1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

where are the good servers? (rant + drone)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GloriousToast, Jan 20, 2012.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Whenever I join a game I usually end up on the team that is being dominated by the other team. It drives me crazy. Most of these times the battle ends up one team has 2-3 more players then mine. even more of the time we are stuck in a base forever then eventually we lose. It's so frustrating. Does this ever happen to you people?

2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Come join us in and have some fun at the Official MOLE Server. We almost always have admins on and much, much fun!

Beef and Vivicus like this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The problem isn't the server but the people, lots of newbs and general fags swap teams when they are losing or quit to such a point that you end up with more than 3 players less than the other team and it takes a while to repair.

Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  4. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

The people who team switch are generally the worst players on the team anyway, so good riddance.

5. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

It's all about the servers you play on. The good servers are usually full for a reason- properly tended to and people don't fuck around.

That said, some people are just cunts.

6. I find the more popular servers are the worst just because new players seem to flock to servers that already have a bunch of people. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand noob builders lmao

AJ likes this.
  7. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

Lately I've found that playing any server, other than /v/, is an unbearable hell.

Beef, Shadlington and Vivicus like this.
  8. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

You want to know what happened to all the good servers?
    Dwatring took down his servers.

9. ToxicAdam

ToxicAdam Shipwright

I've been having trouble finding a good once since Incarnum (sp?) went away. Most of the current popular ones tend to be unlimited spawn with poor map selection, which leads to very unbalanced or never-ending games.

10. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

This. Even the Action! servers are horrible when the action guys aren't out in force to freeze and swear at people who deserve it, and sadly the Mole server is too quiet at the moment.

On the /v/ server, new/bad/asshole players learn fast due to the sheer volume of abuse they get, and there's usually a few other Guards and/or local admins to help in case of griefing.

In sharp contrast to /v/ itself, the /v/ server is good. Viva la /v/

11. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Time to show some casuals how to play!

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think it's time for some premium or semi-passworded servers. (like /v/)
    Some people are just too good for the average player. Makes it boring for the noobs and the pro's. Maybe add a non-premium only server as well later on.

When you want a close match, it's better to join a server with limited respawns. You are less likely to be owned there. I've been playing on some servers with unlimited respawns a lot lately and since only 10% of the people seem to use bombjumping it's really easy to get a team way better than the other team. You should be able to compensate that with some nice cloud-fighting in other servers.

Strathos and Rayne like this.
  13. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Everybody talk about the "/v/" servers but they all have passwords what exactly are they and do only good players get given the password?

14. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can easily find the password.
    Adding a password is just a way to keep extreme noobs/retards out. There are still some left, but way less.

Noburu and Vivicus like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yea /v/ servers are where it's at for sure, basically the problems I've noticed are:

Most servers have too few admins - It's a chore to play there, newb retards who grief, build retarded shit and do all of that are in full force and hard/annoying to stop [incarnum's had this problem :( ]

Some servers have admins all on at the same time - Need some diversity, I understand people are busy, hell during weekdays I get like 1-2hours in now sometimes, but this leads to a lot of times where the first problem is in play.

Too many newbs to police - Oh sure you can get 45 people on a 50 person server, but if 30 are newbs who oughta be kicked for bullshit, what are you gonna do?

Not enough good players - Players sometimes go on the team with their friends as they know tactics to share and such and enjoy playin together, if they are both good and the rest are all newbies the teams are stacked to fuck, people drain out and leave.

I really wish someone who had the time and patience would start a whitelist server that is acceptable to a LOT of people, but no retards/newbs, or in other words a server that gets rid of that bottom level of players, those who would grief, etc. It could have it's own report abusive players like thread where if people do stuff that's so bad (door hallways, ground doors, griefing, hacking, etc) they could be queued to remove from the whitelist.

This of course is just a thought, someone would need to have the time to do it, I thought I would with the idea of the Pros Only server, but because of various things during the builds and Unlimited 1, I had changed it to a second Unlimited server, and it's constantly full, like always when I'm on, so I've just left it up, I could give this a stab but I don't have the time to filter out such a long whitelist.

/v/ does it in a simple way and I think most good clans have at least one /v/irgin in them to share the password so we can all rage at the crazy builders and /v/'s predilection to break down premade structures.

That said, there have been lots of good servers and I'd say the current top servers in terms of fun for me are Unlimited (when I'm on admin so I don't have to deal with teh typical riffraff, if I wasn't I'd probably rage and some I've seen on there... holy shit), Jaedong's (even when I wasn't an admin here) because it has a large amount of players and the admins keep people in check, /v/ because it's passworded and they keep normalfags out, and PURO's, cause he tries new stuff often, new maps, etc.

xxpabloxx and Noburu like this.
  16. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Instead of a white-list, just have an extended black-list.

Vivicus likes this.
  17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this is why we need a team scrambler.... possible forced or voted up.. random fact if im doing good in a game then the other team must be sucking...

Noburu and Vivicus like this.
  18. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

PM me. We'll talk.

19. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

While I'm suffering the same problem as OP, I find the lag to be worse.

Seriously, if you have over 100 ping in a server you're way too laggy.

20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sadly I have been pushing for this for a while and it has yet to come. I either the option for an admin to force it or for it to auto scramble at the end of every map.

EDIT: I would be willing to up my player count on the unlimited server and run a white list, except I dont have the time to maintain it either.