1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

(Wrong place to ask, really, but that said I'll answer your question. Next time go here: https://forum.kag2d.com/forums/knight.83/ ::P:)

The reason you're finding the hit range on slashes so big is because the forward momentum of a knight is added to their slash (up to a maximum of 50% of the base range). This means that if you're travelling fast enough in the direction you're aiming when you slash you will have 1.5x the normal rage you would have if you were standing still.

It might sound weird/silly at first, but the purpose is to help counter the effects of lag in knight combat and (once you're used to it) it just becomes another normal consideration in playing/playing against knights. :wink:

Guitarman likes this.
  2. i made a sick slash-stomp-bomb-whatever penta-kill today when i jumped onto guys trying to board our warship. and a few seconds later i did a less spectacular sexta- or septa-kill (hard to say) with bomb+double slash, but unfortunately i blew up in the process (hey, does that count as octa-kill?)

Contrary and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Won Three Consecutive CTF's, capping respectively: Last of Two (Surprised Lack of underground Defense didn't fuck us. Gave Teamie an Enemy Bomb Arrow); Last of Two (Used Enemy Chicken to get around a wide overhang from beneath, then kegged. No Deaths), and Both Flags (Rushed First, Teamie Kegged Second. No Deaths).

I now understand what Contrary means when you feel pity for the other players.
    All in all, I relied heavily on Mobility more than Kiting, and Passivity to Aggression. Who knew a month's break, and crushing mental excruciating anguish is what revitalizes the spirit, and makes you unstoppable.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Or steam plebs.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I don't know how to feel anymore.

Guitarman likes this.
  6. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

so i saw xiaojin67 ingame today... (top left)
    you can also see landoo raging after some noobs knocked his boat sideways :D
    Screen shot 2013-12-21 at 8.09.05 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Bint, Stevedog and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I did a Double Flag Steal (I handed the one flag to a builder, and got stuck in the Double Bunker; I got out via murder), and a Triple Flag Steal (I capped the first two because they were exposed, and I was pretty much uncontested when I nuked their pittance of a bunker. This is the really dumb map in which the flags are literally next to each other, and anyone can rush them). The latter was a Double Cap.
    I won somewhere around 5 or so CTF matches, primarily as the Destroyer Knight, Primary Flag Runner, and pretty infrequently, the Competent Builder.

I think I capped at least a majority of the enemy flags except for the last one.
    Otherwise, the enemy base was in shambles; I kept bomb jumping into the base destroying everything; I was very capable of distracting, or holding back the enemy team.

About 200 kills, about 60 deaths, liberally estimated, and at least 8 flags capped.
    Several thousand wood and stone liberated, and several thousand coins pissed on sets of four bombs.

Sir_Walter likes this.
  8. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Okay, this happened a while ago, but it was so fantastic I thought I would post it now.
    So I was playing on some random TTH server and i made a crate. I got in it and this other player brought me to the other team's front wall. He said, "Pizza delivery!" The builders at the wall brought me inside. One savvy builder guessed at my existence, and entombed me in stone. However, I still stayed in the crate. Eventually, my pizza delivering friend managed to get to the base when no one was looking. He builder'd and broke me out. He brought me outside the last remaining hall, and then some noob brought me in. When he was gone, I busted out and capped the hall, ending the match. Probably my best KAG experience ever.

Vampire, Nabuco, Rayne and 9 others like this.
  9. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Wow.

Okay, I need to try that.

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

[​IMG]
    This generally set the tone for a mostly disappointing CTF match.
    Unimpeded rush; blues crushed; sole blue flag withheld; killed a dozen people with the same shark.
    Along the way, the blues told the reds to "stop this torture".

(I suppose I could apply to the SHARK clan, now.)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  11. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The little red +1 after you throw the shark is beautiful.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Sir_Walter like this.
  12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

you need to make both teams ragequit with one shark, to be able to join us.
    this is one of the many pre-requisites we have.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I thought you just needed to get ahold of a pair of Arcrave's sister's panties?

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

this is another such pre-requisite!

FuzzyBlueBaron, Vampire and BlueLuigi like this.

15. Someone please edit some Sharknado scene on the end of it.

zerd and Sir_Walter like this.
  16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Heh, that's the easiest pre-requisite. The hard one is stealing Arcrave's panties (After all, Arcrave is secretly a 12 year old korean girl).

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Auburn-Senpai, Rayne-Sensei, pls take care of me. (Shall I start a conversation involving the induction process?)

TTH, I love how many mines I can shove down the other team's throat, and outright destroy them.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Dantedeathhermit and Sir_Walter like this.
  18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Let me tell you about builders. Every time they get cornered, they start spamming blocks, as if it's better to be trapped and no asset to your team than respawn a few seconds later. This usually ends up creating stairs for the enemy to get somewhere they couldn't previously.

Oh yea, and every time the game is JUST about to start, one builder always blocks off the exit and makes it impossible to leave base, or starts building a stupidly tall one-block tower with no way over from your side.

Sir_Walter, FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  19. That's why I think everyone should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ91efcGS9o before going builder.

PS: By @8x
    PPS: Couldn't find the original thread post.

8x and zerd like this.
  20. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Excellent video.

Here is a link to the thread:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/builder-tips-and-tricks-beta.18602/

It is to be found in the "KAG Media" as a sub-section under "General Discussion".
    Sadly i think alot of the great content such as this, is mostly overlooked because it is only a sub-section.