1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki Contributors needed!

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Feel free to create any thread you want on the forum. I'm here mostly to supervise. I'm not really able to sit and work only on wiki. Thanks in advance for your time.

I guess about the sprites - you can all find them in the game folders. If not you could just take screenshot in-game and crop it.

It is mainly outdated because all the game components were changing over time and it was just really hard to keep it up-to-date. What is the point of putting something on wiki if it was to be changed the next week?

2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

What I will probably do is lay the foundation for what needs to be done. First working on the parts of KAG that are pretty much set in stone such as sprites, buildings, where things are bought, etc. Then adding in the parts that change from time to time such as prices.

Ill go ahead and create a thread to compile all of the things that need to be done currently so that others who are working on the wiki can know what needs to be done, how to do it, and when to do it.

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

An alternative to creating a thread is making an account on http://imgur.com/ , this won't take KAG Forums' disk space.

4. Furai

Don't worry about diskspace. Links tend to expire while attachments don't. Use uploading.

Mazey likes this.
  5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

6. Furai

So I've seen a lot of talking but less actions. Don't mind the layout of the wiki and stuff like that. It needs content - just add it and worry later.

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

K. Im still learning the language. Eventually you will start seeing changes made. Some time this week most likely.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 31, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 31, 2013 ---
    @Furai

I tried setting up an account today on the wiki, but it keeps stating that I got the CAPTCHA wrong. It asks "What does KAG stand for?"

I obviously put King Arthur's Gold. Is that wrong some how?

8. Furai

Should be fixed. Try now. @Duplolas

EDIT: And please sit in our #kag.wiki channel. (@ quakenet)
    It's actually to everyone who contributes. It's sometimes easier to exchange few messages there than come to forum just to post some stuff.

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I plan on doing most of my editing in school, which blocks the channel. Ill try getting around it, but no promises.

Also, it worked. Cool beans. :B):
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 31, 2013 ---
    @Furai

I have started doing some minor changes. Removing out dated objects on pages and changing the basic info such as prices, hits to break, etc to get the ball rolling. I'll do this as I teach myself how to do more of the advanced parts.

VanHuek and illu like this.
  10. Furai

Ok, thanks a lot. :) Keep up the good work.

Duplolas likes this.
  11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Anyway, @Furai is this thread still up?
    Got more time now and I would like to help the wiki/related stuff etc.
    More people?

J-man2003 likes this.
  12. Furai

Sure, wiki always needs updating. Dunno what currently is out of date but let the "wiki" people speak.

jimmyzoudcba and J-man2003 like this.
  13. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

@jimmyzoudcba

You(and anyone) can join the group for contributors to see what needs to be updated/general planning. In general, I'd preferred people create a wiki account before joining so that I know they are at least interested. Most of the info should be there, but if you need something you can always send me a PM or write in one of the group threads. Honestly, there hasn't been much "activity" in updating the wiki but if your still interested the help is always nice/needed.

Cheers!

PUNK123 and jimmyzoudcba like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97