1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing KAG and how did you find it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Nov 6, 2011.

1. OptimusLime

OptimusLime Shopkeep Stealer

I found out about after a post on the Picture Wars forums (around October), downloaded it, and started playing it on and off. Since I bought it for Christmas, I've never gone a day without playing.

2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

You don't know how much I love you right now

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yep, I was also one of the thousands of newbies who rushed to this game after TotalBiscuit played a bit. Of course, his livestream did not even show a fraction of the great epicness that is King Arthur's Gold.

4. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Back when I was a wee nooblet, we couldn't win by capturing the enemy flag, we had to go dig GOLD. Or it was in bags. Or something...

...anyway it was boring. Also lives were unlimited so everything was cheese. And every knight came with 1 bomb. And builders had 2 hearts.

I guess I may have read about it on Rock Paper Shotgun. Probably. Which means I first started playing occasionally on June 1. Probably. Sounds likely.

EDIT: Here's the oldest kag installer in my downloads folder, kag40.zip

TooManyCats likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I love Derek Yu, learned what little sprinting skills I had from various posts of his

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I can upload the build 40 installer if you'd like to go back and play an old build, or build 124, around about when the eye-candy update happened.

Rayne likes this.
  7. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Woah! when did all of this happen? its like its not my thread anymore at all :3

Well nowadays it feels like KAG is my little cousin that I feel obligated to look after. By my chance of being here from the start I can safely say this a project/community I will look after for a long time (Maybe one day it will become so big I can post on my resume that I was an admin for King Arthur's Gold.). The events leading up to where this game is now have been interesting to say the least. So much drama and yet this community has stayed strong. I can honestly say I did not expect to become an administrative authority when I first found the game on Kotaku. Nonetheless I would like to thank the King Arthur's Gold community for giving me plenty of real life administrative experience in this forum. I have and always will be very grateful for this opportunity to administrate a growing community.

Rayne and BlueLuigi like this.
  8. BlueLuigi

Oh god yes please

Beef likes this.
  9. Eggnogg

Will do as soon as I can use the internet on a machine that doesn't have all file hosting sites blocked :/

10. BlueLuigi

No rush :)

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I've got an old build hidden somewhere too.

12. ChJees

ChJees Shipwright

Found KAG at a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic forum. Wondered what the fuss was about this game so i tested it and then after a little while bought it :P. (Mostly plays Age of Chivalry now until more features is added to KAG.)

13. Parity

Parity Shipwright

Someone namedropped this game in an argument on the Cortex Command (Data Realms) forum. All I remember is that someone yelled "Well you should make a game before you judge a game." And then it got pointed out "Hey, he already made KAG"

Now if that's true or not I couldn't care less, this game caught my attention and I've played it since.

14. Eggnogg

Ok, here are two different builds which anyone can download and enjoy.

Build 40
    Build 124

Be sure to delete autoupdate.cfg in the app folder before launching.

Contrary, Beef and Bracket like this.
  15. assimilate

assimilate Shipwright

I couldn't have said it better myself.

16. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

My friend showed me KAG pretty much when it was released to the public. I played quite a bit but never registered on the forums. When Premium was announced I just had to buy it.

17. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

About two months ago i was yutubeing king arthurs world for the SNES and came across kag videos. Was free so i thought i'd give it a try and here we are today...addicted : /pixelated crack.

Neat likes this.
  18. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

//Edit from Kouji: merged this thread with the old one

I'm not sure if this thread was made yet (so here I am posting this) and I'm curious about how other people found out about KAG. Here's my story:

When KAG was older (around build 203 or something near that ) I was watching one of the shows that always guided me in everything gaming called; Good Game Spawn Point. There, the hosts (Hex and Bajo), were answering a question on their 'Ask Good Game' part of their show. The question stated (but not exactly): "What are some games would you recommend if I like games like Terraria and Minecraft?" and Hex and Bajo mentioned KAG. At the point they mentioned it , and after they showed a quick video of it, I thought "This game doesn't look that bad". So I tried KAG out and thought "This game is EPIC! Too bad there are only American servers cause all this lag is ruining it :( ". And the wierd thing is, I stopped playing KAG (which I don't know why I did)! Until that fatefull day... Where I found out Australian servers were made (which was a few weeks later)! I went crazy and played KAG for hours in all those days! I introduced KAG to a few people you may know: Kebabs44(my brother, who introduced KAG to Beasterdenbeast), chickennugget22(another friend of mine who introduced KAG to theoiscool), Hammdog(my best friend :)) and that's all.

So my question is, "How did you find out about KAG?" I'd like to know :).

19. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

KING ARTHUR'S GOLD !

[​IMG]

allknowingfrog likes this.
  20. Evan5567

Evan5567 Shark Slayer
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I was looking for games like Terraria and Minecraft then came across this website that showed all these different games similar to those, and KAG was on that list...