1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Look at all the trap doors that make up the right wall for our base, Thiel. I think they may have gotten in through there. The tunnel lead round the back, didn't it?

2. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

It was the battle of the century... I had one target in mind to slay, and it was none other then Beef, the captain of their military! Time and time again, we clashed swords, ending in my death. I vowed to bring down this dangerous foe, and that I did, seconds before the battle was won by us!

Contrary and Beef like this.
  3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

spoiler: people are massively overstupid.

4. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Especially new builders, who seem to think the structural integrity of a fortress made of bridges surpasses that od a fortress of stone.

5. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

screen-11-11-19-20-43-31.png
    Builders forgot which way the defenses were supposed to point. We were massacared...

GhostyS, Foxodi, Eggnogg and 3 others like this.
  6. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I had fun calling strath mean names for no actual reason

7. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Had a good start as a builder... built a few successful traps and had a TON of gold from mining, we had a rather large tower as a forward position next to a rather high hill... said tower had a long bridge extending out from it. bridge was used as a means of getting up the hill (at times like this i realise i should have taken a screen). I was walking back to get stone for the frontline when the bridge above me collapsed. Managed to get away from it. Then a builder on my team started a tantrum and accused me of griefing. I was no where near that damn bridge when it fell. I resented the statements made against me best i could and I was almost certain that I would get kicked. But alas i wasnt, kept playing and we managed to push the enemy all the way back to their keep, quit shortly thereafter due dinner. But it unsettled me quite a bit. :huh?:

8. saniblues

>Get worst possible team
    >10 units v 30
    >Win anyway
    [​IMG]

Valkyrie, AJ, illu and 4 others like this.
  9. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

2 Stories for today my children.

1. On BlueLuigis crazy Attack/Defend server (lots of fun) I was attacking as a glorious Blue Super Commander. I played 5 games on that server and we lost 2 and won 3. We lost the first two and I had little idea what was going on. On the 3rd I got the flag and fled, but had to hide as our flag was missing. However I directed my soliders and brave Strathos(?) returned the flag and I scored for Blue! Then someone else got the flag in the next game and I returned the flag with a smartly thrown bomb, for us to win again! In the third game I broke into red base and took the flag and only just managed to get away. Again brave Strathos(?) returned the flag for victory! I had fun on that server.

2. On Boats n Hoes I believe (hehehe) I was again a Blue, but my colleagues were not of the highest standard. Illustrated by me being the only person attacking when the game started. However they did manage to hold the fort adequately and I went on expeditions behind enemy lines. I found a tunnel the damned reds had made so I ventured into it. After being kicked out a few times I found the going was easier when the reds got outposts, so they never went in there anymore. Going as builder to utilise the ladder making ability I found red base was mostly undefended. I laddered over their pitiful defences and took the flag. Heading back into the tunnel I ran into a red knight, so I ran away. On the surface I ran into a red archer so I ran away again, back into the tunnel. It was a vertical shaft with ladders up it and the bottom was hard to get onto unless you were a Blue. The red knight had just managed to get up when I slid back down into his head. I then luckily ran into a tunnel leading to a dead end, as the knight ran into the right tunnel. So I leapt on his head again and then on the archer who had just made it down and back up the shaft. On the surface I quickly laddered my way up and over red defences with the newly freed reds on my heels. With a skip and a hop I fled and blocked off their path to win a glorious battle!

10. saniblues

me before every match
    [​IMG]

Fellere825, Jackal and Kyzak like this.
  11. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Sani, I'm terribly jealous of your fulgurant strength.

EDIT: Just got out of a match where I bombed across the map (landing intermittently on three towers of the enemy's own military), snatched their flag, bought three more bombs and traveled back the way I had come (albeit more difficultly due to having to interval with the flag and my bombs). We had a party on the top of our base, as usual when I am about to capture the flag, and then I ended the match.

12. saniblues

Holy shit blast boosting is the most fun thing ever

Beef and Jackal like this.
  13. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

I know, right? I've mastered it, methinks. I can perform the common ground bomb jump, the Wright Brother jump (where you start gliding when the bomb is just about to detonate in your hands), the Double Bomb jump (place a bomb on the ground, wait roughly a second and light another in your hand, put your shield down so the bomb on the ground sends you flying, and then Wright Brothering with the one in your hand from that blast), the Atom Smasher (holding the bomb in your hand until it detonates, but keeping your shield facing upward when it explodes. I've gotten up to eight simultaneous kills with it), the Dive Bomb (most difficult one, which involves cooking a bomb in the air after a Wright Brother or Double Bomb, throwing it at just the right time so when you get close to it when it's on the ground you get more air. It's nearly impossible and I did it once on accident).

That was a lot longer than it needed to be. Anywho, that's a majority of my bomb jump knowledge. I still have a personal method that I don't share with others. ;)

Wonkyth and Beef like this.
  14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, the Atom-Smasher is a killer!

Jackal likes this.
  15. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

It seems like it wouldn't be physically possible though, without dying...

Wait a second, we're talking about bomb jumping. What part of this is physically possible?

16. saniblues

I've started using the map editor to combat griefing on the a/d server since that's the only place that works. Also to carve obscene words into the background.

Kyzak and Jackal like this.
  17. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Not a bad idea. Probably the most productive use of the editor in multiplayer, actually.

18. saniblues

I tried using the editor to monitor a different server but it dawned on me that catapults and arrows take up all my airspace and I ended up blocking peoples' shots.

Note to self: entomb yourself when monitoring other servers

Jackal likes this.
  19. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Entombing has such a negative connotation... plus I'm tired... so monitoring with the power of the bomb-jumpin' editors of Saniblues... and what? I guarantee I won't remember this message in the morning. But yeah, thanks for being a good moderator!

20. saniblues

Tonight I was a bad moderator and meddled with teams because the red team kept losing. Small games, so it wasn't a big deal.

Dropped outposts and catapults to them, coupled along with the good stone. Aside from helping the losing team, though, didn't do much other than sit in the sky and build junk because my team didn't need me. There were probably two instances of me helping my own team, being to build a really huge wall that was gonna collapse anyway (It did) and making ladders for them (Did it in normal building range, already had ladders set so I used the editor instead).

[​IMG]
    I also did this

I probably shouldn't play until this is out of my system.

Miggles and Jackal like this.