1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Cro-pocalypse (post apocalyptic texture pack)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Croco, Mar 18, 2012.

1. feet

feet Bison Rider

And of course, there's no female archer. And with posting the team palate, do it with the other colors please. I play the custom gamemode KingDoms and that needs all the colors

2. Skurcey

Skurcey Catapult Fodder

OMG, you dude are a true genious.
    If i can make a suggestion, the metalic tile in replacement of metal should be rusty

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There are now 8 colors so I suggest looking through that, yup

4. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Sorry about being gone for so long! I was feeling absolutely awful, but now I'm feeling better.

Yes, I love the railway rifle! Its a wonderful idea, I'll see if I can change the gun to look more like that. Thanks for the suggestion Darksteel.

Your argument is extremely valid. I'll try that instead when I take another shot at the knight.

Thanks Piemaster!
    Thanks! And I agree, they should be rusty, but unfortunately that blends with the dirt too much. I have to try to balance visibility and playability.

Yeah, I'll post the colors in the next update, along with some of the effects. And thanks for letting me know about the new colors BlueLuigi.

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Awesome, I'm glad to see that this isn't dead. Is the builder going to be a buff person with an orange working helmet and a white singlet? I think that would be good.

Croco likes this.
  6. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Looking forward to this in its finished state :D your doing a great job ;) :shad:

7. feet

feet Bison Rider

I have a problem. When using your texture pack, each time I play, KAG crashes. Help?

8. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

This might have something to do with a picture being misnamed or not there at all. Did you back up your original file?

9. feet

feet Bison Rider

Yeah, I'm using the original file now, and the texture pack sprites are named the same as the sprite it is replacing.

10. amuffinattack

did it replace all files with no files left over? When i was testing mine it would crash when I made a mistake in swapping the files. If you try again and make sure that all the older files are gone and the new ones are replace correctly it should work? Its the only thing I can image would be messing it up in a texture pack.

11. feet

feet Bison Rider

All I replaced was the world sprite file. Even I can't stuff that up.
    EDIT: I found out the problem. The sprite was saved as a bitmap.

12. amuffinattack

Ahh, yeah I just tested it and it worked :P I was about to tell you you're SoL

13. amuffinattack

On the first page. This is what hes got. The archer doesn't work correctly as it isn't team palette swappable yet but the world.png works great.

Croco likes this.
  14. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Thanks. I love the idea of a hardhat on the builder. I think making him look like a post apocalyptic construction worker is a great idea.
    Thank you! I'm struggling with the character sprites right now, but I'm getting there.

Well, look below, that should make it all a little easier. ;)

-------------------------​
    Download the WIP version of the Cro-pocalypse pack below!

15. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Cool, looks nice. LOL, them only problem is when ladders go sideways. (Not much you can do about that they)

16. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

The builder should have a red or blue hardhat then. The knight should have a blue shirt with a pixelated logo on it.

17. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

Just an fyi but the team colours for the character models don't change for some reason on the latest release.

18. feet

feet Bison Rider

Was playing with texture pack and it looks awesome! Keep up the good work!:up: :):thumbs_up:

Croco likes this.
  19. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Shopkeep Stealer

this is amazing!

20. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

O.0

Damn.
    When It's Finish, I'm Downloading.

Edit: The Sword For the Knight Should Be a Chain-Sword
    [​IMG]
    It'd Be a Good Choice Because It's Future-y And Could Rip Though A Decent Armour, So You Can Make Armour a bit Stronger-Looking

Just a Idea

Croco and evol_nomad like this.