes, I'm asking for too much), that's be great to have near unbreakable walls that'd have to be destroyed with a catapult!

2. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Single player ones.

• Names of the NPC's (The ability to change Lance to Geti)
    • The amount of NPC's are allowed ing the match (Like it used to be how you could have massive armies fighting each other)
    • The amount of Zombies that come after you (So you can have 200 zombies spawn in the first night).

inactive_account likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Rayne why are you not posting here.

posting to follow the thread.

inactive_account and Ghozt like this.
  4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Names of NPC's are already moddable in NameGen_OldEnglish.
    Amount of zombies coming after you is moddable by changing the starting difficulty in the Manager file.

Also, is this thread only for what we can change in the Gamemode.cfg files or pretty much everything?

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I meant in Deathmatch. As in the Lance archers. I'm pretty sure NameGen_OldEnglish is for Zombie mode.

6. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Couldnt you change names in the dedicated_autostart.cfg file? Like when you load the bots you should be able to set the names to what ever you want.

7. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

[​IMG]

I hope the variables will be moved to individual class config file, but it will be a lot of work. Attack_speed, attack_damage and other variables would be found in knight.cfg/archer.cfg etc., and then we could make new classes files, like an Sniper.cfg, that attacks very slowly but deals tons of damage with each hit, or a Tank, extremely slow but with a lot of HP. Right now we can't do that, every knight must have the same stats, except for health and inventory.

Rayne, modding King, where are you ?

Ghozt, SARGRA13 and inactive_account like this.
  8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Right.
    What I would like to see then would be the following ones usable in the class files.
    s32_sprite_frame_width = 32
    s32_sprite_frame_height = 32
    $sprite_texture = (this would also have to get the rest sprite files, see actor files for what I mean)
    f32 ball changes
    And the following ones for Zombies.
    @$secrets =
    Effects like EvilLightning working on them.
    And few more attack factories/multiple attack factories on 1 mob.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I managed make knights/archers/builders to attack and build faster, but I can't make it as other servers?
    Like on Raynes or Athenas (probably spelt that wrong) you can just spam click and it sends a volley of arrows.
    Whereas on my server, it randomly stops sometimes, thus making it unreliable. Same with knight.

I tried setting chargetime and maxpower lower, but then they won't even attack? :S

Could somebody help me? (I know it's not the right topic, but I didn't feel like making an entire new topic just for this tiny problem. Besides, we are talking about variables, right?)

10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You know you could just press the watch thread on the top left :p

Also I'll get my wife to post here.

I'd also like to see if you could modify block properties.

Also, if clients could download sprite sheets, it'd be nice to be allowed to create a set of sprite sheets of any size that can then be used to make new classes/blocks/shops/items of various sizes. Also, this would require the ability to reference every frame, but that's already seems to be there.

GloriousToast and Ghozt like this.
  11. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

didn't read thread, but here's a thingy for you geti

//EDIT FOR SHAD:
    I'll list the file name, then all variables that should go into it.

BUILDER.cfg
    build_speed = 8
    builder_hitspeed = 14
    KNIGHT.cfg
    knight_drawtime = 1
    knight_maxthrow = 120
    knight_maxpower = 28
    knight_speed = 13
    shield_stomp_velocity = 5.25
    max_bombs = 3
    sword_knockdown = 12
    small_sword_knockdown = 0
    ARCHER.cfg
    build_arrow_speed = 25
    archer_dig_speed = 30
    archer_drawtime = 12
    archer_maxpower = 66;
    archer_nodamage_vel = 1.0
    archer_max_vel = 15.0
    archer_slow_arrow_damage = 0.5
    archer_normal_arrow_damage = 1.0
    archer_charged_arrow_damage = 1.5
    arrow_knockdown = 0
    charged_arrow_knockdown = 12

Exid, SARGRA13, FG and 5 others like this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

toggle this no shield parachute from bomb bullshit
    ladders/trees stopping fall
    More hat options (Toggle the ability to use the extra slots or something man)
    Bomb radius (unless they just get their own thing)
    OP editing-
    Gravity/Weight, movability, slide, etc, etc, how long it takes to cap, etc
    Cata editing -
    Gravity/Weight, distance thrown, lockability, movability, slide, etc, etc.

Player characters as blobs (or most of their own options, in their own .cfg file please)
    Size of blob (Holy shit the larger blobs are indeed annoying D:)
    Toggle editor for guards and other guard privs (HOLY SHIT DOUBLE BOLDED AND UNDERLINED) DEFAULT = OFF

TOGGLE THIRD VIEW, PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE BRING IT BACK AS A TOGGLE, I MEAN GOD HOLY SHIT PLEASE.
    TOGGLE SHIELD BASHING HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD, WHY IS IT SO DISABLED THAT I GO FLYING BACKWARDS WHEN 'I' SHIELDBASH?

Oh, and ability to have more than one 'type' of knight/archer, I'm not sure if that counts as a variable because right now it works somewhat like that but how it is referenced in the config file, but essentially the problem is that right now if I type in 'Knight' to have two types of 'Knight' I get them both as the same, so I can't have some with say 4 Hearts and 0 Armor and others with 2 Hearts and .5 Armor and see which is better, nor can I do the same with archers or builders, or anything.

