1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wild Terra: MMO-sandbox in medieval setting with player-driven world

Discussion in 'Other games' started by guniball, Sep 5, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. guniball

guniball Catapult Fodder

Wild Terra

RPG and sandbox hybrid with building, crafting, gathering, farming and land claiming elements. There is no NPCs in game so the only way to get something is to create it by yourself or trade from other players... or take it with brutal force.
    Huge world. Free spaces of huge sizes where everyone can find his own place. No squares or corners only pleasant graphics in middle ages style. A lot of unique places would make your journey full of discoveries. Search for treasures and you'll be rewarded.

• Gather and hunt. Hey! What's growing here? Is it eatable? And who' is there in a bushes? Is it a hair? What are we going to do with it? Harvest all you can. You'll need everything in your journeys. Take stone and branch and you got an axe. Can't catch a rabbit? Try to craft a bow. Is it done? Then go hunting. Would you try to hunt a boar or a deer? Campfire is awesome but it's time to think about your own house.
    • Build and craft. From shelter to castle. Free building everywhere you desire. Multi-storey buildings. Dozens of materials of any kind, hundreds of schemes and crafting chains. Farming, gathering, husbandry, logging. Terraforming, planting, road building and water canals.
    • Fight and win. Dozens types of weapon and armor with different mixes of skills and perks for use in combat. You don't need to wait too long. All newbie have a chance to win. Your personal skills are the way to victory. From local pvp to global battles. Build catapult and destroy enemy's castle. You want safety? You'll get safe zones with indestructible buildings and no loot drop after death.
    Start as a survivor - become a medieval king - Early access - Play right now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Cool! Might try it :D

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Looks... interesting. Might give it a look, looks kinda like Haven and Hearth but more realistic looking characters, however probably not as balanced.

Also reminds me of the episode of Mission Hill where, well...
    :P

Edit: Looks like there's no free option for Early Access, count me out.

As a warning to anyone looking to do that, games like these (Survival Sandbox with an emphasis on Survival) are VERY niche, this game will NOT make enough money to last most likely. Paradox even backed Salem which while it did have some problems of it's own, was based on HnH that has been free for years (seriously a long time) and still has a very... small player base. This kind of genre just seems great at first then doesn't last long.

Even survival heavy minecraft mods usually start out okay but die out soon, most of the survival heavy aspect will lead towards long term goals (in the case of HnH, some goals could take a year, in terms of Minecraft heavy survival mods, month(s)), this usually has a lot of people hyped at first, but quickly turned off.

That said Topia Online seemed like it was doing okay kickstarted wise, so who knows maybe the amount of people who buy and then never play will help fund this?

E2: It should also be stated the 'premium' on top of that usually leads to issues later in these game as most of what makes them fun to play is going against others, depending on what premium brings even if slight, a small upgrade can be exploited very heavily in these types of games. [increases speed of material gathering, manufacture and construction]. This, is OP. It'll have to be at least 5% for people to bother paying, so they will keep the number respectable, being able to mine 5% more than other people doesn't seemhuge, but when you're playing for a month and that 5% means you're 5% ahead of that other guy, thus can beat him and take his settlement, it's huge.

You have to consider that these games, taking over people's stuff is usually semi-permanent/permanent, if I take your base, your base is mine, you have to go make another base. If your base took you a week to make, I just took a week of your labor away from you. This is enough to have the majority of casuals/core players quit, when you get to more advanced stuff like taking away a month of work from me or a year, almost anyone will quit.

It leaves you with almost no players, and only customers, sadly.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  4. Luigi, you've just replied a wall of text to a fucking bot LOL

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I make posts like that mainly just to dissuade anyone who intended to play it from here who will hopefully read at least past the first post... :S

Chukka likes this.
  6. guniball

guniball Catapult Fodder

I'm not a bot, and I really has read all this. Thank you, it's interesting. Our game has already launched 3 months in Russia and it does not look like what we should have thrown.
    Soon we will go to Greenlight!

PUNK123 and BlueLuigi like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi