1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Working on a 2D game making ide

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Xlayer, Dec 30, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Hi guise,

It's been a long time since I've been active here. I've been pretty busy lately with school and haven't had much time for other stuff. However, I have been working on my own game making software for the past year or so. I plan on using to make games in the future.

I'll just get to the point of this thread. I want to share this with yall and maybe get some feedback.

It's called BlankE IDE. LINK--> Blankeide.co.nr
    You can use it to make 2D games and export them to any platform that supports HTML5 (Desktop, Android, iPhone, etc).
    Selecting an option from the build menu will make an EXE for windows or a ZIP that's ready to upload to CocoonJS.
    It uses PhaserJS.
    You can edit the code using your favorite code editor (Sublime Text, Notepad++, notepad...)
    When testing your game, it runs a local server that updates whenever you click "Run game"
    In "IDE Settings" you can change the color of the background, grid, and text (make it look nice lol)

I'm hoping this software will be of use to you if you're new to game development, want to get into game development, or if you have experience and just want a very laid back and easy to use IDE.

Here's a sample screenshot:
    [​IMG]

thebonesauce and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi