1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Where to shoot on shielded knights

Discussion in 'Archer' started by HasseKebab, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Did this help you as an archer?

1. Yesch!

58.3%
  2. Nope!

41.7%
  1. HasseKebab

HasseKebab Haxor

Well, um, yeah.
    People seem to have hard time shooting on knights that have shields facing their direction so i made this pic to help you people.

The Red marked area shows where the knight can block arrows
    and the Blue marked area shows where the knight is vulnerable to arrows.

Pic 1 shows a knight facing the most protective stance.
    Pic 2 shows the knight when hes facing downwards.
    Pic 3 shows the knight shielding upwards.
    At the picture 4 i have marked a black line that shows the angle where you as a archer can hit the knight if you shoot good enough.

VID
    [​IMG]

*UPPDATE
    Made a vid where to shoot on the knight in pic 3 and 2, i will make a vid about the number one later.

2. I like the pictures! Very good work!

Picture 3 should be 3mm blue line down, because the shield is damn annoy :/

3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I think the red part is a little too large on the shielding right-down part, but otherwise it seems ok.
    What's that thing on the ground behind the knight?

I3lue likes this.
  4. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Looks like underground backwall.

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No, it's actually a sign, but smooth shader is turned on.

Also, I can tell you from experience, that the red area on the shielding down, should be longer and further to the left (based on your image pic 2). You test that out with trap bridges. Also, as Karpovich said, in image 3, you do block a tad more bit lower than you show. Basically you have to at least aim for the shoulders (but I think it's actually a tad lower than that).

6. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

Aim for the shield, it's your best bet.

One and Jim_Dale like this.
  7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Not to be a downer, but this is just common sense, all you did was highlight where the shield was...

inactive_account, Conquerer and Gofio like this.
  8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Now that you've pointed it out it just seems so goddamned obvious.
    Except it isn't rendered useless right now, since this isn't "KAG 1.0", and your comment seems a little bitchy, for lack of a better word. It's still valuable for players that don't know the rough boundaries of a knight's shield, though I certainly do wish that the OP would draw more attention to spots that look blockable but actually aren't.

9. Oh shit, I forgot you are a tester*. Can you tell me when we got rid of shields/archers? Because last time I was playing scripting, knights had shields and archers were still there.

*He isn't and I doubt he will ever be, quote me on this.

DubstepMonkey likes this.
  10. HasseKebab

HasseKebab Haxor

Uppdated OP with a vid.

11. :) good job i like this :D, it would be good for new people starting to try become an archer :D