1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Rise of the Samurai

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by FlamingDragon96, Mar 14, 2012.

1. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

The knights I am trying to represent here aren't the normal units used in warfare, these are samurais. To my knowledge samurais never used shields, they only used a smaller sword for blocking called wakizachi. I did not want to implement this so I went with sword blocking, as you can see from the picture in my last post when the samurais are in that stance it means they are blocking. When they're not blocking they'll look like the guy on my profile pic.

2. Khan

Khan Catapult Fodder

sorry but, of course they did, not shield like european warriors, but they did... it was usable only one time, it was made of bamboo sticks tied together, it was light and strong, but you know, katanas are not made to be best with one hand fight (... but some were best with this method... )

but here, the problem come from when they charge their attack, blocking and charging look very similar and personnaly, i dont shoot at a blocking knight
    i just want you to improve this wonderful mod

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

Maybe you could make your own version : o

4. FlamingDragon96

I believe somebody already made one where they have wooden shields, but they are ninjas but not samurais.

5. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

its good, but i think maybe you should change the builder into an asian-style farmer with dirty white robes and a hoe or pitchfork maybe? that would make it look more japanese. i could help with that if you wanted
    </br>--- merged: Jan 23, 2013 1:45 AM ---</br>
    actually wood is moku (もく). there are other elements too like water (すい), fire (か) etc. I know google translate says otherwise, but google translate is wrong

6. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

You do realize that reply was made almost a year ago. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_say_wood_in_Japanese#page1
    Was your point to necro my post with "useless" or "wrong" information.

7. ewox250

ewox250 Shark Slayer

J m going to love this texure pack
    </br>--- merged: Jan 23, 2013 6:38 PM ---</br>
    :p

FlamingDragon96 likes this.
  8. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

i belive the samurai blocked with a double-knife technique (?)

9. xThunderBirdx

xThunderBirdx Shark Slayer

y is the zombie zkight head is bigger than the archer body it looks weird?

Snowmaster14 likes this.
  10. FlamingDragon96

Indeed they did, I believe it's called wakizashi. Spriting this would be near to impossible since I do not have the space available for another blade.

I just noticed that... I'll try to make the head smaller for the next update (that will come after the scripting update).

11. cypy

cypy Bison Rider

Awsome i love this im gana have to try it out... If i you want i could probably get some people to help you if you want.. But awsome

12. aleks2805

aleks2805 Horde Gibber

I love the texture you are pro. Plz more
    ;)

13. ColbyCheez

ColbyCheez Horde Gibber

I downloaded it, everything fine exept for knight body. you didnt put the sprites in the right order and it makes my knight body invisible. any help here?

14. FlamingDragon96

KAG accepts the old format of sprites and the new one so the order I have works. I'm not entirely sure what you did wrong but it is working on my side.

Thank you! :D

I think I can handle this by myself but thanks anyway!

15. ColbyCheez

ColbyCheez Horde Gibber

Hmmmmm? I'm used to installing texture packs but I allways Reset my sprites. Maybe I Installed it when my game was open, but i was in the main menu

16. FlamingDragon96

That was probably it, atm you cannot change anything about the game when it is opened or random stuff happens. When the scripting update comes out we will be able to edit sprites even when there's a match going.

17. aleks2805

aleks2805 Horde Gibber

when is new upade ?

18. FlamingDragon96

The new update will be after the scripting update of KAG

19. aleks2805

aleks2805 Horde Gibber

Thenks:)

20. deivis200

deivis200 Shark Slayer

look sweet 25252525