1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wrapping up zombies

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonofSkz

SonofSkz Shipwright

these posts are such sweet agony, im so excited and every update makes me go yay! :D we are one step closer. but on the other hand im like dont tell me anything i just want it when it comes out. either way love the game sooo much devs keep it up team!

Wonkyth likes this.
  2. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

• Blanket anti-stupidnicity warning
    Personally, i am quite patient, and any people feeling theyre entitled to talk for the "community", are extremely wrong. The community is made of individuals, not a mob with a spokesperson. I would ofcourse like if we got zombies earlier, but i have full understanding that the devs want to take time, as this release are important for their reputation, and might make or break whether King Arthurs Gold will become much bigger or stay at this size. As this thread punctuates, people are pretty riled up about the zombies.

But in the end, it is up to Geti and MM, and i have full belief that they will release it when its ready, Blizzard-style. Any person being angry about it not coming out in the time of the first estimate should frankly be a little ashamed, since the people that have invested most into the game are the devs and thereafter the guards, they do not keep it private just to spite you, but to make the experience good.

3. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

I agree with this, and this is what I said was ok, but what I am truly angry about is seeing people get scorned for having an opinion as if opinions are wrong. I said it myself they can take all they want I just want a rough estimate and I'm fine. Like my post is going to get a sarcastic reply thus proving my point because I side with the people who are complaining. There hasn't been a "I see your point but this is where mine differs.." there has been a "No you're wrong and you're all impatient if you didn't say just wait"

Also my posting here is under no circumstance saying this game is bad, I love this game enough that I had purchased it, and would do so for a friend if asked. I'm only saying that others should ease up on their bashing of others.

4. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Eh, generally anticipating something is more exciting than actually having something. Always having it 2 weeks ahead is exciting. I think I slipped into parody halfway through that sentence BUT THE POINT STILL STANDS. I don't feel very whiny about zombie delays. The point is that we ARE getting zombies and it looks like it's gonna be awesome. That's exciting. :3

5. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Yeah I am excited but I'd like to plan stuff for friends is all, I mean if I got a sometime next week, me and my friends would be able to prepare a day or 2 to play cause we aren't all on at once so it's just the whole I see why it's exciting but I just want to be able to plan it. That's just me though.

6. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Well fuck, shut up everyone and just wait for the game to be released, especially those who keep using inside jokes, >mfw and all the other shit in between you faggets.

Rayne and Neat like this.
  7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

EDIT BY WONKYTH: VIEW THIS AS A BLANKET ANTI-RETARDEDNESS WARNING PLEASE, NEAT.
    There's honestly no release date or even general time period when release is planned because new things like bugs and changes needed end up being found every day. We can't even estimate it. Why would the devs want to give a release date built on presumption? It's better this way, I find. I just dislike how people expect a release date and make it sound like the devs aren't giving one as if they can't keep promises.

Noburu likes this.
  8. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

I am unofficially saying that it will be released next week.

A more specific date you ask? March 2nd 2012.

More specific again you ask? Before 4pm EST.

How do I know this information? I made it up, but if it helps, you can mark it your calenders so you have a day to get excited about. ;)

Wonkyth and Froghead48 like this.
  9. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

At least the developers are contacting the community and letting it known they are alive and working on the game. Would suck ass if they just gave up/died and never told anyone. Anything is better then that.

FliesLikeABrick, Neat and MouldyK like this.
  10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

90% of these post's are off topic.

On topic: I wish they would give us more screenie's and stuff :(

FuzzyBlueBaron and Wonkyth like this.
  11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Surely people are gonna be impatient, I was too, but after someone posted that crash image.. I realised that it actually might be unplayable at times. It is going to be better without major bugs with the cost of week's extra wait.

Actually, if MM and Geti didn't listen to the prayers and stayed with build 203 till now, we would've been all more pleased in the end.

12. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Would you rather have more teasers that make you more impatient/want it faster/sooner and the devs take their time to provide these teasers, or would you rather have it get here when it is done and have you be surprised when it does and surprised by its awesomeness?

Personally I choose the latter

13. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

I'd probably say that there will probably be more screenshots at the weekend maybe.

Or at least when they start multiplayer testing maybe, which if it has not begun already, i'd presume possibly at the weekend since it means their few testers will have more time if they have jobs or whatnot on the weekdays.

Froghead48 likes this.
  14. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Do you have any basis at all for speculating this, or are you guessing/making stuff up like in your last post?

15. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

People are just looking for reassurance for when it will be released, such as will it be released tomorrow? the day after? if you don't know know does that there is the possibility? Would it be the day after that? the day after that? the day after that? etc

What you should really give them is a bug counter, current bugs that need fixing:15 bugs, solved bugs: 5

Basically just more information on the progress of the testing, no spoilers.

FlameHaze3 and Chrispin like this.
  16. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Speculating. Sorry. :/ I will shut up after this post (or at least provide some evidence into why I think things) as I don't want to get moaned at, even if you weren't moaning at all.

They can't say when it will be released as they don't know how long it will take and don't want to set a date, only to maybe find something which takes longer to fix than they thought so, which makes people turn on them. I base this on what I have seen on the Maniaplanet forums as Hylis, the spokesman of Nadeo, explains to the community many times that they do not set firm dates as they don't want to be rushed, but they want to bring the game to people as soon as they can.

And from what I have seen from the KAG Team, they seem to have a similar way of thinking in my eyes. And both seem rather friendly and open with the community at times, so always helpful and lovely to see.

17. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Uhh, I already know, which is why i was suggesting something that gave no exact date but just informed people on their progress.

18. Karlford_of_Acre

Karlford_of_Acre Catapult Fodder

tl
    Hey, here's a little serious business! TL;DR No one cares if they disappoint you or their "fame will increase greatly" with your approval LOL. Are you joking? Get off your high horse.

Seriously though, if you're like this all the time, it's pretty obvious no one will like you enough to impress you or finish THEIR projects on YOUR TERMS. Go outside, get a job, or go play a different game. The world doesn't revolve around you. You honestly come off as an annoying, spoiled kid with his head in the clouds... not the kind of person anyone would want to please with release dates.. much less interact with.

EDIT: Read the 2nd paragraph and that's nice you're "passionate" and all, but no one cares about your rage... lol am I the only one here who finds this oddly gay? This isn't an epic battle against corporate fascists cackling in the dark trying to destroy the internet. It's a friggen indie developer forum thread where you're complaining that they haven't given you a release date ON AN ALPHA PATCH. If anyone else is reading this and I'm being a noob then by all means tell me but seriously dude, GO OUTSIDE. IT WILL BE DONE WITHIN A WEEK CHILL OUT.

Rayne, Froghead48, Worm and 2 others like this.
  19. yuugyu

yuugyu Catapult Fodder

Please guys stop the bitching and talk about the mother fucking.... amazing zombies!!!
    :D

20. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

6nzekj.jpg
    EDIT BY WONKYTH: PLEASE DON'T HEADSHOT MY SCREEN WITH MASSIVE IMAGES THAT CAN BE THUMBNAILS.
    JK JK JK lol
    Was actually very quick in development guys, just it would seem longer to those who are very excited, like myself :D

Froghead48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.