1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I make a point of warning people as soon as they start talking like dicks. Of course, I also make a point of kicking them if they ignore the warning. I don't pull punches, and personal insults all over the place do not make a game pleasant, especially for first-time players.

2. There is one name for people like that: Trolls. People who troll the crap out of people at the player's expense and ruin the game for others.

GHOZT likes this.
  3. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Ive come to realise that the archers ability to utterly spam arrows in rapid succession makes things a tad to easy at times.... when the enemy huddle against your wall and youre on top you can just let loose on them.. even if they are knights shielding up when they try to actually scale the wall they become momentarily vurnerable, moreso when friendly knights come and back you up and force them to fight them while I the archer just rains down death upon them... and for each hit i score i get more coins for arrows so i can just rince and repeat the process... previous match before i got fed up with griefers and whatnot ended with me having a K/D of 70/8.....

4. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

So about 4 hours ago i went to play kag on my favourite server... [AOE] aussie ctf... and guess who was on... Geti!
    i was surprised, but forgot to take screenshots. but anyway it was one of the funnest matches i have ever played, mainly because of the small maps. gibs flying knights screaming and geti running around with his custom hair. though i have to admit killing him was rather satisfying :P

5. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I keep seeing other forum member online but they always leave before I can greet them... :(

6. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

[​IMG]

lol I was minecrafting while our team was doing good...

It's a good thing they never got up to this cause they could have destroyed it quick.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Almost pulled of a flawless bombjump (played knight because i was feeling lucky!) over the enemy tower.. grabbed their flag and made my run for it.. cut down three people on my way back! but then i was caught between two enemy knights... i was this close! THIS CLOSE!!! it would have been glorious! Tried again... made it over... got their flag! died... third time? got over... still died... then the enemy team somehow got fed up with my antics and made a giant wall against my efforts...

8. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

LOL a castle collapsing in this match

9. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Luigi and I went on elaborate missions to steal the Red scums' flag. I often died, but Luigi capped it a few games in a row. Once I tried escaping their tower with the flag, but there was only a 1x1 hole in the ceiling. I tossed the flag up through it to my teammate on top, who amply captured it. Quite a bit of fun.

EDIT: And tonight Beef, Fellere, Arcrave, Zeus, Jaedong, Ajax and a few of my friends in real life fought in a bloody huge war on Jaedizzle's House. Epic times, like my 4+ bomb jump of death that landed me in the enemy's base, holding a soft red banner. I took a dandy sword to the face, however, which hindered me from escaping the dreary confines of their fortress. Oh, and I mistook Geti for the No-Named Nemesis. Haha.

Hella and xChapx like this.
  10. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Found the screencap button!

screen-12-01-25-14-56-53.png
    A tower I made that worked fairly well...The spike pits where added in later on but you get the idea... the lower teamdoor doubles as a step and a arrow slit to shoot at peope from ground level... tried this design during a few matches and it brought pleasant results...

(also picture was taken mere seconds before my team scored..)

11. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

Oh hai sani.

Last round I was in a random server which had a massive skybridge with stone structures on it that stretched across the map, with some archers keeping my team at bay. And suddenly, I feel an earthquake and the bridge collapses, and EVERYONE gets killed. Collapsing is an amazing feature.

Jackal likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I am pleased. 'Twas the end of a normal game on Beo's CTF; I was left, alone, to face about 27 enemies, and they were ended.

Jackal, Zegovia, xChapx and 1 other person like this.
  13. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was alone with another team mate so we dicide to bring down our castle with us.

14. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

[HA]Fellere825 of the Red Legion Engineer Corps.
    Time: Saturday, January 30, 2012

The Blue Menace consisted of an elite battle hardened force led by the professional mercenaries, Jerloch and UnnamedPlayer, from the warrior clan "Mole." The Red Legion was severely undermanned. With a defeat from an earlier campaign weak morale among the troops led to mass desertion and reinforcements were from wandering mercenaries looking for glory and pride, they would serve to be nothing more then extra sword on the battle plain.

