1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki To Do List

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Duplolas, Oct 29, 2013.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

This is a list of things needed to be done on the KAG Wiki. It is not limited to only my use. This is not a complete list. If you would like to add to this list, post below and I will add it to this list.

Things that need to be ADDED/REMOVED:

A new tab named "Environment" needs to be created.
    Within this tab this information needs to be included:
    Information about trees (how they grow, how they damage structures, seeds, etc.)
    Information about grass
    Information about water (physics, drowning, sponges, etc.)
    Information about fire (physics, damage to players, etc.)
    Information about wheat (how much health they heal, etc.)
    Information about flowers​

A new tab named "Animals" needs to be created.
    Within this tab, this information needs to be included:
    Information about sharks (how to ride, how much damage they do, etc.)
    Information about bison (how to ride, how much damage they do, kickback, etc.)
    Information about chicken (what benefits they have, how they breed, etc.)
    Information about fish (how much health they heal, etc.)
    A new tab named "Hats and Emotes" needs to be created.
    All of the different emoticons. Put their sprites in individually and also include a picture of the entire emote wheel.
    All of the different hats. Put in their sprites in individually. Be sure to include both the male and female variants. Also include the ones that only the devs have.
    A new tab named "Vehicles" needs to be created.
    Everything about Catapult
    Everything about Ballista
    Everything about Dinghy
    Everything about War Boat
    Blocks Section:
    Remove team door. Replace with Wood and Stone door with sprite, cost, resources back, hits to break.
    Add Trap Block
    Remove Trap Bridge
    Remove workshop block completely.
    Remove Gold Bullion completely.

Objects Section:
    Remove outpost completely.
    Add Bomb Arrow
    Add Fire Arrow
    Add Water Arrow
    Add Mine
    Add Keg
    Add Water Bomb
    Add Wheat
    Add Seed
    Add Drill
    Add Saw
    Add Trampoline
    Add Lantern
    Add Bucket
    Add Sponge
    Add Crate
    Add Scroll (including information about pricing, where they are hidden on maps, what they do, it all needs to be very specific).

Map Section:
    Add information about the mini map. Include info about toggleing, means of objects shown on it, etc.

Things that need to be UPDATED:

Blocks Section:
    Sprites that needs to be updated:
    Natural: Bedrock, Dirt, Gold, Rock, Thick Rock, and Rubble.
    Built: Ladder, Stone, Stone Wall, Doors, Bridge, Spikes, Wood, and Wood Wall.
    Information that needs to be updated:
    Cost of: Ladder, Bridge, Spikes, Wood, Wood Wall.
    Resources gain from breaking: Ladder, Bridge, Spikes, Wood, Wood Wall.
    Hits to break: Ladder, Bridge, Spikes, Wood, Wood Wall.
    How to get boulder.

Picture of collapsing needed to be updated from Classic to Beta.
    Objects Section:
    Sprites that need to be updated:
    Boulder
    Re-size Catapult picture
    Again, this is not a complete list. If you have found anything else that needs to be added, post below and I will add it to this list.

Thanks, Duplo.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    dnmr likes this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just FYI: No heads are unlockable/achievement based. That was a lie me a few people said to get them to try to kill sharks for no reason.
    Grain doesn't do anything by default, so it's just there as fauna along with grass and flowers. You can mod in so you can build the Kitchen Shop so you can use it, but otherwise it's kind of useless.
    (flowers are these things: Flowers.png )

Scrolls are hidden on a map based on the .png the map it is loaded from. Some maps don't even include scrolls (in fact most don't)

Workshop_Modding is out dated since now it's based on each individual shop's script file and what shops you can build is based on the building.as (I think, not 100% if that's the script though)

The shops in general are a tad out of date and factories are missing, since there are some shops in TTH that aren't in CTF and vice versa

A Capture the Flag page should probs be it's own page instead of being the "Gameplay Page"; related to that, Gamemodes in general should probs be updated as well.

I'll add more, if I can think of any later, and I'll probs help out when I have a bit more time.

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

It seems all nice. It does. What worries me is that...saying "tab" you mean new link on main page like now there is "classes" right? If so I'm worried about space on the main page. It will get bloated with that many "tabs".

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

What I was kind-of leaning towards was changing up the organization of the main page. It already is really crowed. What I was thinking was a long the lines of this:

[​IMG]

The idea is to have the general information as the first thing you see. Having it at the top of the page makes that work.

Putting the latest news on the side frees up more space and is generally what most websites (not just wiki) do when they send out news.

This then frees up the middle to bottom of the page to add anything to your heart's desire. This page of course, will be done last. Mainly because no where on this format is there a part about how to help contribute to the wiki.

Also this is a really bad paint representation of what I want to do. But you get the general idea.

@Kouji

In my experience the grains that are growing on the map heal you when you destroy the stalks.

And do you think adding "Game Modes" as its own tab would be best then? If that was done it would be able to free up more space on other pages and be able to go more in depth into each mode to help readers better understand the concept of each mode.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 8, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2013 ---
    Just an update.

Im slowly getting things done. The past two weeks have been busy for me in school. Though, that should change since I got accepted to my #1 choice for college today.

So far I have been updating the very basic information that you see when you first go to each section.

My work on the page should pick up in he next coming days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2013 ---
    To-Do List has been updated.

I would really like to see a new tab for vehicles. They really shouldn't all be fit on one page with the other objects.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97