1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why KAG has stopped being fun and how to bring it back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozminer, Dec 21, 2017.

1. STORM1

STORM1 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Agree, I think most of the players have left because of the updates, back in the days we used to get around 200-500 players

Osmal likes this.
  2. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

What if I find farming 25 coins and stone and drilling to the flagwall fun? I find winning fun. You can counter stuff like that pretty easily. If people don't counter it, it's their fault
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 25, 2017 ---
    nope. People left because of one update. In alpha days, noone cared about small updates: it was alpha and it was constantly being developed. Even at that, they didn't expect Beta/release to be so different that it's almost a different game. It's entirely different, classic being slow-paced and beta/release more fast-paced. This is one update that made people leave. Now I can't really see many people leaving because of updates nowadays; they rather leave because of the lack of updates

Concave, ShamWow-SuperRag and Biurza like this.
  3. STORM1

STORM1 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hella likes this.
  4. topoi

topoi Catapult Fodder

Why those players prefer slow paced game? What makes old version game funner? (newbies here

5. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

I have 914 hours in-game and owned since the 16th jan, 2014. And i have literally no idea how i am hooked to the game, i just know it that i'm. I think i am not good enough yet perhaps. There's a feeling that there's something new to find out or do, maybe meeting new people or so. But i agree to some point that you should enjoy playing the game rather than trying to get the best scores, every single time you play the game. There can be some occasions however.

6. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

But this is human nature and every competitive game is like this to some degree. It's more fun to win than to lose. So people will always come up with new strategies to try and win. Calling people who do this tryhards just means you can't be bothered to learn how to be good yourself.

If you see a strat that you think is annoying or cheesy (but effective) then don't be salty about it. Use it yourself and improve upon it.

7. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

I like to win, i like to win a game of capture the flag. not 2d drill simulator 2018, tunnelling is a fair strat because it takes time and effort and it can backfire. Flag tunneling has no skill except run up to the enemy flag with a couple of drills and pray it works. I dont want to use this strat because it makes me feel like a dirty rat whose too shit at the game to be able to win the game without a drill.

8. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

apart from Fg using this strat for like 3 games in a row, i think mainly to troll you Oz, i have not seen anyone use the drill rush on the official AUS ctf, now i do play alot but i don't play all the time so i may have missed some. it is genuinely annoying and one of the harder starts to repel if the drilling builder is competent it can be very hard indeed, but it is part of the game mechanics, i also think that when thd implemented the drill they had the foresight to see how people were going to use it and were all right with it, if not it would have been nerfed right?

9. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

The problem I see with the drill rushing/burrowing just under their tower is that you need to react to it before it gets worse. Having to counter stats like this is simply annoying, and ruins the fun for the person having to respond to it. I hate having to get a drill and fuck about in the dirt with 1 or 2 other teammates every 3 minutes because RadioActive is gonna rape us if we don't.

Magmus likes this.
  10. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

many options to win a game.
    OP strats : rats with burgers/drill, Ballista spam, kegjumping knights, archers that spam bombarrows at your flag, Catapult spam with kegs and knights to your base, and the less know keg-archer with a platform to launch from.
    You can complain to all these strategy's i gues.

Magmus likes this.
  11. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well, you don't have to. One strategy is to ignore them and try to steal their flag before they get yours. It might not work, but at least you don't have to fuck around in the dirt for half the game. Nobody's forcing you to play defensively.

12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mmmm, after these years somebody actually agrees with me? Cheesy tactics and powerups are bad for balance, even if they're fun.

AmestriStephen likes this.
  13. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Well i like those tactics so you can finish games instead of a big stalemate every match

bunnie, Didgedy, Magmus and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

bomb arrow flag is not aids, pretty much every strat other than flag drill is sweet,i just hate how some little fucker can encase himself into the flag and 10 knights cant do shit

Didgedy, Magmus and Gregorian like this.
  15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

but 8 knights and 2 builders can counter him pretty ez. people need to realise knight isn't the only class which can do major stuff.

mcrifel likes this.