It was late afternoon on the eve of battle, both armies were setting fortified positions at opposing ends on the battle plain. On initial observation veterans on both sides understood that a long and prolonged bloody battle would take place on outcropping of land in the middle of the battle plain. Yet with the defeat still fresh in their minds the untrained and unexperienced soldiers of the Red Legion focused on creating an impenetrable fortress. Despite the impossibility of this undertaking I could not bring myself to stop the men. I could not blame them, their fears from the previous battle were fresh and my battle instincts were telling me to fortify and defend the initial encampment as we would not withstand direct battle. It was accurate to say that our small band of men were on wits end. It was true that the Red Legion had a small trickle of new soldiers to take up their sword for the banner but none were expecting battle hardened veterans to join this suicidal campaign. Yet despite all expectations nothing short of a miracle occurred.

The Red Legion had a newfound ally. A lone mercenary from the warrior clan "Mole." Beef was his name. Under the pretext of being fellow Royal Guards we had banned together to oppose the Blue menace that confronted the Red Legion. Beef's previous campaigns and achievements led him to take command of our Volunteer Shock Troops in order to fortify the high ground on the battle plain. As the natural barrier that prohibited troop movement was still in place our Volunteer Shock Troops hastily grouped together and prepared their suicidal charge for the Engineer Corps to set up static defenses atop the high ground.

As the barrier lifted, the Volunteer Shock Troops rushed atop the high grounds. With Beef at the head, the four man squad was able to reach the top of the hill and dispose of the measly two man team of the Blue Menace that had attempted to take the high grounds. While pushing forward and raging a suicidal battle for time at the base of the hill the Engineer Corps darted forward to fortify the hill. Each builder was brimming with stone and lumber. Yet it seemed as if the enemy had prepared from such an occurrence and the Red Engineer Corps were rained with arrows and sustained many casualties. I myself had barely set up a rudimentary wall when an arrow had pierced my chest from afar. I was rushed to the medical tent and received immediate first aid, but... it was painstakingly long before the wounded could reenter the battle plain.

edit: If you want I can continue it... but this seems like a massive wall of text so yeah. Basically Beef's post sums it up down below. I think vivucus was there too... But I'm not 100% sure... Sorry vivucus!

15. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Watching Overlord go through his "Fuck this shit" moment was incredible. He was playing cautious at first, killing someone, returning to heal and buy bombs.

But then, one kill, he didn't return. He considered it. A brief wobble betrayed the inner conflict.

And then the slaughter started.

He ploughed through Blue like the protagonist in a cheesy 80's action flick. He broke into the base (prepared by fellere), bombed it's defenders, got its flag, but it wasn't long before the defenders from the towers above noticed the commotion in the throne room. They tore after him like bats out of hell, straight into the tunnel systems.

But you see, they were archers. Archers, in close confines. With a knight. Named Overlord.

There were no survivors.

A hush fell upon the battle field. A second that lasted an eternity, as Overlord contemplated his ascension to godhood, and both teams tried to digest what had happened before them.

The cheers from his team mates, his battle brothers, his former enemies, broke out, and although he was fated to leave us, he did not leave us empty handed. No, for we have his final words. Cherish them, always;

"brb lol"

16. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Such words shall be cherished for eternity--be they sung out across the lands by bards and minstrels, or chimed lightly into the heart of a child prior to sleep's gentle lull--by the brave warriors of that day.

Hail Overlord!

Overlord and tlc2011 like this.
  17. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

tlc2011, xChapx and Jackal like this.
  18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

There needs to be a better way to get rid of griefers and people causing trouble on servers. I forget which server it was, but we had a guy on our team (king_finny2468, I memorized the fucking name cuz I typed it so many times) that did nothing but bomb all of our shops each time we built them. Then he kept saying, "DUDE IT WASN'T ME." even though I sat and watched him do it 3 times. We lost twice because of that. I have never been as furious in my entire life at a game as I was when this happened tonight. I wanted to kill the rest of my team because no one else would mark him for a kick. INFURIATING.

19. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Hit escape, go to chat, and type !guard. Then give us what information you can about them (username, server, where on the map, and what they're doing, off the top of my head)

If it makes you feel any better I've frozen and kicked that guy already for griefing today, too.

xChapx likes this.
  20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well thanks for that. Kid was on my last nerve. And then my team kept jumping in saying, "BOMB SHOP PLZ" and I would cave and make it, only for him to blow it up again. And yet, no one wanted to take two seconds to mark him for a kick... hmmm...