1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wrapping up zombies

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I saw a post somwhere saying it MAY come out in the next few days, any truth to that or do they just be trollin?

2. Serolfic

Serolfic Shopkeep Stealer

While it may attract some people who are unpreferrable, its hard for me to despise the Yogscast rush when I came from the TB rush >.<

inactive_account likes this.
  3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

What about the Aussie GG rush? Biggest influx of Aussies yet.

4. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

Just finished reading this thread and the tension that rose near the beginning, but it looks like things have subsided into peaceful chatter... for now ^u^

@BlueLuigi: Man, that sucks. I had an experience like that, being a sole knight on a team of builders who stayed in the far corner of the map, building ridiculously fragile structures and acting like chat wasn't even one of the game's features. Passwords may be painful, but sometimes, it is the only way to require a player to have a certain amount of intelligence to say, look on the forums :(. And newbs who don't listen to advice are the worst of all. Hopefully, zombie mode will teach them not listening has repercussions. I only wish there were some way to do so when they build absolutely terrible structures, but alas, karma is hardly ever instant :(

I am somewhat dreading the approach of Yognauts (especially after they bashed 3079), but eventually they'll learn and become at least tolerable members of the community.

5. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

Don't worry make the best of the situation, make good community members out of them. And I'm sure the guards will kick arses into order if need be...
    umad? Too right I am. plz keep random conversations off the off-topic nature out of this thread. kthxbai! - Wonkyth

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You don't have to deal with it, you can just laugh at them, hit them, or leave.
    Dealing with it in general is usually a fucking bad solution and one that usually arises when you have a good place inhabited by bad people in such a way that you cannot evict the people and enjoy the place.

It is mostly a function of the internet or bad social lives (re: parties that are for faggots where some stupid annoying fag shows up).

7. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Wild imagination and expectations you have there.

"Umad?"

Oh boy, looks like i should practice what i preach and avoid talking with these people.

8. rileysvil

rileysvil Shopkeep Stealer

Yay! Very exciting!

9. Inexorable

Lighten up man :D, you're all doom and gloom. Can't see silver linings?

10. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I'm afraid the silver linings to small compared to the scale of the cloud.

11. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The main Yogscast channel favorited the video, so I would gather we are catching the influx primarily from there.

Publicity is never a terrible thing, and those unwilling to put up with new dudes can take refuge in passworded servers, of which there are at least a few. Personally, I rarely bother being helpful, because more often than not, dudes get belligerent when you point out their mistakes; they'll build what they want to build, battlefield-and team-- be damned.

Still not a bad thing. End of the storm will bring good things, that much is certain.

P.S: Stop arguing.

Contrary, Noburu, Worm and 3 others like this.
  12. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Ok, just gave out a swathe of token warnings, as well as a bunch of REAL warnings. Forum mods: yours are all written, as I can't give you proper warnings.
    It's ok guys, I dont have time to rage at people much these days, so you just all get a stern look. However, I do have time to hand out warnings to every last stupid comment made in this forum.

Thankyouvermuch.

Froghead48 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Adding to what darksteel said my borer wagged a episode of gf and he told me this and I told my friends and... And I ain't that bad o.0

14. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I play in passworded server so whatever happens in game isn't too much of a problem for me.

Never heard of the game everybody edits? it is a browser based 2D building/skill game that was once small and very good, it worked like KAG with a menu of which worlds you want to enter.

Once the player base started peaking 1000 trying to find a decent original world became tiresome and most were simply copies of each other with the exact same maps and type of children playing them, this would also heavily include Pixel art worlds.

Small publicity isn't a bad thing as the community isn't torn apart by that, as long as the community is still growing naturally and not having it's identity ripped from it by a wave of minecraft fanatics who are only playing it because their wet dreams from youtube played it.

FlameHaze3 and Froghead48 like this.
  15. Inexorable

I agree, but I doubt it will be as bad as you think. It's not a game all people like, I've tried to get friends on to it, and none of them were impressed in the slightest, I reckon that we will most likely end up with a an influx, then many of the new members will lose interest (and most likely return to minecraft or terraria :D) and we'll be left with more people who see the beauty in the original concept of KAG.

Yes, I agree, but I don't think the team's intention was to make a game with a small player base and tight knit community that we sort of have now I'm not saying we'll lose the good community, we might just have a spell of dilution (if you know what I mean, and I understand why you like it. (When you have small numbers of players like this the community is generally an excellent one, it reminds me of an old game called Generals (RTS) as it is old it has a very small community, and what comes wiht the small community is awesome, you can literally have spoken rules for a certain match, you can say to a group of enemy players and allies, no rush 15, and no one will attack in the firs 15, or say that certain units are not allowed and you wont come across them).

Further down the line I expect this game to have an awesome player base, as it's quite a niche appeal game.

However this is just my prediction...

16. Karlford_of_Acre

Karlford_of_Acre Catapult Fodder

I completely agree with this. If you're like me, and you don't want noobs accidentally crushing us with our own structures or killing all the trees before the match starts because they didn't know you can run in front of the tent to get more wood then USE your knowledge to teach and help others... That's why I loved the Battlefield series. You could talk in in-game voice chat which allowed you to work as a team, and show people tactics and strategies to up their level of game and accomplish goals you otherwise couldn't. Once Zombie Mode comes out I think it's going to increase the importance of teamwork a lot. With all these new players coming into the community as well, it's important for us to point them in the direction of the Builders Guides and lead by example in game. Who doesn't want to be a leader? The pro that everyone listens to in a match. Who doesn't want to instruct noob peasants on where which block goes and how to create wonders and castles that stand for the entire match? Let's show them how it's done!

Inexorable likes this.
  17. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Nah. I don't think this would solve the issue at all. It might help, but i'm really not one of those happy ending optimists who think everything can be solved by being friendly and with everything nice. There are always going to be idiots and people who curse and people who don't actually want your help. They'll do whatever they can to not be told what to do. They're kids after all.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  18. Inexorable

Yep definitely.

I'm excited for the teamwork that will be involved in zombies, zombie survival across all games is where I excel above other good players.

I'm a zombie-survivalist at heart.

FlameHaze3 and Froghead48 like this.
  19. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

When you wrap up a Zombie... it becomes a Mummy

See what I did there?

Agent_008 and Inexorable like this.
  20. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Ive tried countless times now to instruct people what to do, and how things work, even small ideas that are pro, but they just swear and curse and what have you, somtimes people dont even talk, just ignore you and continue being bad. This flux of players has honestly not been good, either they dont understand english, or they are to young to listen to reason.

Edit: this thread should prob be locked, keeps getting off topic, even me, i just cant remember the headline and i go off on a tangent, perhaps change the thread name to somthing in the form of a topic :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.