1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

what's your favourite game?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by FAITH, Apr 27, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FAITH

FAITH Shark Slayer

i think he was joking bro...

2. wilfred

wilfred Shipwright

I thought that it would be hard to have checkers a favourite game

3. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I like Uno. :D fun game!

Smalcon likes this.
  4. Bleedy

Bleedy Catapult Fodder

It would be hard to decide my absolute favorite, but Shadow of the Colossus is definitely up there.

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Morrowind is my favorite game, it's the best in the series. Much easier to mod people into it because in Oblivion and Skyrim, if you don't have voices for the NPC's than they really look (sound) out of place. The main quest is the best as well. The modding community is actually quite large too. 5 out of the 8 states of Tamriel are being created by awesome modders right this moment. There are graphics mods for Morrowind that actually make the graphics equivalent to Skyrim's graphics and added with the HD texture packs it truly looks amazing.

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

legend of zelda: the wind waker is one of my all time favourites.

sj67 and Zegovia like this.
  7. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Age of empires, all of them.

8. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I haven't played that one but Skyward sword was really fun, and the story line was awesome! :D

9. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Right now, I cant but speak good things about Asuras Wrath... Im so enthralled by the animation, art style, music and story.... only gripe I have with it is the DLC dick move shenanigans capcom pulled on us.
    Have to agree... people go on about how Ocarina of time is a timeless classic (which is also true)... But I think Wind Waker had more charm (and color!) to it.

10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I personally tend to find it like this:

SNES+NES Zelda<Other Handheld Zelda<Ocarina of Time<Majora's Mask<Spirit Tracks<Skyward Sword<Windwaker<Twilight Princess

Windwaker was great as well. I personally really enjoyed the Cel Shading they used (regardless of the fact that some people hated it because it was "Zelda" like although to me it still was) and how different it was compared to the previous ones. It had more openness to it, music was generally great (particularly Dragon Roost, The Great Sea and the Mini Boss battle music) and it was fun and charming.

Twilight Princess was just slightly better to me. The world was still pretty large, especially since it'd take forever to get from one side of the world to the other by foot, and I found the dungeons more difficult than in Windwaker (the Water Temple and City in the Sky were a huge pain) although I felt that the bosses were easier, although they were a ton flashier (knocking down a spider and crushing it with giant fists, jumping onto the back of dragon and stabbing it in the back, jousting, using your BeyBlade to smash in to a skull's head and so on) and you had fancy ways to attack. It also had it's own great set of tracks (Hyrule Field and the Blizzeta music in particular). While I like both Twilight Princess and Windwaker, Twilight Princess just wins by a tiny bit in my opinion.

I felt Skyward Sword was kind of like a combination of WindWaker and Twilight Princess (although that it didn't do what both did as well) and the boss fights felt much more lacking I guess. The most fun boss there to me was the giant golden robot. I did like the sword combat in it however (and I didn't have many problems with it). I still enjoyed it in the end though.

Spirit Tracks was my favorite handheld version of Zelda. It didn't force you to go through the first floors of the same temple every single time (which was really annoying in Phantom Hourglass). I enjoyed the self-referential humor it had and the music while you rode the train was great. Some people had issue with the fact that Link was on the train in the first place, I think worked out. I didn't find as good as these others, but it was fun in it's own right and it was the most enjoyable out of the portable Zelda games in my opinion.

Also, how has Ace Attorney not been listed yet?
    [​IMG]

AJ, lukepop, Rayne and 2 others like this.
  11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Ace attorney! <3

fishfinger73 and Kouji like this.
  12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This thread needs to be better, seriously.

Some of my favorite games that unquestionably good (ergo games that don't fall into "it has to be your thing") and you can't argue against them (you can say they aren't your favorite, but you aren't allowed to say that they aren't good/fun).

I'll only list these Nintendo ones, cause I rarely played PS1/PS2/XBox/Xbox360

Super Mario World [SNES + GBA]
    [​IMG]
    If you never played it, you can't even Mario.
    ... Additional info I guess: Fun levels, Fun platforming, secret areas, flying with a cape and other fun
    [​IMG]

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door [GameCube]
    [​IMG]
    It's Mario and he's paper and it works. It's a turn base RPG, but unlike Final Fantasy, you can actually attempt to dodge/completely prevent damage with action commands (which means skill is involved). Also one of the few games that allows you to join the evil side and has a bosses weakness be a certain sound effect. Also you get Princess Peach naked. Seriously.
    [​IMG]

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow [GBA]
    [​IMG]
    I was never really got a chance to play any of the Castlevania games before I played this one and it's kinda of too bad cause this game spoiled me. I couldn't even get into the older Castlevania games. Taking the souls of demons and using their powers was just too fun of a mechanic I guess. Also the sound track is amazing.
    [​IMG]

Pokemon Puzzle League [Nintendo 64]
    Sure it has Ash in it, but don't let that stop you. It's what the US got instead of Panel de Pon and it's fun. It's better than tetris. It even has a 3d version. I always have fun with other people in this game.
    [​IMG]

Ghoosebumps Attack of the Mutant [PC]

It is the best game ever, you can't even question it.

Noburu and AJ like this.
  13. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

My favourite game/series always will be SimCity. First game played ever on a computer was SimCity 2000. Never forgot that.

FlameHaze3, Rayne and SirSalami like this.
  14. harveyblade

harveyblade Catapult Fodder

LoL League of Legends

15. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

My friend play that. His name is DeathNade

16. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Pokemon..If you have never played it your missing out on life. :D

17. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I saw, I played, I left in the trash.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  18. harveyblade

harveyblade Catapult Fodder

cool
    </br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2012 3:45 AM ---</br>
    oh and my seccond favorite is Dueling Network and system for yu-gi-oh fans

19. Sadly, I have never played any of those games you listed since I'm pretty young. I have played the SMW hacks. They're not the same though. So, I'm gonna go though your list and my opinions of them. Have nothing to do :P

1. Super Mario World

One of the best damn mario games in the world. Words can't even describe this retro gem.

Rating: 20/10

2. Paper Mario 2: TTYD

Simply amazing. Saw chuggaconroy's lets play of it. When I saw it, I instantly wanted. Too bad my Wii doesn't have dem interwebs, otherwise, I'd be playing this right now.

3. Pokemon Puzzle Leauge

That reminds me of that yoshi version of it. The cartridge said "Tetris" on it, but it ended up being an awesome puzzle game with Yoshi in it.

Done.

20. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Ocarina of Time
    King Arthur's Gold
    Donkey Kong 64
    Crash Bandicoot Trilogy (PS1)
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Blaster Master
    Doom 64
    Super Mario World