1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

is there going to be water arows

Beef, Contrary and Ej like this.
  2. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

You are, buy this sh*t lol ;D

I don't see that ever making sense.

3. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Don't make me jealous! :QQ:

4. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Arg, fucking spanners!
    Why cant they be made of cheese?! D:<

YEAH_NAH likes this.
  5. feet

feet Bison Rider

Gosh, that's harsh.
    On topic: Than goodness they've fixed the flying glitch, even thought it was kinda fun.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

News on the flying front - spoke with Geti and he mentioned that scripting could easily encompass flying, so to all you peeps who felt that flying would be cool to have every now and again your party train will come! :D
    ----
    @All, as a kindness to yourselves and everyone else, please ignore any further posts by Hoj in this thread. Trollish troll is a troll; don't feed it!

Contrary, SARGRA13 and Ghozt like this.
  7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Edit~ Woah, I get pretty carried away on my iPod, I write longer posts then I would on my computer!

Now today was the first day I really played a FullCTF match, and guess what, I LOVED IT!

I had the most fun with those bouncing mechanics, the amount of fun to be had is just awesome, I started to bounce arrows and bombs, I wrote into the chat,
    'That was an epic bouncing arrow' or 'bouncing is so much fun!'
    No more than two seconds later, on purpose, Exid lit his bomb and bounced a bomb to me as archer and, BOOM, I was gibbed.

People are whining about the breathing mechanics, I think it is fine, as knight that is, on the map generator with two lakes, when you are accompanied by a small bridge; you can slash jump, skim on your shield and then slash once or twice and you have barely used a bubble of air!

I actually really enjoyed this build so far, besides or a few dodgy bits of gameplay, I still had a fun time.

The only thing I can really whine about is shield bashing, it just isn't the same and doesn't feel nice, shieldbashing as of now is glitchy and no fun, yes I sound like a dumb ass saying it was better before with the ping pong effect, but most o the time you wouldn't flip the table over that. I had one guy in a server just jumping to shield, jump shield and so on, he just demolished, I don't want to play like that I just didn't have the feel to shield bash, before it took at least some skill to shieldbash, now you can basically hit someone with your shield and it shield bashes.

As I write that paragraph I think about the times I have had on Bar Brawl (a great aus RTDM server)
    The one on one all depending on you last round wins.
    The skilled knight vs skilled knight not daring to slash because of the three of being shield bashing.
    The crazy 5 V 1 come back from behind wins which just felt great.

Don't get me wrong, that was a great time, but I am not another guy saying I want 190 back, I am just pointing out some flaws.

My Internet was not also top notch tonight so I don't know if some of these flaws were the cause of that (like the enemy being a ball and me literally rolling over them) but somethings still felt dodgy in a slight way.

I still had a hit of fun, hopped on a mumble server, had a chat, and just had a great time.

Something I forgot to add is that those tunnels we are/dud build in Raynes server were epic and hilarious, with us healing underwater but tunneling, who said tunneling was impossible, MOLES accept!

Anyway if some of my post is a tad dodgy I am on my iPod so, yeah, have a great time, and skim that shit!

Antman and GloriousToast like this.
  8. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Now that i think of it, i think Bomb Flying needs to be removed in water maps, so more or less premium servers, its a good function and a lot of fun in normal maps, but now skilled players can just bomb jump across lakes and such. Causes problems.

9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

tis a dumb idea, already have i stole the flag by bomb jumping across and winning spetacularly

10. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Also, if you're keeping this chop-wood-with-full-counter-creates-pick-upable-wood stuff, then the blocks that fall should be in front of the grass. Otherwise... my God. Also, Builders should be able to hold arrows in their counters. It appears as if I can only hold 'em in my hand, now....

11. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

This is why problems arise, im trying to think for the good of the game, but just because people are using the problem stated as an advantage, they take a defensive stance on it...i know i do it too, because it IS available, and it is fun, but if i had to choose, i think its removing the point of the natural barrier, so it should be gone.
    Edit, if you are gonna fight against the thought, put a reason as to why it should be available, (or make it server option)because archers just got nerf'd hard, i think knights need to not be able to jump to the top of there tower, and then all classes would fit there role.
    Archer on ground not running away = dead
    Knight far away cant do anything about it unless you are for some reason in range of a bomb.
    And this would promote knights shielding there builders to build over water!
    re-edit, irony has it that my title is bomb jumper on the forum lol

delankski likes this.
  12. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

If Others still want Bomb Jumping then reduce the Range of the Bomb Jump Boost :D
    Or just remove when Boats are in.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  13. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Let's be honest here, people in Kag have the mentality of a lone wold and this is observable when I try getting a knight to shield me from enemy snipers while I take them down one by one. On the other hand, I do agree knights being shifted to less competitive role because archers are no longer suitable even at their ranged advantage.

I feel that all the effort everyone put in their arguments to give the offensive side more power is all gone to waste as everyone is basically camping at their side of the water. Even as an archer, I can see myself "door hogging." If this is what Kag should really be then it's acceptable for a siege game, but it is rather dull.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  14. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

- Find Friends
    - Use Voice Chat
    - ???
    - Profit

delankski, Ghozt, AJ and 2 others like this.
  15. Don't you even bloody suggest removing bomb jumping. I will kill you and use your genitals as a jumprope for the mere idea of such a prospect. (Bomb jumping is WAY too fun, dude!)

:sword: :>:(:

Ghozt and Rayne like this.
  16. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I allready said it was fun lol, they need to make it a server variable, or remove it (server side variable preffered), i like the jump, but dislike its balance, as archers can do even LESS to bomb jumpers, nevermind getting handled before the nerf lol.
    PS, my genitals, MINE!=.=

17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i suppose i would be classified as a

18. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Think it's gonna be simple rafts, and I assume they'd be rowed.

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Then you'd better hope that whatever random person happens to be there when you need help is a friend with whom you are voice chatting.
    yea right