1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You must not have friends then, because on the action mumble we're always helping each other out ingame, except for DarkHairedIrish, he's a dirty bastard and will let you die if you're a builder and he's a knight, he will literally stand there and watch you die.

What a prick :>:(:

delankski, Ghozt, Ej and 3 others like this.
  2. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

It's called self preservation and it's completely rational.

I do it too lol

FuzzyBlueBaron and jerloch like this.
  3. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Custom heads are re-bugged! D: We lose them when we change to a migrant again....

4. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Bomb jumping isn't really overpowered in that aspect. You just end up with some knights trying to hold the line on your side of the lake while the archers and builders still have to swim across (unless your team has a catapult prepared, in which case anyone can get over the lake as long as someone is manning the catapult).

Rayne likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

haha bullshit, he literally JUST STANDS THERE, it's me vs 1 knight and he'll watch me die, then go kill the knight.

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Best thing about using skype with your friends.

Noob pug adds ground doors to tower*

I fix the tower*

Noob pug continues to add ground doors*

Me: "Hey guys, lets vote kick this fucking gypsy"

_______ Has left the game.

Awesomec, delankski, Ghozt and 4 others like this.
  7. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

I hate it when I'm an archer and my arows hit the water.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Just call me spaghetti.

Maybe the game should give people some incentive for helping each other, like a gang-rape multiplier to money earned, directly proportional to the number of people attacking.

Dark_Ham, Beef and Ghozt like this.
  9. knightl

knightl Base Burner

incentive to help each other, I call it winning

Rayne likes this.
  10. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

That obviously isn't enough. The concept of winning is generally too long-term to motivate your average KAGer to stop jabbing the dirt and go back to help out his companion on the other side of the tunnel, even though totally ignoring it will get him killed once the enemy is done with his friend.

11. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

You have no good way of removing water and using it as a weapon thats the first problem with it. Number two, the water looks dumb and you see the waves inside the dirt like an old NES game. Three, the water is more dangerous than actual combat which does the job for you. Four, archers are screwed in any close combat situation which makes archer more pointless now. Five, after all the patches and fixes theres no glitch you still have not fixed. Thw scoreboard, yes i know its hilarious not knowing if the scores are correct are not. Yet wasting time on "new features" is more important when you leave out the basic components of a game. Sorry, this build is leading KAG further down hill.

//Thank you for your opinons, Hoj. They even mostly made sense/had explinations attached. I'm sure your thoughts will be weighed along with everyone elses when Geti/MM read through this thread. (Now everyone else, please let this matter rest!) ~fbb

Spoolooni likes this.
  12. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Oh really?

Instead of saying words that won't help KAG for future builds, please Be nice dude , not like that shitty way of telling.
    I think you need to watch "Anger Management" movie :D

BTW:
    This should be fixed on the next build :))
    Someone tries to glitch -_-
    The Bridge Glitch - No supports
    screen-12-06-08-20-42-27.png
    EDIT:
    *Le Give Thanks*

GloriousToast and Dark_Ham like this.
  13. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Water looks so lovely! The 'kerplash' sound effects are gorgeous, as well as the slowly sinking collapses and entities; really nicely done.

Although water is a nice addition, it isn't very fun to play around with. Moving around in it feels more like wriggling through wet concrete than it does swimming through water. Such limited ability is surely good for balance, but it's just so limiting, and makes it more of an annoyance than an extension of gameplay.

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

@delankski, anyone that does that glitch on any server I'm admin on gets banned. No questions asked.

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, I think a little quicker movement might be nice, but I'm sure that's something that can be experimented as time goes by to find an optimal 'viscosity' (or whatever you want to call it). :)

16. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I find moving in water is done well, it could be a bit faster, but really I find it quite fine.
    As knight you can skim (This is awesome) on your shield and then slash the rest, I can make it across a full lake with maybe losing 1/2 a heart max, and that's with only two bubbles.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  17. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I like making bunkers where you can only reach it by going through the passage and its low tide

18. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

no tunnels any more:(

19. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

If the archer arrow draw time takes longer than the draw time this woman is conducting, then you're doing it wrong.

Just sayin' :D

GloriousToast likes this.
  20. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Don't worry WATER SUBWAYS SOON :p
    JK

yea i agree no tunnels any more.. Its hard to tunnel because of water .
    But the advantage is there's more fun without tunnels because there'll no be DESPERATE HUMANS .
    And more fair , more fun, cauz the game wont be so boring when there are no tunnelers anymore :p
    BTW: WE CAN USE PORTALS

FlameHaze3 likes this.