13. diputs

diputs Shopkeep Stealer

What i would like to see in addition to the stuff mentioned above:

•Setting damageable tiles for different classes and also for different kinds of explosions. There is already @u8_destructible_blocks defined for zombie attacks. It would be nice if it also worked with kegs, classes etc...
    •Have all the default purchases (heal, bomb, arrow, catapult, outpost) either have their own (even if empty) default actor or act as resources. This way it would be more easy to have differently priced bombs.
    •Add in hearts as an actor.
    •Set an option for ability to pick up certain items. Especially make it possible to have some movable shops.
    •Make f32_heal_amount available for all items.
    •Add proper behavior for 1_ball_collides_with_team, 1_ball_collides_with_enemy for all items. Or make the options for items to act as ladders.
    •Make it possible to have some team neutral indestructible shops. At the moment a knights slash destroys the shop even with really high health.
    •Move all possible treasure chest drops to the @$secrets array. So we can for example disable coins and gold drops from them.
    •Have an easy way to modify .kag map files. It would be nice if we could open them in text editor to add a shop from a .cfg file to certain coordinates.

Rayne, Contrary and Ej like this.
  14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Allow the number of rocks thrown by a catapult to be changed (maybe even for bedrock in case some people wish to make special game modes or something).
    If possible, it'd also be nice to change the strength and area of damage for those rocks.

Boxpipe, Contrary, The_Khan and 3 others like this.
  15. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Change the difficulty variable (s32_difficulty) under the ZombieDirector.cfg to act as an actual difficulty setting instead of a spawn limiter for zombies. Basically I want to be able set it so that when
    Code:
    s32_difficulty = x
    is set then zombies that have the difficulty requirement set as
    Code:
     Entities/Actors/Zombie.cfg, x; 
    can begin spawning.

This would act as an actual wave difficulty setting, where the player would need to reach a certain difficulty, instead of having to rely on zombies with a bigger spawn limit to spawn when the higher spawn limit has been reached. Of course zombies would still need a spawn limiter to keep solo players or low player count teams from being swarmed and killed too fast. Thus we would be able to separately control how many zombies can be spawned per difficulty, and what type of zombies could be spawned per difficulty.

Example:
    Code:
    [...]
    s32_difficulty = 1
    s32_difficulty_increase_per_day = 1
    s32_difficulty_on_breach_dungeon = 4
    s32_max_zombies_spawned = 100
    [...]
    @$_entitys = Entities/Actors/Zombie1.cfg, 1, y;
    Entities/Actors/Skeleton1.cfg, 1, y;
    Entities/Actors/Zombie2.cfg, 2, y;
    Entities/Actors/Skeleton2.cfg, 2, y;
    Entities/Actors/ZombieKnight1.cfg, 3, y;
    Entities/Actors/Zombie3.cfg, 3, y;
    Entities/Actors/Skeleton3.cfg, 3, y;
    [...]
    Entities/Actors/Zombie_Boss.cfg, 5, y;
    [...]

Note: Y is the replacement for what s32_difficulty currently fills.

BlueLuigi, sj67 and Rayne like this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

In Zombies:

Attack speeds for everypeoples (I want to make kenshiro migrant)
    Coin rewards (how much on mining, hitting, killing, dying, etc.)
    Migrant difficulty scale (How much would be cool but on/off would be good enough)
    Portal specs (what spawns and how often, health, etc.)

BlueLuigi, Rayne and Boxpipe like this.
  17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

But difficulty doesn't increase by day. It increases by how many survivers you have in your party.

18. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Code:
    s32_difficulty = 1    # starting difficulty
    s32_difficulty_increase_per_day = 10
    s32_difficulty_increase_boss = 50
    s32_difficulty_on_breach_dungeon = 17
    s32_max_zombies_spawned = 100
    # time = 0 - midnight - 255 midnight  (default 39-213)
    u8_zombie_time_start = 32
    u8_zombie_time_end = 213
    @$_entitys = Entities/Actors/Zombie.cfg, 2;
                Entities/Actors/Skeleton.cfg, 1;
                Entities/Actors/Wraith.cfg, 25;
                Entities/Actors/ZombieKnight.cfg, 30;
                Entities/Actors/Greg.cfg, 50;
    Difficulty increment is based on the values you see here. Zombie spawning is based on how much "weight" (as some people like call it) is available. Example: Difficulty is 11, that means 11 skeletons can spawn or 5 zombies can be spawned, but no wraiths, zombieknights or gregs can spawn because there isn't enough weight. As zombies are spawned, the total weight amount depletes until night is over where the weight value is refilled and increased.
    </br>--- merged: May 16, 2012 10:04 PM ---</br>
    Add a spawn rate for zombies to determine how often certain zombies spawn.

Rayne likes this.
  19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Don't know if it's possible, but maybe a command to add a zombie spawnpoint to a map? would be useful in making .kag maps.

ex: addspawnX ( %width of map; %height of map; type )

Where you put in type, could be these? zombie or portal
    zombie would be just a normal zombie spawn, and portal would make a zombie portal appear there.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Would also be good to be able to modify what came trough it.
    And it would be even better if you could have single zombies spawn able like that.
    But wouldn't X- Y- be better instead of %width and %height?