1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Xonotic

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Smilecythe, Mar 4, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

You mean the game Nexuiz that Illfonic released, that's a modern I want some quick cash- indie game with stupid DLCs based on a game that used to be free and fun. It's only about $10, but wouldn't even be worth tenth of that. Only thing the commercial version has relation to the original is the title name, one arena that was declared as SHIT already in classic Nexuiz, weapon names and their basic features. Customization is very limited, you can't make a dedicated server, too few arenas, too simple arenas (especially those that came with the duel DLC, like squares with jump pads on both side basically), movement is crap and cryengine it is using has a lot of graphical bugs. I honestly can't figure out what they were thinking by purchasing a title of an awesome and populated game and turning it to everything that the game wasn't, were they seriously expecting a financial success this way? Thats a great recipe to a perfect failure for this type of genre. The classic Nexuiz released by AlienTrap is awesome and is where Xonotic originates from.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ah yeah that, I knew it had some stupid stolen name crap, forgot the name of it on steam though, but yeah that game is pretty bad.

They had some sale for it around release where it was quite a bit more than $10

Mods: BlueLuigi