1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What other variables should be modifiable ?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by kiro, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I said percents because that's what the generators already use.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

As for things like spawning, set portal.cfgs to load

3. Khaz

Khaz Catapult Fodder

I believe we should be able to add new sprite sets!
    This goes in with variables because we could create totally NEW sets of them.
    I mean I've been messing with most upgrade variables and just think of how cool it would be to first have your knight, then a heavy knight upgrade option, which then goes with being able to edit its speed, jumpheight, maybe higher health.

Edit: And most inportantly, wether or not I can have a sticky bomb.

4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

maybe ability to make some blocks indestructable, where no amount of explosions will destroy it

5. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

We should be able to put more than 1 portal (and maybe workshop,so we can have default rooms).
    That would make CTF games more interesting by being able to put "default rooms" in the ruins.
    And it would also make it able to put multiple difficulty portals in Zombie Fortress.

6. there should be a variable where you can choose a folder in which logs are stored, preferably in autoconfig.

or maybe there already is a way to change it?

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

^ there isn't now, we'll get this done in the next week or so though. Nice catch.

re: most of what's in this thread: it'll be do-able with scripting and blocks+spawners as entities. I dont have time to address every last thing as of this moment though :/

8. BlueLuigi

Bomb jump variables would be nice since I imagine scripting can't do that :<

9. Gregzenegair

Gregzenegair Shipwright

I would add arrow properties editing.

10. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I think the ability to have bomb and arrow "price upgrades" aswell as the ability to alter the duration of item decay. (until it starts decaying, duration of each "decay" tick AND how much of an item to decay per tich)

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You can already upgrade a shop so that it has lower costs for items.

12. Yihka

Yihka Shopkeep Stealer

I'd say after XX diffculty, stop spawning a certain actor. (zombie mode)

13. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Not for bombs, healing and arrows. At least, not easily.
    (I'm on about having two prices for them, one before an upgrade and one after.)

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yeah, I know. It's been done before.
    Build a shop: arrows cost 20 coins
    Upgrade said shop: arrows cost 10 coins, cheaper now.

You can do it for bombs and healing as well. Healing upgrade was done on Coughdrops server back when he had it up and bomb and arrow upgrades were done in Incarnum's server.

15. King133x

King133x Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have been experimenting with the party mode in different game modes like sword fight and it would help if it was possible to adjust party mode Npc's variables like how much damage separately from the regular bots spawned in also when dead and no one is on your team how do u make it so you dont just take over enemy body? is that possible?

16. again, not sure if those already are modifiable, if yes, PM me.

amount of gold earned after cap (250 is too much, it causes bomb spamming)
    an option to disable RETARDED flag stealing

BlueLuigi likes this.
  17. BlueLuigi

Heh, had this same problem with Multicap CTF. Your best bet is to change gaining money to be appriprioate for it. Also only one person gets the 250 coins, and you 'may' be able to change it, I don't remember, but if you can it's one of the variables in gamemode.cfg like score something or other.

18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

No, you are wrong, it is not possible to modify the costs for arrows/bombs/healing by upgrading the shop, the functions for those features rely on function name, they are hardcoded, you can't simply call a .cfg file for them.

Therefore you can only have one set of costs for those items.

19. BlueLuigi

Liar! Heretic!

• ban time after ping kick (default is 2min, i'd change that to 0)
    • allow growing trees in holes and on mountains in map generators (default is no)
    • default view as spectator (used to be zoomed in, with right click zooming out, now it is swapped)
    and a list of the ones i already mentioned:
    • default log folder
    • number coins after cap
    • flag stealing on/off

BlueLuigi likes this.