1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

With the release of KAG 1.0/ Scripting build...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KCx13, Jan 23, 2013.

1. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

Is there anyway that KAG might...Die? The devs are changing ALOT and this might scare some older KAG players off, or even just some members that like the current play style. I'm just wondering, could this be the downfall of KAG as we know it?

2. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Classic will still be available i am sure. Frankly i think it will rake in far more people than it will scare off, if it does scare anyone off.

3. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

All changes are many for the War game-mode, I believe. So Classic is going to stay Classic, so calm down :3.

4. KCx13

KCx13 Catapult Fodder

Good, I was just getting a bit worried :|, hopefully the scripting build will bring alot more opportunities

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It will, read the 47302 post about it.
    Someone did already mod an airplace.

6. I've already made a sled mod. It was fairly easy to do.

7. Bint

Bint Haxor

:u Where are all these mods! I wished there was a separate website for texture packs and mods because they just disappear into the archives.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

This is about BETA kag, not public yet.

9. Bint

Bint Haxor

Even so, mods or at least texture packs are hard to find in the forums unless they're recent or you know the name of a pack.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Classic will be available for those of us who prefer it, however it will probably die out due to lack of older somewhat better versions eventually, but everything does.

That said, new KAG will probably live for at least a year due to the influx of 'minecraft' players that are now being catered to, unlike in the original KAG where they were shunned for being the retards they are.

Some of the larger problems that we'll probably see with lack of people moving over are the lack of an on-release CTF or TDM mode, instead having it completely focus originally at least on WAR mode. Some will take kindly to this, some won't, I assume it will be roughly a 50/50 or a 75/25 conversion rate.

In any case, mods will also keep it up for quite some time :)

arcanecat likes this.
  12. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

From what i believe mostly every KAG player is overly excited for this update, not just that but we even know classic KAG will still be available for those who do not like it in the end. I believe KAG will be around for awhile, it can provide endless hours of laughter and such.

13. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

It's amazing how many of these fairly dumb questions are easily and quickly solved by reading the announcements.
    But yes, (as stated in an announcement)
    Classic will stay.
    And I'm not even sure how you managed to come to the conclusion that more scripting capabilities will somehow scare away KAG players, present or future.

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It was a speculative question about whether the entire game would lose it's appeal, not whether they were gonna get rid of classic. And I'm pretty hyped about the new release and all the future content from whoever makes it like alot of people, but that certainly doesn't mean everyone's gonna like the feel of the new engine either. Few days old but that just seemed like a pretty needless remark.

Personally I'd love to know if a classic mod could be made for the new engine, that'd hopefully keep a few die-hard players and you could have a much more stable game of it as a result too. Can't remember if Geti's already chimed in on that one, it's been mentioned before but don't remember seeing him say anything about whether it's possible, anything conclusive at least.

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh, tbh, while you could do it I don't know why you'd want to go to all the effort of reproducing the bugs, etc... :p

16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Hahah, you know what I mean, all the team only door/ladder jumping and that kinda business, I think the lack of squeezing and other weird directional biases like the way spikes decide to face we could all live without. That way you can play classic with all the new stuff that we sort of thought would end up in it too, would be kinda cool to attack a mega block tower with an archer umbrella thing and a battering ram, while your other teammates pelt camping archers with a ballista. All in all just playing a more stable and bug/exploit free version of classic would be a laugh, and might attract the hardcore fans to buy the game, I know personally I've bought a few games for the sole purpose of playing a particular mod.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.