1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

We ended up loosing. I had my record almost 7 K/D ratio for a brief moment at least. ;p But we totally lacked direction in trying to get out of our base, I was just a lone wolf behind enemy lines when I tried to push. Managed to jump-throw a bomb on their big, unfinished bridge (heavily used since they kept loosing their frontline op) from an opposite mountain. Seeing a part of it fall was very enjoyable. :) Especailly since there was a no-exit pit below. CTHETKA or whatever joined our team near the end, but didn't seem to hack despite the reports.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, and dad forced me away just when I started to have fun :(

3. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't emphasize enough how much I believe the builder is overpowered.

ps this was the last four games for me

4. Snoopicus

Snoopicus Guest

That's a great picture of me in the tower!

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Lol Sani I love your comics.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  6. Xan Kriegor

Xan Kriegor Guest

My last match's been fun. Our team's been raided for a while and almost destroyed, but we dug tunnels and went behind their front lines, stole their outposts, took their flag, and won the match. :)

7. Contrary

My last game was the first I had in a few days and it was pretty good. Instead of KD whoring I ran around super aggressively like the days of yore and it worked ok-ish (4-5 KD). If they only have maybe 60 or so ping below you you can backpedal and jump over knights and stuff fairly easy, though you have to watch out as their sword hitbox is waaay longer than their sprite.

But what made it a really enjoyable experience was the fact that my team wasn't retarded. A good number of adequate archers and workers who kept pushing with outposts. Good stuff. We grabbed the flag a few times but eventually the cliff + stone drop will stop you.

8. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar Shopkeep Stealer

Tried playing as a builder but my teammates messing with my structures when they don't know what I'm building got too annoying. Switched over to knight, got like 70 kills and capped the flag. Fun shit, I finally got the new combat system down.

9. miaow

miaow Guest

Yo, go check out [HA] server, I destroyed the towers :D

10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Had a game just now. Went well at the start, pushed the enemy back to their base. We disabled their spike trap and I started to get through the base of their tower. I bombed through it and also collapsed their entire tower by attacking the backwall. I managed to get their flag a few times but due to RL distractions I lost it. People wouldn't help me take the flag so it was 1 v 3 trying to steal the flag after their base collapsed. People were jerking off back at main base building or whatever, I was the only offensive class. Ragequitted cause I was dying against 3 people ganking me.

11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Me as an archer with 2 enemy knights coming at me down a tunnel. Shoot an arrow and injure one then run past both of them unhurt and repeat.
    Killed them but they re spawned and came back. Kept doing it till I ran out of arrows and was mercilessly executed. It was fun

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just experienced a lot of laughs and a fair bit of frustration at builder tunnelling. I think digging in general is way too fast and effective. Some hilarity ensued with just enough lag to hop off bridges and a few ladder towers. I have decided that fighting in vertical towers with no "floors" is no fun though :P

13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

[​IMG]
    Long, interesting and epic fight, many archers and oh so awesome
    [​IMG]
    advancing
    [​IMG]
    yet advancing, no a single tower shall stand in our way!
    [​IMG]
    so close but still so far
    [​IMG]
    knight fights
    [​IMG]
    We are getting pushed back!
    [​IMG]
    Back at here
    [​IMG]
    My opinion

First the battle was epic, but then there happened push-backs, which lead to annyoingly long rounds. My idea about how to prevent this is can be found here

14. saniblues

[​IMG]

I went into the Euro server and started building doors today

SARGRA13 likes this.
  15. saniblues

DOUBLE POST YAY

Played on the Euro server, there were only 5 players: Me, Sedge, Goodie, and two other people who aren't important. Sedge and Goodie were on my team, and for some reason the other two were yelling at me to kick them for being griefers (Nothing to grief when you build a giant 5x20 wall in front of Bedrock)

Later that got boring, me and Goodie had a discussion about how 2010+ griefers are terrible compared to 2008 griefers (I do sometimes yearn for those days when griefers were an unstoppable force until the admins got on), and it devolved into Builder pvp, where we both tried dropping blocks on each other.

The Blu team just watched until a partypooper knight stole the flag and I left

16. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Lol! Go make triple posts if you like to if you continue with drawing such nice comics and writing funny stories. :)

17. miaow

miaow Guest

And then he came to a different server and played a small game on the glorious red team with me :D
    We formed a 2-man army to capture the flag once, then he and ha1ter did most of the fighting while i buildered my way through the next game. Lots of fun :D

18. Contrary

Was having a rad bromance with fellere, got lots of arrows and started running as soon as the time ended. It was a lame map with a lot of mountains for no good reason. I sprint and use my arrows to clamber up as fast I can. I get over to their side and as I scale up, a worker spams like 30 stone tiles and they explode and go all over the place. I dodge, then seeing I'm only a second a way I try again. This time I've almost reached him, arrow priming up for a shot, I can hear his heartbeat, the last beats it will ever have... He then spams another 50 stones and I die instantly.

19. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Sucked. That map had too many boobie hills popping out of nowhere. No point in them.

20. saniblues

Oh man, so like, me and this guy, Maiku, tunneled to the enemy's base (using natural tunnels because the map generator was full of mountains and they didn't see us anyway), and after we got their flag, they got ours.

[​IMG]

I'd buried their flag in the far left of the map while they decided to hold ours. For about 30 minutes I did nothing but drop blocks on people that were trying to invade (until they got an archer that killed me and gave their builder a chance to build ><'')

[​IMG]

That knight killed them and took the flag back. We had a little party before we capped, it was great :D