1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why banning is fuktarded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnnyTree, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnyTree

johnnyTree Catapult Fodder

Ok, so I used an incisive title to get your attention.

POINT IS, greifing is a major prob on KAG, so that banning players has become a norm, whereas for most online games banning doesn't exist. Why is KAG different and how do we allow users to enjoy the game for which they paid while keeping an ordered game?

ADMINS: Please recognize that an unruly game is the result of the KAG inbuilt game rules and not bad players. The same players in KAG also play many other online games, yet they are not banned from those, why?

THE ENTIRE CONCEPT of griefing and banning needs to be changed to remove the stress from the admins. Also, admins need to recognize the nature of this game, stop eternal bans, and opt for simply kicking the offending player. While "forever" bans are a prerogative of the admin, they should never be used for a simple one time greifing offense.

Some of the following suggestion require changes in the KAG game itself, while other suggestions concern admin attitudes about reffing KAG games.

1) TEAM SWITCHING AND GRIEFING: Admins should not have to figure out which players have team switched and are now greifing. Once a user is on a team, then KAG should not allow that user to switch teams until the game ends or the user is auto-balanced.

2)INTER-TEAM REBUILDING: Admins shouldn't have to judge which users are the best builders. Large format destroying of a teammate's build is griefing, despite which user has the "best" idea on how to do things. (this excludes removing a few blocks of other players)

3) GREIFING IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD: The inbuilt KAG rules force admins to make judgment calls on greifing. While kicking the offending player solves the problem, "forever bans" are simply beyond the scope of an admin to deprive a user of playing a game for which he paid real world money.

4) FOREVER BANS? It's just a game guys, and admins shouldn't have to decide whether a player should be banned on only his server, or be banned on every server. While admins have the right to control their own server, to mark a player in a way that stops him from playing on most servers is, frankly, way too serious, and makes things much more personal than needed. KAG needs to remove that admin option ASAP. I think most admins would be relieved by that change.

[There's a few more things I'll post later, but a man has to work]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Okay so, there have been multiple threads like this already (on steam's community hub as well I think), but I'll reply to your since you seem to have some slight misunderstandings here and there.

First off, I'll be using the term "permaban/s" whilst there are no real bans in the game anymore (which could be enforced by the devs). There is a account flag system in charge of flagging/tagging/marking someone's account if he did something bad (e.g. hacking, griefing, abusing, etc.).

To 1): Switching teams and griefing on said team to provide an advantage for the other team has happened so often that people just pay attention to people who seem suspicious. A good admin is most likely never going to stalk someone who just swapped to balance out teams.

To 2): Again, a good admin is not going to jump to conclusions and should probably ask people what's up before he/she does anything against people who seem to be suspicious/malicious towards their own team.

To 3): Players paid for the game, not for the servers which are run by private people (except the official ones, ofc). Hosts are free to let their admins do whatever the heck they want on said servers. Besides, griefers won't get permanently banned the first time they got reported.

To 4): What admins are you talking about? Server admins can only ban people on servers they've got the power/permission to do so, and guards are technically no admins. And as I said above already, server admins are free to do whatever they feel like / what the server's host allows them do to. From what you've said I assume you're talking about guards (https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/the-royal-guard-frequently-asked-questions-public-policy.1714/). I can't tell you all too much about what the other guards do, but I only "stalk" "serious" people like hackers all over the place. They broke the ToS they agreed on upon the moment they started playing with a hack running in the background and that's why we're trying to, well I guess you could say "take them down".

I really don't know what the "good" servers these days are, but I guess you should just go around and check some different places out, I heard there are servers which actually have good admins these days ('dem badmins).

Last but not least, I'd like to suggest you to use something called the "search function". Really. It exists.

Some people say it's capable of creating miracles!

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

what is greifing

4. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

you would know grefin haxxoor

Duplolas likes this.
  5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Nothing can be done to KAG to keep greifers from doing what they do, simple as that.

You can't create a new vote kick system because there is literally no way to do it without it being abused or players not being punished for what they have done.

You can try to implement a system where if a person breaks X amount of team-made blocks it somewhere along the lines of bans them for griefing, but that doesn't work well as it was tried in Classic. It was tried many different ways. Many many many different ways. None worked well.

You could recruit more admins, but that is up to the server owners for the most part.

And the whole reason why

is a thing, is because most of the other games are nothing like KAG.

And even games that are somewhat similar to KAG like Minecraft or Terraria can't even be compared to the greifing issue with KAG. All of their servers are privately run. There are no official servers.

So essentially, nothing can be done besides more admins being recruited. Only official server admins are under our control. The rest is up to server owners.

epenow likes this.
  6. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

YFW There isn't any Game Bans...

YFW Most bans come from Server Admins. Guess what, those Servers are their property, Not even KAG's property, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. (To an extent). Server Host could ban you because he doesn't like your head, because He owns the server.

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, this thread isn't going anywhere constructive... >_>

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.