1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why should you become a mentor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verzuvius, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Post your application here!

In-game name:

Experience:

Will be able to use Skype/mumble/etc. for voice chat:

Fuzzle likes this.
  2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I an already in but for good measure

In-Game Name: My ingame name is Yirvern

Experienced:
    Been playing since classic but took a big break of kag, then when beta was on steam I got back into it. I have about 700 hours on steam and on my other account idk since there isn't a counter. I have experience with all classes but the least with archer. I do a lot of random testing on my server and I look thru scripts to know as much as I can.

Will be able to use Skyper/Mumber/etc. for voice chat: Yes I can use it but to be honest I am not a big fan of it. If I do use voice chat I use skype.

Verzuvius likes this.
  3. jpbkiller

jpbkiller Shark Slayer

In-game name: JpbKiller

Experience: I've been playing kag since Classic .I started beta as soon as it came out and I now have 300hours on steam , add to that all the time I've played without steam . I play mainly Knight , even tho I consider myself as an okay archer and fine builder , I can pretty much teach the 3 classes basics to anyone who wants to learn .

Will be able to use Skype/mumble/etc. for voice chat: Considering I'm French , I would prefer not , no one would be able to understand me cuz of my poor accent, I could still try . I use Skype or TeamSpeak .

Verzuvius likes this.
  4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

In-Game Name: IGN AmestriStephen

Experienced:
    Started playing kag at steam release. Now i have 850+ hours. I play all the classes but I'm more experienced as knight(I am a decent archer too). I could teach all the classes' basics and not.

Will be able to use Skyper/Mumber/etc. for voice chat: Yes i can, but i d prefer Mumble, TeamSpeak or even the Steam voicechat.

Verzuvius likes this.
  5. In-game name: -Sol- Sgt J. Pixel

Experience:
    I'd love to be a mentor. I'm a expierenced player more than 400 hours and I've also played since classic but wasn't the type to use a forum account until silent beta. Reasonibly good with all 3 classes so I can teach my student in the ways of each and see which one they prefer. It'll help me with my social experiments class project which is to start a social experiment and see the negative and positive impacts. Lastly I love seeing new players stay with the game. On a sidenote I can be a good people person but if the student I'm working with doesn't seem to like the way I'm teaching him or the I dont like the way he's being towards me I may just drop him as my student after teaching him the basics which would include standard archer knight and builder training for up to about 20 to 25 hours each. OH ALSO Im from the USA incase you needed to know.

Will be able to use Skype/mumble/etc. for voice chat:
    I can use Skype or get mumble if need be. Also I can use steams voice chat but it isnt the best at times.

Verzuvius likes this.
  6. swiggityswooty

swiggityswooty Shopkeep Stealer

In-game name: glue, glue baby, something like that.

Experience: Have been playing for around a year and a half, I have only around 400 hours on steam but i used the non-steam launcher for most of the time i've played so i would think its more around the 800 mark, not really sure though. i'm from usa. i can play all three classes but i have the most experience with knight, this is not to say i dont know my stuff with the other 2 but i would be most ideally suited to someone who needed to learn knight. i would love to help bolster the kag community, and it'd be awesome to help new/less experienced players. I play kag a lot so i would be active when it came to mentoring.

Will be able to use Skype/mumble/etc. for voice chat: Yup. I could use Skype, mumble, steam, whatever. I would prefer skype but I have all 3, so really whatever would work for the student.

Verzuvius likes this.
  7. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

In-game name: Scrollgamer

Experience: have 1000+ hours but that is not important. I am a bomb expert, I don't to a typical bomb jump or bomb throw, I use every bomb with precision and skill. What others need 3 bombs to get over a wall with I can use one. I am a good archer and everyone hates me for it, because of upfront combat skills and hit and run tactics. im not an expert at playing builder in the field but I build good defences. I am a AUS player, and basic skills is something I don't really teach, my main way of playing is purely timing, patience and knowing when to kill and not be killed.

Will be able to use Skyper/Mumber/etc. for voice chat: I use TeamSpeak, steam voice chat and Skype.

Draco1991 and Verzuvius like this.