1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum XenForo 1.5

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Aug 18, 2015.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

could you add animation when looking at forum member's posts

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. How about More then one Forum Skin,Maybe like a black background skin or something.

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

If you look at the bottom of the page on the left above the tweet and recommend, ( anywhere in the forums) you'll see something that says casual_fluid the new default skin or Basilisk, the old default skin. Click that and you can change the skin of the forums. I'm ATM using xenFracture_fluid a black skin. This is what it looks like: image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

what time zone does the forums use when it says something like "Yesterday at 8:39 PM?" anyway to change it?

icemusher likes this.
  5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

icemusher likes this.
  6. I actually like the theme for the forums now. I joined the forums after it was changed(don't really know what this is about, but it seems like baisik was the old theme b4 being changed to this). I've gotten used to it, and I like it this way.

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That's do-able atm, but also kinda fiddly (as in, everything needs to be done manually). If there's a shiny addon that made the process somewhat more streamlined/automated then I guess it's a possibility--you'd need to go research it first though, if it's that important to you.

8. ahh i love this Thanks i never Knew this :)

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

And how would it be chosen? Who will be in charge of that? What would be the criteria to get chosen?

Do you know of any add-on that can feature some member? Same goes for featured mods.
    I'll do some searching.

10. Furai

I think, I'm going to postpone it for another hour or two. Sorry guys. I need to sort out some other things.

11. Dont you worry about any of that furai. Just leave it all to me.

12. Furai

inb4, @Vampire will be all-time-featured player.
    As to the upgrade, I'm already working on it for around 40-50 minutes. Soon I'll be disabling forums to make backups.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2015 ---
    Soooo, after really long fight with forums I got them to work. I had problems with ISP in meanwhile which significantly made my progress slower. Now, I'd like you guys too look around and see what is broken - something is for sure. I doubt everything went flawlessly.

I thought that I'll configure new options today as well but I'm literally brain dead right now. There are few new options for merging double posts. Conversation Essentials got upgraded as well. I'll try to make nice post that can be shared somewhere in following hour or so.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2015 ---
    Oh wow, it merged - I was impervious to double post merging. Kewl, seems some tweaking is in order.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron and Vampire like this.
  13. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

So it a 'no' for old, good Baisik Fluid theme? >:(
    Anyway gj on upgrade.

Btw I want to reprot this:
    #blameFurai
    Forums upgraded. Reprot any bugs in the links below.

14. Furai

Typos, typos everywhere. Ok, I'll fix it. And after that I'm going to cook something. I haven't really eaten anything since I started that damn upgrade. I tried to do my best to deliver it to you, guys.

Vampire and blackjoker77777 like this.
  15. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Great update Furai and tbh I like the idea of the New Posts and New Ressources being shown :o

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Glad to see this off the todo list and in-progress :) Good luck with any final gotchas, these kinds of upgrades always suck (everything is unmaintained, everything is incompatible, everything goes over the allotted time).

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Nice work, Furai. Barely noticed any differences--and when I have, it's been for the better. ::):

18. What are the differences anyways.

19. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

New things I noticed are:
    Tags: https://forum.thd.vg/tags/
    Latest Reviews on resources sub-page: https://forum.thd.vg/resources/reviews
    Newest posts and resources in the sidebar (obviously)
    This is probably all. The rest of improvements are invisible for us, normal users.

Also Furai said about two things that have not been done yet (unfortunately):
    - redirection from forum.kag2d.com to forum.thd.vg
    - default theme change (back to baisik fluid) (plz)

Here's more infos if you're curious: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-5-0-released.103412/

FuzzyBlueBaron and icemusher like this.
  20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That will probably never happen, once the THD forums are created forum.kag2d.com will probably lead to the KAG section

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97