1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Would "Jailbreak" seem like a suitable game mode for KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpitfireXero, Aug 30, 2011.

1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

I'm having a big brainfart and so I'm not even sure if this is a game, but I was thinking of a game that would have a very simple concept. Building would be limited to small forts acting as one team's Jail. The objective is to go out and capture the other teams players by 'killing' them- they would then be spawned at the enemy's prison (with no means of escape). The only way to free these prisoners of war is to destroy or break into an enemy's prison fortress. The key to winning is capturing all of the enemy team before they capture yours. Prisons can be built underground so players can tunnel their buddies out the old fashioned way. Sorry if this is meant to go in Suggestions, if it is move it.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

If you want my opinion. No. People who are killed get stuck in a prison and cant move till they're freed? Very unfun for new players and for people who happen to die.

3. Adverted

Adverted Guest

How about add a way to escape every 5 min
    or more depending on amount of players...

4. SpitfireXero

So the workaround would be to allow players to escape somehow... Adverted actually has the right idea (I used to play this in Phys Ed..) After a certain amount of time has passed, and/or the prison reaches a certain capacity, a "Jail break" is announced in-game and prisoners have the opportunity to fight their way out while Prison Guards can try to keep them in. Meanwhile, the other half of the team out hunting may have to retreat or just push forward, depending on their hope of winning. If their numbers start to thin, a suicidal attack might be the only chance of winning.

5. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Physical Education in grade school.

Ahhh.

6. Auri

Auri Guest

DUNGEON BREAK

7. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Sounds like a freeze-tag type thing, sort of like in CoD Search and Destroy. No respawn until an objective is completed. I think it would work well if max health was at triple during this with no healing (except from hearts), or something like that. It would make it so that everyone would have to try while they fight, leaving retreat an option, and making survival more of an objective rather than kamikazi-ing people.

Sounds interesting, but this is something we'd have to see in game before we decide on it.

8. SpitfireXero

Good point t0rchic. Wonder how we go about trying it ;<

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I would love a game mode where dying is an actual penalty, but alas, this would not go over well with the plebeians.

10. SpitfireXero

Fuck the Plebes. And yes, I would also like to see a game mode like that, specifically this one. Even worse than dying is the fact that you're still alive, but trapped in prison. Where Plebes belong.