1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki Contributors needed!

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Emurus

Emurus Catapult Fodder

I edit wiki pages all the time for bad grammar and bad spelling. (Nice right?)

I tried joining to Chat but it said I needed authentication, but when I went to the site the link to me to all I got was the 404 Error

2. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

looks like the channel had +r mode set (registered users only). It's off now, so you should be able to join

3. Emurus

Emurus Catapult Fodder

Thank you, I am in now.

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I can contribute about tactics like bomb jumping but i really suck at making stuff like those buttons that make one get to a specific link.

5. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

wiki syntax for things like that is really basic, you should grasp it after reading a basic mediawiki tutorial. However, most of the data is stored in templates, which are a bit more complex than basic links. But you don't have to touch that if you just write up more general stuff :)

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Ill try to get a Tips&Tricks added to the gameplay button at the server if i can manage it,but first ill read a tutorial.
    And i cant edit half the pages (without account at least) so its quite a bit of a retarded situation im in.
    There is no box...
    And To help protect against automated account creation, please type the two words you see in the box below:

7. Xiphosuran

Xiphosuran Shopkeep Stealer

I just joined the wiki IRC, no one's responding?

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

couldn't connect to remote server.

9. Mister_Snazzy

Mister_Snazzy Shipwright

I have quite a bit of wiki editing and hosting experience, I'll start chilling on the irc more and making tons more edits.

10. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Sad thing is you cant edit without an account,and i couldn't create an account because of the 2 verification boxes not showing up. :/

11. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Do you have adblock (or another adblocker) installed? Or Javascript disabled? We use recaptcha, so one of those may be blocking it.

If something like that doesn't help, please take a screenshot and attach it to a reply here so we can look into the problem more. The registration seems to be loading/working fine for others who look at it

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

It didn't show up at first but now it does shop up anyway so im going to register while im at it.
    Now im logged in and STILL cant edit quite some pages that need to be edited,this is madness.

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I just hope you don't use That Type Of Typing on the forums.(and found how to edit most pages,i suppose i put images the same way as here on the forums? (img) bla bla (img).

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

1. You're using it right now!

2. forums* jesus.

15. MrRedemption

MrRedemption Catapult Fodder

I wouldn't mind helping out with the Wiki. Will see what I can do to help. :)

16. FliesLikeABrick

Can some other people please register and post here saying whether they can or can not edit the wiki? Right now I have no idea if he is the only person having this problem. I need more data points.

17. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

inactive_account likes this.
  18. FliesLikeABrick

How about now? If they're still not working, try deleting and reuploading - I've fixed a permissions issue on the server which came about when we worked around a bug in PHP5.3

19. Nanners

Nanners Catapult Fodder

I would be more then happy to help with wiki if you need but if you already have enough people that is fine.

20. Nanners

Nanners Catapult Fodder

Ok. I'm here to help!

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97