1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why I hate hackers. T_T

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wonkyth, May 15, 2012.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I hate hackers.
    I can honestly say I'd like to give all hackers everywhere a bloodeagle.
    "But why, Wonkyth?" You ask.
    "Why do you hate them so much? Yes, they ruin everyone's fun when they're whizzing around and such, but you're a guard! Cant you just freeze 'em and kick 'em?"
    I'm glad you asked.
    However, as a guard, I'm only a small part of how KAG deals with hackers. The majority of hacks are prevented by forcing the client to drop whatever prediction it was doing (to minimise the effects of lag, make things run more smoothly, etc) and get the server to do it all instead, counteracting any chance at foul-play.
    Those of you who haven't been ODing on retard juice will have noticed what this means. This means that the very EXISTENCE of hackers, both everywhere and anywhere, makes my game play like it's raping a bag of quartz gravel.

So yeah, if you do hacks, better touch up on your running skills, because I hear predator missiles can go pretty damn fast. :skull: :argh:

2. SinZero

SinZero Haxor

Dang Wonk! Never knew you were a predator missile with hacker targeting systems.

3. Wonkyth

I'm not, but I'll tell you one thing: All them rolling hills of the Monaro sure ain't for grazing sheep, and those sure ain't boulders capping each one.

4. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Holy shit! I didn't know people were hacking this game! I haven't seen any, but how would I recongize one?

5. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

Predator Missile? Is that a bomb jumping knight with a keg strapped to his back?

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Run into a hacker today? Haven't seen one in months, it's a good feeling.

Beef likes this.
  7. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

Don't we all hate hackers? Wonkyth you should run a Non-hacker's campaign.:)
    The campaign could be in the group section, I would gladly run it with you. (If you don't hate me :()
    PM me for more information.:)

8. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

I agree BlueLuigi, that's good luck. I saw a few videos from those reports on the report hackers thread of people speed hacking.

9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

If you see a player who is going a lot faster then normal, he will seem to skip around, like a rabbit on speed.

10. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Now we just need a banner for the Anti-Hack campaign. It shall strike fear into the hearts of all hackers, causing instant heart attacks and paralysis.

11. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I never met a hacker for months.. but if it is a problem, it is a problem

12. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

same, hackers seem to be die out when I play :L
    Never seem to find any hackers, ruins the fun of being admin on our server :P (the power)

13. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I always see hackers.. they seem to stalk me :/ this is very annoying. Btw i heard that the only way to earn the Secret trophy is to hack?

14. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I find more griefers but sometimes hackers they use lot of speed >_< or SPEEDHACKING.
    wth to them -_-
    The secret trophy is precious >_<

15. CoD

CoD Haxor

Oh no, griefing speedhackers :'(

bruthsaw and Ghozt like this.
  16. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

The irony is that 50% of speedhack reports i have to take on IRC chat (trough !guard) command are on the POWER server

Ruleral likes this.
  17. Skilledshot

Skilledshot Shipwright

I hate speed hackers and i just laugh at the ones that fail

18. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Iv'e only ever met 1 hacker and he was quite a freindly person so i didn't ban him instantly.
    he told me apparently you can download an ALT .exe that can modify your speed. @guards, mods and Dev teams. i suggest you find this downloadable and stop it before it gets to big.
    also speed hackers arn't that special if you use your KAG knowledge you can beat them easy.
    For instance speed hackers don't care about KAG techniques and tactics so there quite easy to beat. just remember to keep the uphill advantage.

19. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

he was trolling you creille

alt.exe is a process which monitors your computer in the background. This is a legitimate process, however is known to be used by some terrible viruses. If this process is unaccounted for, removal is recommended.

20. Wonkyth

I find it interesting that every single one of you has missed the point.
    It's not the individual hackers, it's hackers as a whole. Know why you don't see so many hackers around? Because measures are regularly taken to make it harder and harder for them to hack. I now leave it up to you to re-read the OP and see why it is that I hate hackers, actually.

Beef and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.