1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Warcraft 2 Texture pack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Im_a_Turtle, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

New archer sprites are up, my first version of the magi. (With the Fully armored knights)
    [​IMG]

The magi shoot ice bolts. Fireballs will be coming in soon.

2. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

I would use your uber-awesome skins if I could make separate arrow sprites. Is it possible to do it somehow?

3. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

It isnt at moment, i think in the next builds it will come, maybe next already.

4. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Woot! i got my hands on some Warcraft 3 mod sounds. Replaced the hit sounds and the voice grunts to make them sound more brutish so it can blend better with the stocky large characters. (Found below the Orc knight skins)
    Renamed the Orcish knights to their original names i was planning to use in the past.
    You see that big picture with the orc sprites on the OP? Please comment or pm me on WHICH ONES you guys WANT, because im sort of pooped on which i should do next.
    Another thing, what weapons would you like to see on the Humans? I've totally forgotten that i havent made any human skins since a month ago and that i've yet to make the other races. To think of it, i'll hold off the other races till later (Elves have been taken care of by good ol' mishKa.)

5. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Hello again, re-updated the sprites (Except for the human footman)
    Working on more orcs, some feedback would be nice. Will work on human pikeman, Flail knight, Maul paladins.

6. Fozzbael

Fozzbael Shipwright

Does anyone know how to give team seperate skins in build 200? Both teams seem to appear in the skin you put on the blue team and the red one is ignored by the game?

anyone know how to fix this?

7. Orzech

Orzech Shipwright

Why i dont see Orc etc textures? I only hear sound. No orc and paladins textures, just basics.

My eng suck, sorr ;D

8. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Keep your shorts on, im trying to figure out whats going on here. I can hopefully fix the skins by the end of the day.

9. Orzech

Orzech Shipwright

Thanks, turtle ;]

10. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

New knights are being added into the project list since i've not gotten any good looking humans out yet.
    [​IMG]
    Also Saxton Hale.

11. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Zugzug!!! Are these just skins ? Spear thrower o.o paladin ? Is the spear thrower an archer ? They should just go right ahead and make a humans vs orcs map u.u even if they are identical in almost every way. OH HAI, are you going to add building sprites too ? OH OH OH And can you make the throwing bomb like, itty bitty goblins with a keg? just like in wc2 XD

12. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

• Yes these are just skins, but once modding tools come out, i hopefully will turn it into a full conversion mod.
    • Spearthrower is an archer, i need to redo the skin since its nearly 3 months old.
    • Humans and orcs maps would be fun.
    • Building sprites? As in the outpost and catapult sprite buildables or the real WC2 pig farms and stuff? If the WC2 buildings sprites, yes. Its going to take one hellava team to do those tho.
    • Powder keg explosives going to be coming soon to kag so it will give me a reason to reskin the builder as a goblin and strap the keg on him.

Note: Im attempting to sprite almost everything from the WC2 game.

13. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Your not a Dev right? just a player? Wow i hope they use your sprites in Over world.

14. Ultimate

Ultimate Base Burner

The 2 knight's sprite in the middle are awesome !
    Both knight's sprite in de middle are awesome ! :D

15. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

This dude is a genuis..Real talent dude keep the good work

16. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

2nd knight has all of my love, fun fact, back in the old days, those plumes were your real hair in a ponytail put through the helmet, and if your hair was too short, you used a young horse's, and that is why they are called ponytails.

17. Mongooz

Mongooz Shipwright

Hi there, first of all, i would like to thank you for this awesome texture pack !!!! I was not expecting this epicnesssssssss.

But I have a little problem. I would like to have a human skin in blue team and the orc one for red. And it seems it doesnt work.

I replaced all blue team archerMale.png, builderMale.png and knightMale.png by your human sprites blue,
    ans all red team archeMaleRed.png, builderMaleRed.png ans kightMaleRed.png by your orc/troll sprites.

Now when I play the game I have both human skin in both team :)confused:) and with one blue and one red !

Also the mage sprite in both teams is no blue or red, but a strange mix beetween both colors.

Could someone explain me why this is happening ? ^^ I searched on the net but found nothing to help me (sad)

Thank you for your answers :)

Edit : it seems i got the same problem with any other texture pack, also when the sprites are the same for both team, any new texture pack gives me same colours for both team.

18. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Hello all again, I've been gone doing christmas stuff and now am free...for now. Anyways, do you guys want me to go back to spriting these packs again or do you want to wait for a mega graphics update from the devs?

19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Graphic updates sounds better,so that you wont enter a rage mode when both awesomeness's happen at the same time.(pack done,10 min later update released).
    Could if possible,you also make sprites of the skyrim's Thalmor and Stormcloaks.
    Itd be awesome *_*.

20. Huntrom

Huntrom Bison Rider

When is this going be done? if it already is where can i download it?

( Awesome Texture Pack by the way)