1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why do you like KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BindNation, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

I'll try to number the reasons here... lemme see...
    1. It runs perfectly on my notebook, so I don't have to be reducing details or removing sound and etc;
    2. It starts fast, in less than a half minute you can be slashing in multiplayer;
    3. It is simple for beginners, even people who never played anything similar before will get how to play it;
    4. It is realistic, it doesn't have magic items, spells, miraculous potions;
    5. It has great physics;
    6. The graphics and sounds are simple but yet detailed enough to bring you to the atmosphere;
    7. It has a free version where the less fortunate people can join the fun without restricting the most fun part of the game;
    8. It is fun;
    9. It bolds the teamwork, but yet...;
    10. You depend mostly on your skill to succeed, not on a magical armor;
    11. It is very well balanced, with each class having its essential role to the match;
    12. You can easily create maps (even if they are not good);
    13. You can tweak many aspects of the game modes, classes, teams, auto generated maps...;
    14. It gives you freedom to act in any way in a battle, instead of you having to exploit well know tactics;
    15. It is very similar to Terraria, which I played much in times before;
    16. ???
    What I don't like is that I can barely sleep at night ='(

2. DivineEvil

DivineEvil Tree Planter

I love Kag because it's great dynamics, perfect balance between creative and destructive actions available, noticeable logic that is involved in smart development without tons of flaws and paybacks that other high-end games are caming with, and it's also completely lacks any performance fatigue, which means it doesnt divide people by their skill or time played.

I've bought it because it's a good setup, paying off itself immediately with a bright perspective.

What I don't like that it still lacks some in-process music.

3. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

I adore KAG because it actually gets you too work as a team and not leave it their as an option.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 12, 2012 4:27 PM ---</br>
    It is all about the community ;) You say so yourself.

4. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

kag works ON NOTEBOOKS!!!
    I wanted to get a laptop to play kag but now Ill settle for a notebook.

5. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Mount And Blade.

Anyway, i love KAG because of the physics.

Also, music.

Also, the :) face.

BindNation and ParaLogia like this.
  6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

well ill list it out a bit ill suppose
    kag is amazing because of :
    the gameplay
    the people,
    the emotes,
    music is nice,
    it's only alpha and this great already
    the emotes
    bombs and bomb jumping
    parkour maps
    easy noobs to kill
    its like minecraft but better
    STUFFF

7. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

8. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I've played Mount and Blade before. It's fun, but not the same kind of fun that KAG provides. :B):

9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Setup mode amazes me. How the team becomes a sort of hivemind, and no one could say a single word, yet in a few minutes, a castle is constructed with proper entryways/roofing/access routes. It simply amazes me.

10. Azeal

Azeal Catapult Fodder

I love this game for that moment when the setup ends, you have a great castle, and your team rushes the enemy to get the flag in <10 minutes.
    Also, the skill curve is very rewarding. Not too hard to start out, but once learn some tricks and tips the difference in playstyle is noticeable.

11. XyellowX

XyellowX Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I really have no idea how I got to playing KAG so much.... It's just SO ADDICTIVE. I like that awesome feeling you get when you own a 1v0 ;). When you get hammered to death by a builder. When you get shot in water. When the opposite team traps you. When you get owned by a Z-knight. When your on a ladder tower and some lovely knight destroys the bottom ladder. When you think your on the opposite team... Pretty much the reasons I love KAG.

Bunnyboy likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't think the devs based it on that though I could be wrong, pretty sure that was added after the change.

13. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Because every time I go into a server and say mean things about peoples' towers they just kind of accept it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a guard or because I'm me but they just do it.

14. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I'm impressed by how many responses this thread has gotten! It's really interesting reading everybody's responses. :)

15. Djhacker

Djhacker Bison Rider

I like it because there is no other games alike based in the time period it's in.